Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rodgers is Useless

MRGIBBS

Did anyone else here that he broke his finger. Bram said it on the post game show that he broke it early in the first or second quarter.

Anyone else think its funny that no one gives a crap? Seriously, does anyone even know if it will keep him out or how long?

I think Rogers will make a good #2 in the future. The Skins lack of pass rush over the years has finally caught up with them. They haven't had pure pass rushers since Manley and Mann but they could make up for it because they had corners who could man up. Champ and Smoot used to hold their own despite a lack of pass rush. When Williams brings a blitz and they don't get there it really exposes the secondary big time.

I swore I saw people around here saying he was great last year. Maybe I was hallucinating? I think the dude is just going through the Sophomore Slump. I do wish he would catch a freakin' interception though, maybe he needs the QB to just walk up and hand it to him or something.

I agree

I am so diasppointed in Rodgers he stinks. Our corners play 8 to 10 yards off every WR. You line up in a WR face beat him up for the 5 yrds you are allowed then run with him. 2 things happen you intimidate him and you disrupt the timing between the WR and the QB, ADVANTAGE DEFENSE. Frustrating to watch the defense play they can't rush the passer, they can't cover the WR, THEY STINK. THEY DO GIVE UP 80 YARD DRIVES TO 0-5 teams

I swore I saw people around here saying he was great last year. Maybe I was hallucinating? I think the dude is just going through the Sophomore Slump. I do wish he would catch a freakin' interception though, maybe he needs the QB to just walk up and hand it to him or something.

He was good last year IMO, and I was definitely sipping the Rogers sizzurup. I'm starting to change my mind.

Carlos is about as usefull as boobs on a nun or an ejection seat in a helicopter! However if any opponent WR needs confindence, come play the DEADSKINS and pair up with Carlos. That bumb will make a career 4th stringer look like an all pro. That dude can't catch a interception to save the earth! Can't look back for the ball like he is new to the secondary and plainly takes bad angles when attempting to tackle.

To me he is either on drugs or getting the best sex ever! I swear I never thought I would say this but START ADE JIMOH, atleast he can catch.

Carlos is about as usefull as boobs on a nun or an ejection seat in a helicopter! However if any opponent WR needs confindence, come play the DEADSKINS and pair up with Carlos. That bumb will make a career 4th stringer look like an all pro. That dude can't catch a interception to save the earth! Can't look back for the ball like he is new to the secondary and plainly takes bad angles when attempting to tackle.

To me he is either on drugs or getting the best sex ever! I swear I never thought I would say this but START ADE JIMOH, atleast he can catch.

Wow dude. That is really bad but honestly I am with you. Something just has to give. We are definitely at rock bottow IMO. It can't get much worse. On second thought, we can get blown out by the Colts and then lose to Dallas at home. :doh: Damn, what in the hell do that fans have to look forward to? Sheesh!

I've been on this board for almost six years now and everytime around draft day and the beginning of the free agency period I've heard people BEG to finally address our consistent lack of pass rush from our front four.

Take a look around the league, the teams that can generate conistent pressure without overcomitting defenders are usually the ones that lead the league in takeaways and interceptions.

When this defense played well under Williams it was usually because our defensive line was dominating. It didn't happen very often, but when it did it was a thing of beauty. Since Williams first season our ability to cover has consistenly gotten worse. Coincidentally our number of sacks has declined during the same period as has our number of takeaways.

Teams have figured out our tendencies and fully understand what we are trying to accomplish on defense now. We see a lot of max protect and our inability win matchups up front on obvious passing downs leaves our corners and safeties left out hung to dry.

You can pin this mess on Rogers, Rumph, Wright, Taylor and whoever else you want to, but until we start addressing our needs upfront this defense isn't going to dominate again.

If Carlos RogersSuck holds Wayne or Harrison under 100 yds next week, I will personally blow everyone on this board.

I for one will PASS on that

I have not Rogers him do much. however he is likely the lesser of 2 evils and Gibbs will stick with him because of this.

I just cant believe we would pay others so much money and let Champ go. Maybe he wasn't a Green (my favorite Redskin of the past) but he is VERY GOOD.

I just received my Carlos Rogers Defense-O-Matic in the mail. The label on the front of the box says "I execute!" So far it's been true because it has killed one of my canaries, a hamster, and has gone after my cat. The robot made one fatal mistake though..... it gave the cat 15 yards of cushion and then tried to bump him but the cat gave it a wicked stiff arm and that was all she wrote.

ugh, ROGERS, it's spelled ROGERS

you know how ignorant you look when you can't even spell the player's name you're calling out?

Give the guy a break. People misspell stuff on here all of the time. Despite the misspelling, you know what he is talking about. Why be a ******* about it? The fact still remains that Rogers is no Champ. As much as I like Rogers, he is not doing well right now and I agree that is because we are losing the battle on the line. :doh: Plus the fact that he gives a 10 yard cushion to 3rd stringers is unreal. :mad:

Archived