Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We WILL make a run...this season!

FunBunch7

Tampa will smoke us 27-0. Campbell will have 73 yards passing and will have 40 yards rushing. Tampa is NOT the place to start a new quarterback who has looked worthless in preseason. Those Campbell lovers are gonna get their wish. He will not impress anyone. The only run we are going to make this season is to the free agent market where we can pick up come more winners like Archuleta.

A small part of me feels this way , but I know if I allow this part to overtake me and we catch on fire I would hate myself for doubting. So here is to the future :cheers: I sure hope its a bright one!!!!!Beat them Bucs

When I lived in NoVA, I never knew any SKins' fans who would bail on a season while playoffs were a mathematical possibility. Even then, there was always hope for a last-minute change by the NFL rules committee. 72 to 83 was a long stretch. 91 to now is even longer. But I never, ever gave up on a season.

Where are all the FAN-atics?

For us to make a run for the playoffs these things need to happen:

1. Last week our defense played pretty good, don't let the score fool you. The defense needs to continue to improve and start getting some takeaways.

2. Ladell Betts and TJ Duckett need to be productive

3. If the above happens it will give JC a much better chance of being productive and competitive the rest of the season.

I am an optimist, but I don't see it happening. It would be fantastic if it did and it would still be very nice if we won 5 of the next 7 games and ended the season 8-8. This would give us something to build on. I truly believe our defense will be back in top form next season and if JC is the real deal we should be pretty competitive next season.

Yeah at 3-6 things on the surface seem pretty gloom. But we have a game in Tampa that we SHOULD win bringing us to 4-6...AND THEN...

a 3 game home stretch which includes Carolina, Atlanta and Philly.

If we can come out of this at 7-6 or even 6-7 we will still be mathematically alive and have something to root for as far as playoffs go.

In any event, it is still important for us to get to 8-8 if possible. It goes without saying that the development of Jason Campbell is importnat for the future as well.

This season is not over by a long shot brothers and sisters!

6 and 10 might be more realistic but whatever keeps hope alive is fine with me.

Original poster here...

My main point is that the 3 game home stand against teams that DO have weaknesses is HUGE. I'll even admit that Dallas has a better team than us (did I just say that?) but we were able to find a way to beat them. Dallas is alot better than Carolina for that matter as evidenced by their win a couple weeks ago over them...Atlanta is in disarray...and Philly, well they handed us our hineys, but in 4 weeks when we play them, things could be alot different.

This brings us to the Tampa game...their defense is alwasy pretty tough, but there is absolutely nothing about their offense that scares me. Even if we can "eek" out a victory in Tampa, and gop back to Fed Ex at 4-6...that 3 game home stand can do wonders.

As Skins fans, we have to at least have "hope" if not alot of "faith"...Didn't you all see "The Shawshank Redemption"?

It's not too hard to tell the real fans from the ass-clowns these days.

Edit: Quite possibly the most pessimistic, self-absorbed set of posts on this forum here.

Lighten up, Bro.

You took the words right out of my mouth. What the hell is he talking about. He can go back to the Ranch Report Message Board now.

Archived