Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Indy the Answer???

#98QBKiller

After watching Joe Gibbs suffer from a chronic case of stating the obvious during yesterday's post-game conference, I switched to the next video on redskins.com and watched the interviews with Brunell, Moss and Daniels concerning yesterday's game. These guys look pissed and they damn well should be. No one made excuses. Brunell admitted to throwing a ****ty throw at the end of the game, Moss didn't make excuses for dropping balls and Phillip Daniels sounded ready to squeeze someone like a snake and swallow them whole.

These guys look as if a fire has genuinely been lit under their asses and they'd better show it on the field this coming week.

This is a long shot, but a win in Indy going into the bye week could be just what the doctor ordered. You may think to yourself "No ****, we need a win against anyone right now." and you're right. A win is a win at this point in the season, but do you think pulling off a HUGE upset and giving Indianapolis their first loss of the year (at home nevertheless) could resurrect our season and salvage our team?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this is the way things are going to be, but it's possible. Tennessee went into the RCA Dome and nearly upset Peyton Manning and the boys last week, holding them until the 4th quarter. I mean, Indy only put up 14 points against this team at home...we put up 22.

Could we pull a game similar to that of the Steeler's last year in the playoffs and come out with a few quick strikes against the Colts only to follow up with a strong D (this is the key) and a ball-control type of running attack that absolutely devours the clock?

I think we're starting to become desperate, and desperate times call for desperate measures. I think a fire's been lit under our guy's asses and if they can respond with a W next week, then we head into our bye with a big victory, some confidence, a week to rest and get Troy Vincent prepared, and low and behold we have Dallas @ FedEx the following week, what better team to make an example out of and get our club back at .500 and into the race again???

Call me a fool if you want, but **** it. Hope is all we have left at this point. Remember last year when we were done at 5-6? We blew up a five game winning streak and advanced to the playoffs....this is what makes the NFL great, you just never know...

Nothing would surprise me now. Throwing up 36 on Jax surprised me, crapping the bed against the 0-5 Titans surprised me, but from now on I don't think I'll be surprised by the result of any game. This team is capable of playing a great game (offensively at least) when they get everything going, but at least 66% of the time they don't get everything going. So who even knows.

I assumed we were going to win yesterday and then thought the Colts game was probably going to be the one which would chart our course for the rest of the season.

Now I'm dubious. Anything can happen, but this team has shown very little in the first six games to suggest that this season will turn around to the point where the Redskins will be strong playoff contenders. Even if we beat Indy, what will it really show?

Yes, a dominating performance in Indy could ressurect this team. And yes, anything can happen in the NFL. However, as a realist, I refuse to ignore the hand in front of my face. All things are possible, but after 6 weeks of returns, what has this team shown you that would indicate they are capable of doing what you suggest??

Man, I hope they waltz into Indy and KILL The Colts. I really do. I hope this is all a huge wake up call and they go 12-4. I hope, I hope, I hope.

But, if there was literally gun to your head, what would be your honest opinion of the game against Indy??

We DO have the talent to beat the Colts...we also have the lack of intensity to lose to ANY team, ANY day, ANYwhere.

We have to blitz every down! Period! Yes, we will get beat for some long TDs by doing this, but we will also be forcing THEIR hand every single play. We will probably cause some turnovers in doing so.

On offense, we WILL have to go for it on 4th down at least once...and make it!

If ever there was a game for an ARE reverse, passing the ball downfield to Moss or Lloyde, this is it!

The Titans converted on 2 of 3 onside kicks against the Colts last week...just a thought...

I was watching Oakland/Denver last night. Lamont Jordan fumble with about 5 minutes left and the Raiders in scoring position. It was still 13-3 and a FG gets them within 1 score.

They showed him on the sidelines pounding his fists into the ground, then shaking his fists in a towel (looked like he was have a seizurez) and then later on the bench he was shaking his head and continued to curse.

The point of this? I just wish the hell the Redskins would show half of Jordan's emotion. Then maybe we might not be so hard on them this year. Jordan showed me he cared about his team, his performance and the outcome. He didn't care at that point whether or not he would get his paycheck or not.

We have a bunch of Randy Mosses out there running at half speed. I hope you guys are right about Daniels. First sign of life out of anybody on this team. Maybe Daniels will get Jordan pissed and get on the rest of the D. We need someone on offense to get them fired up also.

Where?
Dude you act is going to get old real quick. Yes we understand everyone on this team sucks according to you. But some of us still see the same team that beat jacksonville and until we lose to the colts on sunday we can believe that this could be the spark to get us going, if not then yes everyone on the redskins sucks and the future should begin.

Dude you act is going to get old real quick. Yes we understand everyone on this team sucks according to you. But some of us still see the same team that beat jacksonville and until we lose to the colts on sunday we can believe that this could be the spark to get us going, if not then yes everyone on the redskins sucks and the future should begin.

Your delusional. If we had good players we would be winning. The formula for success in the NFL is not as complicated as some of us think.

I was watching Oakland/Denver last night. Lamont Jordan fumble with about 5 minutes left and the Raiders in scoring position. It was still 13-3 and a FG gets them within 1 score.

They showed him on the sidelines pounding his fists into the ground, then shaking his fists in a towel (looked like he was have a seizurez) and then later on the bench he was shaking his head and continued to curse.

The point of this? I just wish the hell the Redskins would show half of Jordan's emotion. Then maybe we might not be so hard on them this year. Jordan showed me he cared about his team, his performance and the outcome. He didn't care at that point whether or not he would get his paycheck or not.

We have a bunch of Randy Mosses out there running at half speed. I hope you guys are right about Daniels. First sign of life out of anybody on this team. Maybe Daniels will get Jordan pissed and get on the rest of the D. We need someone on offense to get them fired up also.

That's what I'm talking about. We have all the tools, we just need the fire. We need guys to get hungry on the field and play every down with intensity. It may be easier said than done, but it works. Intensity separates average from good and good from great. Daniels sounds pissed, and I hope the rest of the team follows.

Archived