Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs May Have No Choice After Tomorrow...

LoudMouth12thMan

It is probably a waste but there is just no way Gibbs brings in Campbell to start in his first start ever against Dallas.

Brunell still probably is the best chance for us to win that game and nobody, especially Gibbs wants to lose to Dallas again. Even if its the last game of the season and we are 2-13 going in. Brunell will start for at least that game, IMO.

I totally disagree, and you don't have any proof that Snyder doesn't advise Gibbs on certain issues. I'm sure he does. This is not a Brunell bashing thread or a thread about starting Campbell. This is about the pressure that may come from a poor performance by Brunell tomorrow. Please don't spin this in a different direction. There are other threads for that. My question is, don't you think that Gibbs will have no choice but to go with Campbell if Brunell has a poor performance? It's not just the fans either, trust me? If you were around D.C., you'd understand that it isn't just the fans.

HTTR!

Ok, first off, you don't have any proof that Snyder DOES advise Gibbs on team matters either. It's your opinion he does, just like its my opinion he doesn't. Secondly, i was in no way trying to "spin" this in to anything else. I answered your question by saying, "I don't think Gibbs will care about any pressure. He's always done things his way, and that isn't about to change". Thirdly, I said "the fans are the one's who CREATED the Brunell/Campbell solution". I never once said they were the ONLY one's saying it. The media has been all over this, and i don't have to be in the D.C. area to understand that. Unless you are an intrical part of the redskins organisation, i'm getting just as much NFL info as you are. We have fox sports and ESPN over here too, and the Internet covers everything else (newspapers included).

I strongly advise you to properly read what people have to say before you respond.

We could win later on today & the fans here would still want to see Brunell ditched for Campbell. It will be this way until it actually happens and then some time after that the redskin fans will turn on Campbell just like how they have on every other quarterback. It is a dark side of this franchise that I'm not happy about.

With that being said, even with me being a Brunell supporter, if we lose tomorrow, regardless of how Mark plays, I will say I'd "understand" the idea of a switch for the basis that this team's season is now finished in most people's eyes. I wouldn't want it but I'd at least accept it and understand the reasoning behind it.

I predict he's gonna have one of those like...10-19 performances, 160 yards and a TD...not horrid enough to bench him, not great enough to win or make an impact on the game.
I'd take that every week as long as we run the ball for 250 yards and 3 scores.

:paranoid:

This is off topic, but what's with the "FREE JROCK" sigs. I see he hasn't posted lately, is he banned?

Back on topic, I "believe" Dan does and will make suggestions, and Joe himself said it's a team/group effort in decisions like this. But I don't believe Dan would try to bully Gibbs into switching QB's, and I don't believe Joe would stand for it either, but he would take Dan's view and all the other Coach's views and make HIS decision based on all these views including his own. He has said many times, and I believe him, that HE makes the final decision on all Football matters. :2cents:

This is off topic, but what's with the "FREE JROCK" sigs. I see he hasn't posted lately, is he banned?

Back on topic, I "believe" Dan does and will make suggestions, and Joe himself said it's a team/group effort in decisions like this. But I don't believe Dan would try to bully Gibbs into switching QB's, and I don't believe Joe would stand for it either, but he would take Dan's view and all the other Coach's views and make HIS decision based on all these views including his own. He has said many times, and I believe him, that HE makes the final decision on all Football matters. :2cents:

I think when Gibbs says that it's a group effort, he means among the coaching staff.

Hey, where's Loudmouth with the proof Snyder is involved in coaching aspects of this team....................

I think when Gibbs says that it's a group effort, he means among the coaching staff.

Hey, where's Loudmouth with the proof Snyder is involved in coaching aspects of this team....................

Do you think it was just the signings of players that Joe said Dan gives his input on? I think I remember Joe stating Dan was involved in some aspect of personnel.

I'm not saying dan is trying to act as a coach, but I believe if he has a view on the QB situation, he'll express it to Joe, but not force it.

Danny is concerned with revenue as well as winning, is he not? If that is the popular belief, then don't you think Snyder would push for Campbell to start so that people will still go to games and spend money on our beloved team? In other words, in the interest of keeping everyone watching/spending money wouldn't the pressure from fans, media, and the front office be too much for Gibbs to ignore? Lets face it, no one wants to continue to watch Brunell if he doesn't play well tomorrow (that includes me...and I've supported him from day 1). With a loss tomorrow we're still in it mathematically (technically :doh: ), but what do you guys/gals think about the pressure on Gibbs to make a change if we lose tomorrow?

I think JG has been under pressure all year about MB & JC. But it appears to be in his hands alone with the advice of his staff.

I have not heard, read, or seen anything about the Dan putting pressure on Gibbs to do anything. We're talking about DC here... The capitol of leaks and rumors, but unlike before Gibbs, the medial has not said or reported anything that Ive seen that would indicate Snyder is pressuring Gibbs about the QB situation or any other. It's in Gibb's hands.

:2cents:

Dude, you missed my point completely. I never said that there wouldn't be a change, I just said that Snyder and the fans will have no influence in it. Gibbs does what he thinks is right, when he thinks it's right.

You say he doesn't have any proof, yet you offer none to support you side of the story, except the words "I'm sure he does". If your so sure, show us the proof, or your point is completely unvalid.

My belief is that an owner has control over his organization. I think that history has shown how involved he is in situations like this. If in fact if we lose today and Brunell plays poorly, I find it hard to believe that Snyder won't be involved in making some changes. My only support for this argument Pete is history. I realize the respect that Snyder has for Gibbs, but based on what I know about him, I think that he will be in Gibbs ear this week if Brunell plays poorly. "I'm sure he does..." is a hunch based on Snyder's history as an intolerant owner. I think that's enough support for this particular argument, but I see the other side as well. Calm Pete, calm... ;)

HTTR!

I think JG has been under pressure all year about MB & JC. But it appears to be in his hands alone with the advice of his staff.

I have not heard, read, or seen anything about the Dan putting pressure on Gibbs to do anything. We're talking about DC here... The capitol of leaks and rumors, but unlike before Gibbs, the medial has not said or reported anything that Ive seen that would indicate Snyder is pressuring Gibbs about the QB situation or any other. It's in Gibb's hands.

:2cents:

Agreed, I haven't heard this issue talked about which is why I brought it up. I've heard B-Mitch, Czabe, and some ESPN guys talking a little bit about "what if Mark doesn't do well Sunday..." and it just got me thinking about it. My belief is that if Mark doesn't play well that it may be hard for Gibbs to support the reason behind keeping him in as a starer. I hope Mark plays lights out, and most importantly I hope we win. :point2sky

HTTR!

I never said that Pete, I said that I'm sure he's involved in the decisions. I didn't mean that Snyder is involved in the coaching decisions, but I do believe he's involved in decisions when things go South. He's been involved every time that happens so far.

My take on the situation is at what point do we start looking at our future? Brunell is and was a stop gap solution. The best solution could be to go with Campbell after the bye week no matter the result to see if he can ignite a spark. Sometimes a change gets the line fired up, receivers, etc. It would also get him the experience needed so there isnt a rough transition in the future. I believe this becomes even more of a reality if we lose or if we win with Brunell playing inconsistent.

Archived