Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we please for the love of god keep the same offense for next year?!?!

skinsngibbs4life

Well, like many said in the offseason, Saunders offense takes a year to learn. Yet, we all dismissed it and thought it was going to be an instant success.

It's pretty obvious that we have been having troubles on offense this year. However, I think yesterday just shows how this offense can work. For the most part, we were moving the ball fairly well. A lot of times we got it inside iggles territory, we just couldn't fnish. His offense is starting to show what it can do.

I think next year, we need to keep everyone on offense, of course with the obvious switch at QB. Honestly, with the weapons we have, I think our offense should turn out to be very good.

But please, please keep the same personel. The last thing we need is another coaching change and different personel. We have to keep the same people.

If we try to make more wholesale changes I'm going to cheer for another football team. Gibbs mistakes from this past off-season may haunt us for a few years and watching this team try to rebuild with Brunell at the helm is just not fun.

The problem is, we don't have any identity or chemistry on offense. Are we a power running team that smashes people in the mouth and sets up play-action down the field, or are we a screen pass/mis-direction team that the entire NFL has figured out how to defend? Teams are lining up in the backfield because they KNOW where the plays are going. We have NO audibles at the line and the players don't believe in what we are trying to do. At least last season the team was together. The way it sits now we don't even know what we are.

Changing the QB will at least give us a chance to move forward and build for next year. Right now we're going backwards, and fast. Sticking with Brunell only delays the inevitable.

I agree, though. We need to stick with Saunders. It's too late for Gibbs to take the offense back so might as well continue to build with Saunders. I just think it'll be a waste if we stick with Brunell.

We have NO audibles at the line and the players don't believe in what we are trying to do. At least last season the team was together.

What have you heard that says that this team isn't together? I haven't heard much that would say that. They all seem to be on the same page.

Gibbs brought in Saunders for the long term. That is the only way the move makes sense.

Jason

The problem is, we don't have any identity or chemistry on offense. Are we a power running team that smashes people in the mouth and sets up play-action down the field, or are we a screen pass/mis-direction team that the entire NFL has figured out how to defend? Teams are lining up in the backfield because they KNOW where the plays are going. We have NO audibles at the line and the players don't believe in what we are trying to do. At least last season the team was together. The way it sits now we don't even know what we are.

Honestly, I think Saunders is a little afraid to call deep routes with brunell at the helm. I dont think that saunders has faith in brunells arm or his decision making anymore. However, when we do go downfield(3 times in the last two games), all of the plays have been successful.

Thats why I believe that when we get an able QB that can actually get the ball down the field into this offense, teams wont be able to crowb up like that. Because right now, no team is respecting our passing threat. But if we can actually start a downfiled thread, it will open up so much more of his offense to use.

Not to start a controversy and this is a rumor that I heard on a Philly sports talk station but they said that Saunders is completely sick of Brunell and doesn't want him running this offense. He knows Gibbs wants the team to have a running identity and so does he but he's been calling pass plays, in obvious running situations, to show Gibbs that Brunell is not the QB for this offense.

I hope that doesn't lead to Al's firing for insubordination or whatever and that it brings in Campbell considering football is over for us now.

Not to start a controversy and this is a rumor that I heard on a Philly sports talk station but they said that Saunders is completely sick of Brunell and doesn't want him running this offense. He knows Gibbs wants the team to have a running identity and so does he but he's been calling pass plays, in obvious running situations, to show Gibbs that Brunell is not the QB for this offense.

I hope that doesn't lead to Al's firing for insubordination or whatever and that it brings in Campbell considering football is over for us now.

Hes been saying that all year. I think during training camp he said he wanted campbell in there, and he wasnt really a brunell fan, but of course gibbs had the final decision.

If Gibbs is giving total control of the offense to saunders, he needs to give him total control of the personel as well...

If what you say about the pass plays on running situations are true then that would make Brunell an even worse QB because a good QB would know when to change a play in the huddle or call an audible and for the years brunell has been in the NFL he should do that. I mean he is "super smart" isn't he :doh:

Archived