Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor Performance

Tomel

Is it just my imagination or is Sean Taylor having an incredible year thus far. It seems like he is in on a lot of defensive plays and if he's not making the stop himself, he's close to the action. In fact, he's the only Redskin that seems to be playing like he belongs on a super bowl contender.

I don't know... I kinda noticed him going for the big hit, and wiffing on alot of tackles the last couple games.

Big plays are nice, but not wrapping people up keeps long drives going. :2cents:

:2cents:

we will see if everyone wears b&g glasses

he hasn't done as well as his first two years thus far. Something is definitely up. Marcus hasn't done much either. THey are still our defensive leaders, but I think they are suffering from a lack of scheme/talent around them. Taylor seems to always be around the ball, which is a good thing, but I have seen him miss some tackles as well. It isn't necessarily his fault though as others should be making more tackles that he easily makes.

I think it is that with no real secondary behind Taylor, teams are just straight avoiding him, same as Marcus too. Hopefully with the Springs/Rogers tandem, Taylor will make his presence felt.

I agree with Mr. S. The secondary around Taylor isn't consistently doing their job and it's the same situation with the line and a few linebackers in front of him. I believe that this hinders his style of play by forcing him to attempt to make up for their mistakes.

I haven't seen ST whiff many tackles in the open. The ones I've seen either should've been made by people in front of him, or the man was going down, so he missed over them.

I think it has been well said thusfar. Teezie is an animal, but because of the lack of "support" in the passing game, GW has been forced to keep him back in pass coverage, oftentimes employing what seems to be a cover 1. As such, when Wright or Rogers get beat, its nearly impossible for Sean to make up the distance and pick a ball off. It also allows for opposing offenses to simply "throw away from him" and both of these factors contribute to his lackluster pass defense numbers.

All that being said however, before last week he was #1 or #2 in tackles for NFC safeties on the probowl ballot, with at least a few pass deflections. Add in the fact that he's forced at least 3 fumbles and has been apart of numerous "big plays" (whatever that means this year) and I think he is our best candidate for a probowl nod.

Here's to hoping that GW can back him up a little so he can roam a bit more and make more plays around the ball without having to worry about playing anywhere from 2-4 positions at once (FS, SS, RCB, LCB).

He had some jarring hits in the Indy game, including a devestating tackle on a kick return (that was not shown on replay or even mentioned). But until a consistent pass rush is established the D-Backs will look silly against most teams. I keep hearing how ST goes for the big hit. Ronnie Lott always went for the big hit also and he's in the HOF. Taylor was, and usually is, all over the field.

Right now there are no Pro Bowlers on our Defense. ST has shown flashes, but is inconsistent in pass coverage. Part of the problem is you have two run stoppers in the secondary. Right now I would say ST is probibly the 5th best safety in the league, and that might even be a stretch. Palamalu, Reed, and Williams are well above him.

Right now there are no Pro Bowlers on our Defense. ST has shown flashes, but is inconsistent in pass coverage. Part of the problem is you have two run stoppers in the secondary. Right now I would say ST is probibly the 5th best safety in the league, and that might even be a stretch. Palamalu, Reed, and Williams are well above him.

Blasphemy...and Ed Reed is having a sub-par season as well...

It looks to me like Taylor isn't quite playing up to the level he did last year, and maybe that is due to the rest of the defense around him. He definitely doesn't ball hawk as much as he used to, and I don't know why. There are situations I've seen where he could clearly leap up for the ball, and instead goes for the big hit. I would like to see a better balance between ball hawking and bit hitting. After all, that's what Taylor's amazing talent should bring us.

Is it just my imagination or is Sean Taylor having an incredible year thus far. It seems like he is in on a lot of defensive plays and if he's not making the stop himself, he's close to the action. In fact, he's the only Redskin that seems to be playing like he belongs on a super bowl contender.

:applause:

its not imagination, its called reality:D ,his name is ST:notworthy

worthless:doh:

Sean Taylor will be the best to ever play the position, mark GW's words! haha

He still is amazing, the rest of the defense isnt stepping up, if you give a qb all day in the pocket any secondary can be exposed. ST is the man and people can say all they want about how soft our D is. But there is no mistake about it, Sean Taylor is an enforcer.

Ha! Ha!

So ST is having a great year because he is second only to Archuleta in tackles and Archuleta is having a terrible year. The logic there sort of boggles my mind.

Come on guys get real. Nearly every scene of a deep completion against the Redskins shows #21 on the edge of the picture trailing the receiver by a few steps.

Oh yeh! That is because everyone else around him stinks. What a bloody crock. The truth is on those despairingly frequent plays we often don't know who has what responsiblity; but it is as graphic as James Webb's description of fatherly love in Thailand that #21 didn't make a play.

Archived