Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rodgers is Useless

MRGIBBS

he's looked very, very bad so far, but i can't pass judgement on him just because the whole defense has been so bad. he showed glimpses of promise last year, so i'm hoping this year is an abberation. the one thing i do want to point out is this guy can't catch a cold. as a cb, he needs to work on being able to snatch the ball outta the air a lot better. looks like this year has gone to hell, so i hope we put rocky in and we see improvement from the young guys on defense like rogers, golston, and montgomery. whatever

Did anyone else here that he broke his finger. Bram said it on the post game show that he broke it early in the first or second quarter.
So what! Dude couldn't catch an INT if he had 4 freakin hands!! He is definately the reason the excuse of "That's why he isn't a receiver" was made.

Doc made a point on this on the show this morning. He stated that Carlos was GREAT at Auburn, but Auburn plays in a zone. He is fundamentally a zone corner. We drafted because of supposed need with Carlos, but ended up with neither a replacement for Smoot, nor a run/pass stopping LB (Merriman).

He suffers with recognition of the pass (QB), reaction to the ball in the air, and with the ability to keep receivers from making the catch. He needs a lot of work with his open field tackling as well.

Carlos is also not tactical in his approach. On 3rd and two from the 6, he is giving a 10 yard cushion to the receiver, then misses the initial tackle giving the opponent first and goal. There is a glimmer of hope in all of this. I saw a veteran (24)immediately get in his face about it. That lone expression from Springs gives me hope for Carlos and for the D.

The test will come this weekend. :helmet:

:cheers: here's to THE MAN bringing us back from the brink.

Give the guy a break. People misspell stuff on here all of the time. Despite the misspelling, you know what he is talking about. Why be a ******* about it? The fact still remains that Rogers is no Champ. As much as I like Rogers, he is not doing well right now and I agree that is because we are losing the battle on the line. :doh: Plus the fact that he gives a 10 yard cushion to 3rd stringers is unreal. :mad:

because I expect more out of Redskin Nation, I expect ignorance from Giants fans, not Skins fans

Doc says Carlos' game is short and intermediate routes, that's he money on those, especially in run defense

Doc also said he's more of a zone corner than a man coverage corner, and he's still learning that part of his game

I'm not giving up on Rogers yet

He broke his hand and he had a sack late in the game last night and he along with the rest of the D are not playing with any kind of swagger or plan they look lost when people just don't bend over for them.

Now that said i think Rogers will be just fine it is hard to play the pass when you also have to mop up the running game.

What gets me is the same people calling out Rogers are the same ones clamering for us to rebuild through the draft but Rogers is a product of our drafts where as possibly the stand out guys on our team who people get behind are Portis, Springs, Moss and Washington all FA or trades...hmmm

Now that said i think Rogers will be just fine it is hard to play the pass when you also have to mop up the running game.

Other than his problem defending pass plays, catching interceptions, and tackling ball carriers I agree he'll be fine.

He won't be fine playing football for the Redskins, but financially he'll be just fine.

ugh, ROGERS, it's spelled ROGERS

you know how ignorant you look when you can't even spell the player's name you're calling out?

Uhm, maybe about as ignorant as Carlo's has looked since the interception he dropped in Seattle last year? Or how about as ignorant as the defense has looked this ENTIRE YEAR. I don't know but why not tell us all? :notworthy

because I expect more out of Redskin Nation, I expect ignorance from Giants fans, not Skins fans

Doc says Carlos' game is short and intermediate routes, that's he money on those, especially in run defense

Doc also said he's more of a zone corner than a man coverage corner, and he's still learning that part of his game

I'm not giving up on Rogers yet

Agreed. But let me tell you about Redskins fans, they were booing their own team yesterday. I could have been sick when Gibbs decided to punt instead of attempting the 52 yard field goal and peolpe began to boo. :mad:

No pun intended to you GFunk. I was just pointing out that our team being bad is a bigger problem then spelling. That was me just giving you a hard time.

He broke his hand and he had a sack late in the game last night and he along with the rest of the D are not playing with any kind of swagger or plan they look lost when people just don't bend over for them.

What gets me is the same people calling out Rogers are the same ones clamering for us to rebuild through the draft but Rogers is a product of our drafts where as possibly the stand out guys on our team who people get behind are Portis, Springs, Moss and Washington all FA or trades...hmmm

Let's just face it, it's will take 5 - 7 years to totally undo what this front office and "coaching" staff has done. Let's just face it that Joe Gibbs can't be a head coach and someone in the front office. Shotty couldn't do it!, Holmgren can't do it and neither can Gibbs. Let's just face it that this team has so many blaring problems nothing will be righted this season, or the next or the next. Why can't we all come to terms that we are stuck with this team that is still able to call themselves Washington Redskins. This team sucks and I don't know or care about you all but I find myself purposely rooting for all other teams and FOR ME, watching this sorry excuse for a team dress up and "play" reminds me of a real life Bad News Bears :laugh: The offensive line can't block because they appear to know that Brunell sucks, I am almost ready to take a second mortgage out just to pay one of them to seriously allow a 370 pound defensive tackle to do what Joe Gibbs is unable to do, GET THAT #8 out of the starting lineup. Joe Gibbs for crying out loud, bench Brunell and start Campbell HE CANNOT AND PROBABLY WILL NOT BE AS SAD AND BAD AS YOUR CHOSEN WAS HAS BEEN!

Okay Marky you got 1 more record to add to your list OF NEVER HAVING A SUPERBOWL RING, take the completion record, your wife, kids and in laws and get the stepping out of DC, go back to Jacksonville and retire you sorry piece of malignant flesh!

Earth to Al Saunders, are you becoming just like all the over priced underachieved players here? Just came in to get a few PHAT paychecks. Last I heard, you ran the offense at least till and IF they get to the 35 yard line. Since you are Assistant Head Coach can't you start Todd Collins even if Jason is as far away as you and Gibbs would like us all to believe? Or hey let's start this new rumor now, Jason Campbell is just as stupid as LaVar Arrington and will never read a defense, will never provide a spark this team and thier coaches are also unable to give! :silly:

Maybe since we all hear what AWESOME practices they have and there is never any media allowed maybe we should allow the team to play in practice gear, maybe the entire team is just as stupid as LaVar and won't know the difference between a practice and a real game and maybe they will play like what I have been hearing and reading about, A REAL TEAM :2cents:

While I think it's too early to give up on Rogers I often think that he has the tools to be a much better FS than a CB in this league. He's a big hitter, has pretty good play recognition and is also a sure tackler.

With him at FS we could move Taylor to SS and have a player at the LOS that can actually cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield.

He's not useless. He's always there to make the play, he just doesn't make it. Still, he rarely gets burned. He'll come into form, it's just going to take longer than it should for a first round pick to get there.

Yes for a 1st round pick Carlos Rogers is about as useful as a one legged man in a ass kicking contest!

Tell you all what, let's sign Troy Vincent, start him with Springs, put Carlos in as the nickle.

That will fix everything huh?

Yes for a 1st round pick Carlos Rogers is about as useful as a one legged man in a ass kicking contest!

Tell you all what, let's sign Troy Vincent, start him with Springs, put Carlos in as the nickle.

That will fix everything huh?

ashame that if we did this..............the two oldest CB's in the NFL and it is a UPGRADE

Get off his back! Rogers is going to be sweet. Damn you all overreact to the craziest stuff. I can't wait till he has that breakout game then you all will say he's so great.... Give me a break!

1 breakout game will not make up for:

-multiple blown coverages

-close to poor tackling

-giving his receivers 2-3 yards to work with

-not turning/adjusting/throwing his arms up

-dancing when he made NO play

-not hustling when someone beats him

The only thing I've seen him do really well this year is light people up like Sean Taylor.

Call it a sophmore slump or call it whatever you want, he isn't good this year.

I still think he might be good one day, but based on his performance this year....he's no shutdown corner.

:2cents:

Archived