Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor Performance

Tomel

ST has been fine so far this year, but has not looked like the ST i thought he would be, like in the 1st 3 weeks of the season. A lot of that is because of the bad 2ndary as a whole, but some of it is due to his extreme aggressiveness.

Marcus for 6 weeks was mediocre. Finally last week he turned it around and got into it. In those weeks he never made that big play we needed to spark the Defense and he looked small out there. Finally this week he turned it around.

You guys are unbelievable.

Sean Taylor is the only player out there on defense. Of course it's gonna look like he's whiffing when he's assigned ten yards away from the play and everyone else is blowing their assignments. If it were any other player, then they wouldn't have the opportunity to miss a tackle. Watch the film.

You guys are unbelievable.

Sean Taylor is the only player out there on defense. Of course it's gonna look like he's whiffing when he's assigned ten yards away from the play and everyone else is blowing their assignments. If it were any other player, then they wouldn't have the opportunity to miss a tackle. Watch the film.

This is pretty much true, though Washington has stepped it up recently. On many of the plays you see ST "blow" he was coming from somewhere else on the field to try and save a play that a DB screwed up on. I've also seen him dragging a bit; not very energetic or into it as much and I can't say I blame him. When you have to cover so many different places at the same time I'd think it could get discouraging, especially if it is stopping him from really doing what he does best and what we saw him do in the 04 and 05 seasons. However, it is still sad to see. I watch highlights from the last 2 seaons and see how fired up he is on every play and how the whole D was that way too...and they had chemistry together. This year they just seem to be a hodgepodge of mediocre talent (with a couple star talents here and there) without desire or direction. I really hope things can gel so we can see the old ST back out there as a football seeking missile.

On a side note, it is pretty impressive that with such a bad D overall he still has some pretty good stats and has made some good plays considering how much he is being asked to do. Shows how much raw talent he has.

You're gonna make mistakes when you're having to compensate for someone elses lack of play. Those are the mistakes that you see Sean Taylor make. I will agree that I'm starting to notice he'll get burned on pass coverage every now and then, but again if you're having to compensate for someone else by changing your style of play, how can you do your job correctly.

Hands down Taylor and Washington are the stars and playmakers of our Defense.

Taylor and Washington are trying to keep the D afloat. They are the only ones really playing worth a damn out there on that side of the ball. You see them so much, because they have to pick up the other 9 guys' slack on the field.

I agree, and the funny thing is...

I really don't know why the others are playing so pathetic right now.. If Sean Taylor and Marcus Washington are always the first around the ball, that means our other players are either confused or getting whooped most of the time!

Right now there are no Pro Bowlers on our Defense. ST has shown flashes, but is inconsistent in pass coverage. Part of the problem is you have two run stoppers in the secondary. Right now I would say ST is probibly the 5th best safety in the league, and that might even be a stretch. Palamalu, Reed, and Williams are well above him.

You are flat out wrong. Just wrong. He's involved on every play and only looks like crap in coverage because he's making up for Wright and Rumph by taking on their coverages while the defensive line gives the quarterback about a year and a half to throw the ball.

Simply put: No.

Archived