Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else get the feeling that Freeney is going to abuse Samuels during the game?

refuze

Freeney is an underrated defensive end. The guy was knocking down and getting passed by Jonathan Ogden (possibly the best offensive tackle in the NFL) easily the passed few years. I think Samuels is going to have a long day ahead of him on Sunday. :doh:

Freeney is an underrated defensive end. The guy was knocking down and getting passed by Jonathan Ogden (possibly the best offensive tackle in the NFL) easily the passed few years. I think Samuels is going to have a long day ahead of him on Sunday. :doh:

Open up the lanes for Freeney on Brunell -- give him 1 good hit and this will save our season. We tried this last week on Frost.

Isn't Freeney commonly said to be one of the best defensive ends in the league?

Looking at his stats this year, he hasn't been playing that great it seems.

Open up the lanes for Freeney on Brunell -- give him 1 good hit and this will save our season. We tried this last week on Frost.

that's ****ed up but funny at the same time...I dont know whether to laugh or not.

I also dont know why everyone thinks Samuels sucks so bad. KC Joyner had Chris Samuels and Derrick Dockery as the best blocking left side in the entire league. I think he gets a bad rep.

If Brunell doesn't take a 10 step drop, and steps up, Chris should be able to guide him past Mark.

What Pete said. Samuels has been much better than some folks give him credit for.

Even the sacks he gave up during the Chiefs game last year everyone points to were a result of Brunell's 10 step drop, a bad chip, and Rabach giving away the snap on the silent count.

The primary reason the slip screen was so good last year (aside from Santana), is that Samuels is amazingly agile for a LT. There's a reason not many other teams can run it and why the Redskins biggest success comes from running to their left.

Not this year, see my post above.

I just checked on NFL.com, Freeney has 5 tackles and ZERO sacks this year.

the reason he has so little production is we have been without a good DT in the middle to take up blockers. He is usually triple teamed and since the middle is wide open he has just been geting pushed right out of the play.

Hopefully signing Booger has fixed that and we can see the old Freeney again.

Also he has been hurt the whole season.

This season looks like he has been dominated but there is more to the story

I don't know about this year, but for previous years, does anyone know where to get stats like hurries, knock-downs, etc.? Remember, it's not all about sacks.

I don't know where to find that information, but really, it's not like he didn't get the sacks. 10+ sacks a season leads me to believe he pressured QBs a lot.

Archived