Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Reason to Hate Mark Schlereth

Bhutanibeast

Look at this idiot. Man i cant believe he was a redskin at one time. Look what he says about Jacksonville "running all over us." I mean, i would love to work for ESPN and just talk about football all day. Thats his damn job and he cant even do it right. I have to go to school and deal with practice and parents, i still know more than this dumb***. Why does he work for ESPN.

3. What's wrong with the Redskins?

Schlereth: I think right now the biggest issue has been inconsistency in running the ball and stopping the run. Tennessee put it on them running the football and so did the Jaguars. When the Redskins are shutting down the run they can be very good, especially with all the different looks they can give teams. But they can't be an effective defense without stopping the run. They also need someone to start getting a big-time rush on the quarterback.

Here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2627326&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos1

The Jags reference was off base (33 yards I believe is not "running all over") but he's not wrong. Defense bites balls right now and its b/c GW's defense starts at CB. CB can cover and tackle then you can blitz. If you blitz and the runner gets away the CB must tackle. If its a pass, the CB must cover man2man.

Buddy Ryan defenses are predicated on the ability to blitz, don't kid yourself.

Sure schlereth made an error....but what do you want from him, a complement? We are a mediocre team at this point and he was right on other than that error. schlereth was a redskin and a good one at that, to call him and idiot is irresponsible....hes doing his job

Archived