Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The bye... just in time.

skinnyles

Who do you guys think will benefit the most with the Bye?

I personally think Coach Gibbs really needs this time to re-energize...his team

I'm glad we're getting the time off. Let the guys blow off some steam have the Brain Trust come up with an infallable game plan and a way to get this team believing they can win (which I hope they can) and this weeks going to be huge.

I'm having a really hard time believing that Gibbs can fire this team up (but what do I know) but he's going to have to reinstill some faith in order for us to make a run.

Also, I think the defense is going to take huge strides because of the bye. Hoping Archuleta starts getting a little angry and we see McIntosh in for Holdman. I think Carlos and Springs will be 100% so Burnt and Toast should only get a couple reps/game for the rest of the season.

There needs to be a serious offensive attitude adjustment...adjusted to what we did last year in 5-0 or we don't go. Clinton mother****in' Portis. He's the ingrediant. 26 touches in two games in unsat.

Well I think most if not all extremskins members need a bye week even worse than the team. I mean we have covered every possible topic at least 3 times or more and now we are choosing sides and ganging up on one another. I'm getting a good idea how the Philly locker room was last year when TO would walk in.

I say we :refill: :chug: :refill: :chug: :refill: :chug: :2drunks:till Dallas!:peaceout:

Who do you guys think will benefit the most with the Bye?

I personally think Coach Gibbs really needs this time to re-energize.

He is a super-smart thinker that really fights his guts out and works really hard.

I'm sure he will dig down deep and find a way to explain the loss to the cowgirls that is really positve.

Hopefully it will give some guys time to get healthy if nothing else. Especially on the defensive side. Maybe Gibbs and the coaching staff can work out some of the kinks in the bye week and bust out with some new offensive plays down the field against the boys. Would love to see a replay of last years game with Brunell to Moss.

Hopefully it will give some guys time to get healthy if nothing else. Especially on the defensive side. Maybe Gibbs and the coaching staff can work out some of the kinks in the bye week and bust out with some new offensive plays down the field against the boys. Would love to see a replay of last years game with Brunell to Moss.

That would be a good tape for him to show the players. Hey, Joe, if you need it, I have it on the DVR. Just let me know and Ill send down a copy.

Yeah, we need this week off. D will be together for the first time this season.

The O needs Gibbs to get more involved and tell Sanders what plays he needs to focus on.

Personally, I want to see a statement. Something the team can get pumped about. Something different that makes a statement. Something like come out and run Sellers or TJ down their throats the first 2 series to tell them. Strap it up. Its smash mouth football. Then come back with Portis. Id rather see a power back in one first down and Portis in on later downs running sweeps, draws and zone.

I would rather see a power back loosen things up then work Portis in to ran around everyone. But Ive been waiting 2 1/2 yrs to see that happen. That would give us more of an identity.

Nothing will change as long as Brunell starts. Oh we can probably win the game against the Brokebacks (they look just a crappy as we do) but no way we win with Brunell in Philly unless a total commitment happens to run the ball and a few things go our way. Lets face it I don't give a flack what Gibbs says. Brunell is a very limiting factor for our offense and our D is not the 04 D where it can keep opponents to under 14 points a game. Thus we are going to lose games.

That would be a good tape for him to show the players. Hey, Joe, if you need it, I have it on the DVR. Just let me know and Ill send down a copy.

Yeah, we need this week off. D will be together for the first time this season.

The O needs Gibbs to get more involved and tell Sanders what plays he needs to focus on.

Personally, I want to see a statement. Something the team can get pumped about. Something different that makes a statement. Something like come out and run Sellers or TJ down their throats the first 2 series to tell them. Strap it up. Its smash mouth football. Then come back with Portis. Id rather see a power back in one first down and Portis in on later downs running sweeps, draws and zone.

I would rather see a power back loosen things up then work Portis in to ran around everyone. But Ive been waiting 2 1/2 yrs to see that happen. That would give us more of an identity.

Much agreed. I mean lets mix these plays up. At 2-5 there isn't a whole lot left to lose and the screen plays every other down isn't working so why not. Play old school Skins football--------run to open up the pass, then send the ball down the field. And we do need to make a statement against anybody and i would love to see that be made vs dallas.

Archived