Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington DC.

Sherlock Holmes

Problem is, there are SO MANY restaurants that it's impossible to pick one. Chinatown doesn't definitively have the best restaurants. I know the Mongolian BBQ place you're talking about, and to be honest, I wasn't very impressed, although I haven't been there in over a year (about 2 blocks from Verizon Center). Also, stay away from the Mexican restaurant directly across from the main entrance of Verizon Center (forgot the name). WAY overpriced, and honestly not that great. Hmmm, I guess I'm not much help, huh? :)

As for sights, just please make sure you see the Natural History Museum. I think it's one of the best museums in the country, if not the best. You'll be near the Spy Museum (which I personally dislike), but a lot of people seem to love it. If you decide to go, make sure that you get tickets the day before or early on. It tends to sell out.

Problem is, there are SO MANY restaurants that it's impossible to pick one. Chinatown doesn't definitively have the best restaurants. I know the Mongolian BBQ place you're talking about, and to be honest, I wasn't very impressed, although I haven't been there in over a year (about 2 blocks from Verizon Center). Also, stay away from the Mexican restaurant directly across from the main entrance of Verizon Center (forgot the name). WAY overpriced, and honestly not that great. Hmmm, I guess I'm not much help, huh? :)

As for sights, just please make sure you see the Natural History Museum. I think it's one of the best museums in the country, if not the best. You'll be near the Spy Museum (which I personally dislike), but a lot of people seem to love it. If you decide to go, make sure that you get tickets the day before or early on. It tends to sell out.

I'd vote in favor of the Mongolian Barbecue, and I'd also recommend the Air and Space Museum.

I worked at Mongolian BBQ in Bethesda for a year and a half.

It's got great food but it CAN be "hit or miss." It VERY MUCH depends on who is grilling the food that night. Newbies and dumb college kids that have never cooked before can be grilling the food and will hand it back to you with burns, half the food you originally gave to them, or foreign foods you didn't want in your stir fry. Weekends are usually PACKED, I'm talkin sometimes a 2 hour wait. There are so many reservations and people will leave, shop, and come back 2 hours later.

Expect to wait in another line for your food to be cooked, even though there aren't ALWAYS lines. On the weekends, patience is important. Expect to wait in the line for at least 10 minutes to get your food cooked.

The food is great if it is cooked right. I mean TASTY! Remember there are tortilla rolls to wrap it up in! Which is making my mouth water just typing about it!

There is simply too much to do... Air & Space museum was always my fav though...

Anywhere you eat should be fairly decent, the restaurant business is a competitive one and the crappy restaurants don't last. Just ask to take a look at the menu and make sure it's crowded. :)

Archived