Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now for the next thing to be seriously concerned about.

skinnyles

If MB is not benched...then this a wasted thread, and I will start doing things on Sundays, and just listen to the game on the "AM" radio. Sad...But..

My newest fear is that some of the players will start giving up on the season and start worrying about injuries to themselves and not give 100%.

This would obviously put undue pressure on JC and therefore not allow him to show us his true potential.

I feel this is a genuine concern and if JG doesn't address this now we may never get to see what we have in "The Kid".. This has got to start tomorrow!!!

Thoughts!!

I don't think we have that kind of problem. For the most part we have good character guys. They're playing hard, it just isn't getting it done.

I think if we do start JC the WRs will run even better routes and the OL will block even harder to try and make sure the kid doesn't get killed.

If MB is not benched...then this a wasted thread, and I will start doing things on Sundays, and just listen to the game on the "AM" radio. Sad...But..

My newest fear is that some of the players will start giving up on the season and start worrying about injuries to themselves and not give 100%.

This would obviously put undue pressure on JC and therefore not allow him to show us his true potential.

I feel this is a genuine concern and if JG doesn't address this now we may never get to see what we have in "The Kid".. This has got to start tomorrow!!!

Thoughts!!

I swear, I just don't see that as the case. In all the interviews the players speak very highly of him, but you can tell they are being politically correct. There's something more here. You can start to see the glares Brunell is getting on the sidelines. They just don't want to hurt his feelings. Deep down I think the players want JC out there.

The offense is horrible they just seem lost like the first year gibbs was back. Sean Taylor and Washington and Goldston are the only ones I see performing on defense.

What has happened to this team is incredible.

If you had added the word "line" after offense, I would agree. The OL is the main reason for our lack of offensive production. Not the QB, not the RB's, not the WR's. It all starts up front, and they are not getting it done.

I know everyone is calling for Brunell's head at this point and, yes, I'd like to see what Jason Campbell could do with that offense. But, once again, neither Campbell nor Brunell make tackles or rush the passer. There's plenty of blame to go around. Talk to you linebackers, talk to that non-pass-rushing defensive line.

If you had added the word "line" after offense, I would agree. The OL is the main reason for our lack of offensive production. Not the QB, not the RB's, not the WR's. It all starts up front, and they are not getting it done.

I agree. Brunell was not terrible yesterday 27-37 for 226 and 2 TDs, but we only rushed 24 times for 114 yards. Every week the broadcast teams keep showing a stat where Gibbs is 124-20 when the team has over 30 rushes and something like 24-61 when they rush less than 30 times.

The defense once again could not put consistent pressure on Manning nor could the cover or tackle. They looked competitive in the 1st half but came out once again after halftime and were terrible.

Here's a horrible stat we had 263 return yards compared with 226 passing and only 114 rushing.

I know everyone is calling for Brunell's head at this point and, yes, I'd like to see what Jason Campbell could do with that offense. But, once again, neither Campbell nor Brunell make tackles or rush the passer. There's plenty of blame to go around. Talk to you linebackers, talk to that non-pass-rushing defensive line.

That's very true. That is why I'm so against of JC going in at this point simply for the fear of getting another battered Ramsey.

Just wondering.... with how I saw Gibbs yesterday, I really don't think I'm going to see a qb switch over next two weeks. But has it crossed anyones mind that the reason we haven't seen Gibbs make the switch could be a flaw or flaws in JC that they see in practice that we don't get to see rather then his obvious loyalty to Brunell? I'm not talking about small flaws as every qb has them but I'm talking about the major flaws that if put into a game situation can mentally disturb a qb and ruin what could be a good product. Just pointing that out there.

I don't think the players will give up. They really seem to be upset at the losses, unlike a few years ago when you would hear laughter and carrying on in the locker room after a loss.

I think some changes need to be made and not so much on offense as we need some major help on defense and it's so bad, I wouldn't know where to begin.

The only change I would make on offense would be, bench Brunell and start Campbell. the offense needs to work on it's strengths (running game) and deep passes, not the dinks and screens as every team in the league knows that's all we can throw at this moment. We need to be an aggressive offense and with Brunell, that's not going to happen.

Archived