Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stationed in Japan & AFN not showing game

Fletch1

Damn AFRTS used to do that constantly in the 70's get you pumped on Redskins football then show you something else when you got into it. We used to have friends tape it and mail it to us, 3 week old games but would get a good showing, the poor VHS tape would be worn out by the time it was done.

AFN only shows the most "interesting" games each week.

The first two weeks, we played Monday and Sunday nights, which are always shown. Houston wasn't actually shown until after the game had aired (at least, in Iraq).

The Jackonsville game was shown because it was an afternoon game, and I figure mostly because it was the Jaguars more than that it was the Redskins.

The Giants game was shown because the other games on sucked and this was a divisional matchup.

No one wants to watch a 2-3 team host an 0-5 team, except for the fans of those teams.

Well here in lovely Iwakuni, Japan we have "high-speed" wireless that REALLY sucks, so I'll have to check the bandwidth.

Thanks for all of the info fellow Skins fans. Even though the game comes on at 2:00 am and I'll be on here if all else fails listening to triple x and surfing the game thread. HTTR

Maybe I will get lucky and they will replay it from NFL Network sometime later in the week.

Crazy, we have the f'n golf channel and the Soundtrack channel where they play music videos from movies, but not NFL network.

Understand they do the best they can, maybe if we were winning they would show the games more often. C'mon Skins!

You can also watch the game tracker on NFL.com. That's what I've had to do the past couple of weeks. I watch the game tracker and listen to xxxespnradio. I'll be doing the same thing this week, because we're getting Houston at Dallas on TV here.

The only negative about the game tracker/radio stream combo is that the game tracker is usually one play ahead of the radio stream.

It still works out, because the game tracker doesn't give a whole lot of info about each play, so listening to the radio stream fills in the missing details.

You can also watch the game tracker on NFL.com. That's what I've had to do the past couple of weeks. I watch the game tracker and listen to xxxespnradio. I'll be doing the same thing this week, because we're getting Houston at Dallas on TV here.

Here, as in Olympia, WA? No sports bars there?

Here, as in Olympia, WA? No sports bars there?

There's ONE.

I haven't been there yet (only lived here since April), but Jumbo says it's adequate, though nothing special.

As it is, I catch more of the game by doing the Internet thing than I would if I went to the sports bar. Church lets out about halftime, and it's about five minutes back to my house, versus probably at least 20 to get to the sports bar.

There's ONE.

I haven't been there yet (only lived here since April), but Jumbo says it's adequate, though nothing special.

As it is, I catch more of the game by doing the Internet thing than I would if I went to the sports bar. Church lets out about halftime, and it's about five minutes back to my house, versus probably at least 20 to get to the sports bar.

Gotcha. Matter of priorities than. Redskins are my Sunday ritual. To each his own. The Colts game is the only afternoon game left (besides the night Giants game). You could make that. Just a heads up.....

Archived