Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tarnishing Gibbs' legacy with the Redskins.

aolforbroadband

Sometimes I wish we had a coach like Denny Green in these sorts of times. It kills me realizing that this is Joe Gibbs coaching this woeful team. Now I read some fans and analysts(pun intended) are throwing him under the bus? This is crazy.

If Gibbs is our "god" essentially...what do we do now that even he can't probably save this season, or more importantly, this franchise?

I love this team more than life itself, but this season's been one humiliating kick in the crotch...

:nutkick:

Sometimes I wish we had a coach like Denny Green in these sorts of times. It kills me realizing that this is Joe Gibbs coaching this woeful team. Now I read some fans and analysts(pun intended) are throwing him under the bus? This is crazy.

If Gibbs is our "god" essentially...what do we do now that even he can't probably save this season, or more importantly, this franchise?

I love this team more than life itself, but this season's been one humiliating kick in the crotch...

:nutkick:

Some of you need to come to terms with the reality that Gibbs is not a 'god' and he isn't infallible. I would love to hear someone ask him what he thinks about this perceived divine status he has been elevated to in the altars of so many.

I will always remember Coach Gibbs for the 3 Super Bowl Titles he helped bring to the Redskins. That is all I am saying on this issue.

redskins_7391000gibbs.jpg

Agreed....without him the Skins don't win those titles. Not to mention a lot of his former players still have a high opinion of him.

I trust Gibbs, but here's the problem. Back when Gibbs one those 3 superbowls, wasn't he more in control.. or maybe he just seems more out of control. For one the league is diff now. 2. We don't know if he even does have enouh clout DURING the game to actually get it together during the times we all remembered him being the coach he was. It certainly dosen't look to be that way.. but that's my opinion.

Gibbs is a great coach, but something just dosen't seem right this time around. Either he's different, I'm different or the NFL in a whole is different. Wait it's all three. Given that we can't compare him to what he was.

look....Gibbs has made some bad decisions...that much is obvious. this season has been an abject disaster....that much is also obvious.

that said.....he is our Joe Gibbs. he is committed to turning things around. I will XXXch & moan every step of the way. but he is hanging in there and so will I. this situation totally stinks....but if it takes 5 years so be it - as long as he doesn't give up and continually strives to improve this team...I'm with him. you must not forget - he is laboring to overcome 12 years of horrendous management. this is a work in progress: for example, this offense will come around. our personnel flows are out of synch and we continue to botch the draft..I ahve this feeling, however, that we are going to find our path to the "right" way sooner rather than later. be angry but be patient is all I can counsel.

I trust Gibbs, but here's the problem. Back when Gibbs one those 3 superbowls, wasn't he more in control.. or maybe he just seems more out of control. For one the league is diff now. 2. We don't know if he even does have enouh clout DURING the game to actually get it together during the times we all remembered him being the coach he was. It certainly dosen't look to be that way.. but that's my opinion.

Gibbs is a great coach, but something just dosen't seem right this time around. Either he's different, I'm different or the NFL in a whole is different. Wait it's all three. Given that we can't compare him to what he was.

He had a solid GM for the majority of his first tenure in Bobby Bethard. He had player continuity in a league without salary caps and limited free agancy.

In today's league, Gibbs is looking a whole lot like Norv Turner.

I will always remember Coach Gibbs for the 3 Super Bowl Titles he helped bring to the Redskins. That is all I am saying on this issue.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Here here! Gibbs is a hell of a coach. I don't think he is the problem in this team...

I would say this post sucks but it makes perfect sense coming from a 19 yr old who has no idea what Gibbs is all about.:doh:

C`mon man... The kid didn`t bash Gibbs. He is asking a very valid question. I think what he is wondering is simply... If Joe Gibbs cant get the Redskins organization straightened out.... Who can?

I have asked myself this same question many, many times.

Richie Petitbon 4-12-0

Norv Turner 32-47-1

Terry Robiskie 1-2-0

Marty Schottenheimer 8-8-0

Steve Spurrier 12-20

The Skins have not faired so well since Gibbs 1.0 ended back in "92"

I think Gibb's needs to take control of the play calling.

Brunell is not the problem...in fact, he is the only bright spot on the team.

Our defense is the WORST in the NFL...I wish we could improve by seasons end to be considered merely a poor defenseive team, because right now we are putrid.

I believe ALL 11 starters should be bencehed for the first series against Dallas.

Our O-line is aweful...Chris Cooley can't block

C`mon man... The kid didn`t bash Gibbs. He is asking a very valid question. I think what he is wondering is simply... If Joe Gibbs cant get the Redskins organization straightened out.... Who can?

I have asked myself this same question many, many times.

Richie Petitbon 4-12-0

Norv Turner 32-47-1

Terry Robiskie 1-2-0

Marty Schottenheimer 8-8-0

Steve Spurrier 12-20

The Skins have not faired so well since Gibbs 1.0 ended back in "92"

I edited my post. I misread what he was saying and apologized.

Me too. I still dont think that his comeback is over with. If we can manage to make the playoffs next year 2 seasons in and 2 seasons out is about what most good teams do. Only a handfull are mainstays in the post season.

The problem imo is lack of a sense of urgency to resolve some very notable problems, along with adressing the need for patience once we do. Now Gibbs is a great coach, but like i said.. he just seems alot different than when i watched him as a kid.

Gibbs is in no way to same atmosphere now then when it was back in the hog days. And just like any of us, some things just click and it brings the best outa of you. You can be in a different situation and it brings the worst or far from your best. In my opinion that's what the problem with Gibbs.

look....Gibbs has made some bad decisions...that much is obvious. this season has been an abject disaster....that much is also obvious.

that said.....he is our Joe Gibbs. he is committed to turning things around. I will XXXch & moan every step of the way. but he is hanging in there and so will I. this situation totally stinks....but if it takes 5 years so be it - as long as he doesn't give up and continually strives to improve this team...I'm with him. you must not forget - he is laboring to overcome 12 years of horrendous management. this is a work in progress: for example, this offense will come around. our personnel flows are out of synch and we continue to botch the draft..I ahve this feeling, however, that we are going to find our path to the "right" way sooner rather than later. be angry but be patient is all I can counsel.

Nice post...Good way to put it.

Good post. I will add that while Gibbs is stubborn in some ways, he wasn't too stubborn to fire himself and hand things over to Al Saunders when it came to the offense. How many coaches would have the humility to make that decision? So I can't imagine him being too stubborn to hire a GM or change the way we acquire personnel next.

Gibbs will be always admired here. That 10-6 team last year probably would have gone 5-11 with most coaches.

Agreed. But Joe Gibbs ain't saving this team this year...THEY SUCK!

Look, BOTTOM LINE: I love this team and Joe Gibbs, but UNTIL this team gets a REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS GENERAL MANAGER. THEY ARE SCREWED!

FS

Archived