Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Starting JC would not matter....

GPREP HOG

I posted earlier about our Oline being the biggest dissapointment, and behind them I think are at least three other BIGGER dissapointments in front of Brunnel.......

We have much much much bigger problems which need to get fixed before we look at the position of QB......our O-line, D-Line, Secondary and Linebackers to begin with......

Take a look at David Carr, the guy is having an amazing season.....if JC turns out to be as good as David Carr then we all should be so so so happy.......what is the Texans record???????

I think Brunell needs to be benched........but how much difference would that really make???

not to much my friends...........

Not now...

However, if Campbell gets 9 games to learn the offense during live NFL games and the rest of the playmakers (Moss, Portis, Cooley, ARE, Lloyd, the OL) can gel under Saunders, then we're not starting from scratch in September of 2007.

The worst would be for our O to start to figure things out in the second half of this year under Brunell and then our coaches make the realization that it's Campbell's turn late in the year or to start next year. We'd essentially be going through the learning process 2x at that point.

well we won't know till we try. maybe campbell can get rid of the ball sooner or keep his composure better under pressure? there's no question that he'll be more mobile. maybe he'll throw more passes down the field and keep defenders out of the box and open the running game more? i know these are a lot of maybe's, but like i said, we won't know till we try.

I would gladly trade records with the Texans if it meant trading personel.

Hell I would do the same w/ the Titans and Cardinals and they have one win fewer than us.

The Texans commited to David Carr and now it's paying dividends. Man sure wish we had coaches that would commit to a young QB. Oh wait I forgot we have the super smart super tough Mark Brunell at QB. Can't go wrong! :doh:

Not now...

However, if Campbell gets 9 games to learn the offense during live NFL games and the rest of the playmakers (Moss, Portis, Cooley, ARE, Lloyd, the OL) can gel under Saunders, then we're not starting from scratch in September of 2007.

The worst would be for our O to start to figure things out in the second half of this year under Brunell and then our coaches make the realization that it's Campbell's turn late in the year or to start next year. We'd essentially be going through the learning process 2x at that point.

i rather acceralate this process.. we need to find out and allow campbell to stablize the qb situation here in washignton

isnt that the point

if we are losing lets lose with a 24 year old qb so we can get something going in the future

what can we gain from with losing with a 36 year old?

Exactly...riding out Brunell would just prolong the losing since we know we should expect some rookie mistakes by Campbell for a while.

We might as well struggle all together and improve all together. Like I mentioned above...I'd hate to see everyone else start to "get it" while Campbell is on the bench because that just means they'll all have to struggle again when he finally gets in.

Not now...

:applause: I think most people feel bringing him in wouldn't necessarily be the answer for this season, but that is something we def. need to address.. Our long term goals, which is something i feel Synder has really never cared for.. He likes to get instant gratification with big dollar signings of players that usually have but 2-3 left in them.

Why do people think that bringing Campbell in is supposed to help this year. THATS NOT THE POINT! Its to get him experience for NEXT year!

I have been saying this over and over again in other threads but it does not sink in with these people. They don’t get that we want JC to play for dividends in the FUTURE not for wins now.

Not now...

Right on the money, my man.

Plus, Brunell's not showing us anything, anyway. He doesn't take shots downfield, and when he does, they're not very accurate. He's good with the short stuff, but who isn't? And with the O line what it is, maybe Campbell could avoid some of these sacks...

First of all if the offensive line is part of the problem, wouldn't we be better off having a guy back there that has the mobility like Campbell? Second do you want to start next year w/ JC so he could go through the growing pains of the NFL next year and we throw that season away too. Most teams that start young QB' are focusing on next year. I want JC to get experience now. I want to see what he has. Maybe he's horrible and we need to draft another QB or get one in FA. Don't you want to know this now so something could be done before 07, or else it will be 08'. This season is done in terms of playoffs. We play 8 teams in the last 9 games w/ a winning record, and the only team that doesn't have one is Tampa and they won 2 straight. We would need to win 8 of 9 against those teams to have 10 wins. I don't care how much of an optimist you are, if you are watching the same team I am then you know this team is not going to do that. At the end of the year we may end up w/ the hardest schedule in the league this year. Brunell is not the future. Let's get JC ready and find out what he's got.

What does starting Brunell gain us? So far it's gotten us to a 2-5 record. The season is quickly slipping away and we are no further ahead as a team than we were in the preseason. Brunell can't be our QB forever (hell, it's debatable whether you can call what he's doing out there right NOW Quarterbacking). We are gaining absolutely nothing by riding the tired, old horse that is brunell to loss after loss. Put the kid in and lets see what he can do.

He may not have set any records on the wonderlic, but I bet he knows that when it's 3rd and 8 that you have to throw the ball at LEAST 8 yards.

Not now...

I kinda agree- this has been A PAINFUL YEAR so far! Ever since CP going down in the first series in the preseason this team has never looked the same. I dont know if anything can be salvaged out of this year, but if the Skins can shoot for 9-7, they may be able to hope for a wildcard. question is, does a young qb or a washed up qb give you the better chance... I still say the washed up one... who knows... 9-7 is prob a pipedream, and if, and thats a very big if, JC is the future we may be better served in getting him in the picture. :2cents:

I kinda agree- this has been A PAINFUL YEAR so far! Ever since CP going down in the first series in the preseason this team has never looked the same. I dont know if anything can be salvaged out of this year, but if the Skins can shoot for 9-7, they may be able to hope for a wildcard. question is, does a young qb or a washed up qb give you the better chance... I still say the washed up one... who knows... 9-7 is prob a pipedream, and if, and thats a very big if, JC is the future we may be better served in getting him in the picture. :2cents:

Yep.

To me, even if we go 4-12, the season will be a positive one if it turns out to be the year that we figure out Campbell is our future QB.

If that's all that comes out of this season, it would still be a success (from a long-term standpoint).

the whole team is a problem.

only change we can make right now: Jason Campbell

besides, how is the O-Line a disappointment? they are playing just fine.

Um I've always defended the o-line, especially samuels and jansen. But Samuels got killed today. He didn't even look remotely good.

Even IF the washed up QB gives us the best shot at getting a wildcard spot, he sure as hell doesn't stand a chance of taking us anywhere once we GET there. Much like last year, we won in SPITE of Brunell, not because of him. And then where does that leave us? I can't stomach another year with Brunell at the helm. We need to get Cambell in there NOW so this team can gel and we'll be ready to go next year. And to be totally honest with you, from what I've seen, I don't think JC's chances are any worse than Brunell's of leading us to that wildcard slot that looks oh so far away right now.

What worries me is if this turns into another Patrick Ramsey scenario. Where Gibbs finally decides that the season is a bust puts Campbell in as clean up in the final 4 - 5 games and names him starter for next year only to yank him out at the first chance and replace him with Brunell again. For some reason Gibbs has this sick loyalty to Brunell and I wouldn't be suprised to see him hanging around the remainder of Gibbs' tenure. God I hope I'm wrong and we see Campbell vs Dallas.

:2cents:

4 and 12? What a dream. This team will not sniff another win. This defense couldn't stop Ohio St. Here's what I'm worried about. I don't think that anyone in the organization has ANY confidence in Jason Campbell. If you look at his crappy pre-seasons and his college career, I don't know if I blame them. Even on his great teams at Auburn, he was a 20 touchdown, 10 interception guy. I don't think he has that much of an arm. I don't see what all the hype is about him, but I'd gladly watch him get some experience, rather than watch this circus they call football.

Either way, the quarterback position is only 1 small problem. We need 3 cornerbacks. Yes, 2. Rumph, Wright, Jimoh, and Rogers would all be sent packing by now if I could coach this team. I would rather go sign some undrafted free agents and see if I could find a diamond in the ruff. These no talent idiots are a joke.

We have no D line, O line, CB's, and 1 decent linebacker. We are YEARS away from a good team. Oh well, my Sundays are now free.

Archived