Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Gibbs is *right*

dexter's manley

when he says that EVERY part of the team is underperforming. The defense has been consistently awful, while the offense has just been inconsistent. Brunell certainly hasn't been lights out in all the games, but until the defense plays really well (seems like that's not going to happen this season) AND Brunell has a really bad game, the Boonell crowd has no case.

It's a sad state of affairs right now

My response in two parts:

1. Both sides of the ball are underperforming.

2. You can't bench the defense.

You can bench a few players thou....Highway 99 comes to mind as well as Warrick Holdman. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Posey, Rocky and Wynn in place of those two.

I've been pretty quiet lately, because I've been so irritated with the Skins performance this year. It's been quite disheartening up to this point.

Truth is, the whole team from top to bottom seems to lack chemistry, and a sense of direction. So far, this is most definately NOT the Washington Redskins I was expecting in 2006. I haven't given up on the season, but I think we need to see something from the Skins this weekend. Brunell has been part of the problem, but he isn't the only problem with this team. Injuries on defense, and the back-ups not picking up the slack have been the biggest reason we have a losing record. The last couple years, if we had the offense scoring 2 or 3 touchdowns a game we would be tearing it up. This year, you could run a Mack Truck through the holes in our defense.

when he says that EVERY part of the team is underperforming. The defense has been consistently awful' date=' while the offense has just been inconsistent. Brunell certainly hasn't been lights out in all the games, but until the defense plays really well (seems like that's not going to happen this season) AND Brunell has a really bad game, the Boonell crowd has no case.

It's a sad state of affairs right now[/quote']

No case, even when the opposing team can be heard thanking our quarterback for his performance?

Gibbs is right in that it's not just Brunell. Brunell at this point is a QB that can function when everyone around him is playing well. When the running game faulters or the defense falters it puts more pressure on him then he can handle. So Gibbs is right hat Brunells performance mirrors the team. I think what the Redskins have been missing for quite some time is a QB that can pull a game from the fire when everything else around him is faultering. Brunell is not that guy...

when he says that EVERY part of the team is underperforming. The defense has been consistently awful' date=' while the offense has just been inconsistent. Brunell certainly hasn't been lights out in all the games, but until the defense plays really well (seems like that's not going to happen this season) AND Brunell has a really bad game, the Boonell crowd has no case.

It's a sad state of affairs right now[/quote']

Nope.................Nope.................Nope..................

Because you aren't getting your way? Coach Gibbs is such a professional, um hum........................yes, quite the professional.

You've got four major changes to the Defense in Carter, Holdman, Archuleta and Springs being out. In addition, it appears to me that Lemar Marshall is simply not playing as well as he did last year. All of that has been too much to overcome up to this point.

I'd almost prefer Daniels back at RDE and Wynn back at LDE and throwing in Posey in there in place of Holdman. Not sure what to do about Arch but he's a liabilty in coverage thus far.

No doubt about it though, the Defense is underachieving terribly and the Offense is terribly inconsistant. The problem is that I expected that from the Offense.

Archived