Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone from Charlottesville area...help needed

Zguy28

I lived in Charlottesville for 10 years. I lived less than 5 miles from Monticello. Is Oxo new? I've never even heard of it.

EDIT: The only restaurant I've even heard of off that list is the C&O. I was in high school though when I lived there so I wasn't usually going out for a romantic evening for two. It was usually downtown at Silvia's or something. A lot of these sound new.

You probably want to go to the Downtown Mall where there are a number of options, and it's just a nice place to be on a Saturday. If you're looking for a fancy place to have a nice dinner, the best restaurant in C'ville is probably Oxo, although I prefer the slightly hipper Zocalo. If you're just looking for steak and lobster, the Downtown Grille is pretty good.

There are also less pricey options on the Mall like Bizou or La Cucina or Mono Loco. And another step down are the places I actually ate at on a regular basis like Christian's Pizza or Marco and Luca's Noodle Shop. One of my friends actually opened up a casual chicken place on the Mall called Eppy's, but that's probably not what you're looking for in a nice dinner.

I lived in Charlottesville for 10 years. I lived less than 5 miles from Monticello. Is Oxo new? I've never even heard of it.

EDIT: The only restaurant I've even heard of off that list is the C&O. I was in high school though when I lived there so I wasn't usually going out for a romantic evening for two. It was usually downtown at Silvia's or something. A lot of these sound new.

Yeah, I think Oxo is probably pretty new. I know Zocalo is new. They are kind of the trendy new places that people take their dates to impress them.

...I was actually thinking he should go to Bodo's on the Corner because the fact that it actually opened is a miracle that all should see. Maybe if he and his wife party too hard they can hit the White Spot for a late-night burger.

C'ville really has almost too many dining options depending on whether you want the trendier Downtown Mall restaurants, the laid-back environment of the Corner, or some of the older more out-of-the-way places like the Boar's Head.

Ok.. so far:

10 AM - Walking tour of C'ville

11 AM - Shopping downtown mall

12 PM - Lunch ....still need suggestions?

3:30 PM - Tour of Monticello

6 PM - Dinner at Old Mill Room, Boar's head inn.

Lunch suggestions? Pizza and stuff is fine.

Thanks to everyone for your help! Saturday was great!

We had the kids sleep over at afriends house and the wife and I slept in. We got to Charlottesville around noon, did some shopping, then to Monticello and the Boar's Head inn for dinner.

DWBiggs, good call on Christian's Pizza, that was some of the best I've ever had, plus the service was cool.

A few pics, it was beautiful weather.

HPIM0560.jpg

But not as beautiful as my Lady. :D

HPIM0564.jpg

HPIM0563.jpg

Archived