Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 Wide Out Sets?

RiggoReincarnated

I haven't seen many if any 4 Wide Out Sets this season? Any idea why we don't put in Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, and Patten in simultaneously on occassion to stretch the defense?

I don't think many defenses could cover all 4 adequately.

Actually I think you could see three of these guys and CP line up in the slot as #4.

Randy Thomas is an upgrade from what we had and has been playing at an All-Pro level. Dockery has also constituted an improvement. The only constants in terms of level of play are Samuels and Jansen.

Randy Thomas played for Spurrior in 2003 and was playing at an All-Pro level with the Jets. That's why Danny and company paid big bucks to bring him in and solidify the oline. Yes Dockery has more experience now, but other than center, the line we have today is virtually the same as the 2003 Spurrior debacle.

A TE, FB or RB really needs to stay in to protect!

I thought that was one of the reasons Saunders was brought here...to unleash these kind of formations.

:doh: It flew right over your head....

I was saying it as if I was Al Saunders....the point was, i dont think they coaches are going to get on here and be like ....oh snap you're right we never thought of that thanks!

Randy Thomas played for Spurrior in 2003 and was playing at an All-Pro level with the Jets. That's why Danny and company paid big bucks to bring him in and solidify the oline. Yes Dockery has more experience now, but other than center, the line we have today is virtually the same as the 2003 Spurrior debacle.

A TE, FB or RB really needs to stay in to protect!

What about the Joe Bugel factor? Don't you think he's coached them up since then?

Archived