Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Novak A Redskin !

philjr73

When healthy Hall is probably better than Novak.

Umm, just when is that?? After his first season here, it's been few and far between.

Two things about this move I like:

1) He's a young kicker= has upside.

2) At least the staff has some familiarity with him

Let's see what happens? He may turn out to be a good kicker like another young kicker we gave up on and cut some years ago......David Akers.

I like Novak. Especially in comparison to Hall. This is an improvement, if only that I don't need to take a piss break when theres a 40+ yard field goal anymore.

hall has made 9/11 field goals this year... thats not exactly horrible. The only problem I had with hall was that he couldnt get the ball past the 10 on kickoffs

I still don't think Novak is very good. What he did at MD means nothing in the NFL and overall he's unproven. Do any of you actually trust this guy having to make a 47 yard kick with the game on the line? It would probably just get blocked.

Do you trust Hall or Frost(the only other kicker we have) to make a 47 yard kick with the game on the line?

Now all we can hope for is QB tryouts and find a replacement for Boo[nell!!
I couldn't agree more. And I think it is pronounced Boo-smell.:doh:

Must you hate on this man in every thread. There are only about 100 more that you can discuss this in. :doh:

I don't understand all the Novak hate. In his short time with us, he won us 2 games, has shown poise under pressure and has proven he is not afraid to hit. As a 2nd year kicker, there is a greater probability that his best years are ahead and his skills and strength can still be coached up a bit. Even healthy, Hall did not have that kind of upside. Yes, Hall is not afraid to lay into the returner, but considering the cost of losing your kicker to injury, maybe a hitting kicker is not such a good idea.

If Novak turns out to be good, we should play him without shoulder pads and tell him to run for the sideline right after he kicks.

I don't understand all the Novak hate.

Well, because he's an ex-Terp, some of the locals got a hard on for him, which is annoying. Also, the two he missed were blocked.

BTW, he won one game for us and lost another (since the difference was the fieldgoal he missed in Denver.)

Hall was at least money inside the 40. Novak better be at least that.

So, what is Hall's status? Cut? IR? Someone else cut?

Jason

I'm too lazy to go back and check to see who said what but it would be funny for me atleast to see how many of the "Gibbs can do no wrong" crowd are in love with Novak.

Being that keeping Hall over Novak would be a Gibbs decision.

This is a non issue as far as i'm concerned, we are trading another average kicker for another average kicker.

When healthy Hall is probably better than Novak.

None of us are going to be busting with confidence when we need Novak to kick anything beyond 40 yards in a key situation, no matter how much you love him.

Ofcourse not, but we arent with Hall either. Look, enough of the pessimism. We're no worse with Novak. If he works out, he could kick for us for the next ten years or more. Give him a chance before you blast him.

Well, because he's an ex-Terp, some of the locals got a hard on for him, which is annoying. Also, the two he missed were blocked.

BTW, he won one game for us and lost another (since the difference was the fieldgoal he missed in Denver.)

Hall was at least money inside the 40. Novak better be at least that.

So, what is Hall's status? Cut? IR? Someone else cut?

Jason

Novak won the Dallas game with a tackle, Seattle with a kick. Hall is no longer money inside the 40. He can't kickoff either. When the game is on the line, it's at least nice to have a shot at a 50yder, not to mention all the decent field position we gain with a decent kickoff.

Novak won the Dallas game with a tackle, Seattle with a kick. Hall is no longer money inside the 40. He can't kickoff either. When the game is on the line, it's at least nice to have a shot at a 50yder, not to mention all the decent field position we gain with a decent kickoff.

I'm behind Novak 100%, but he couldn't kick off for squat last year. I hope he's improved on that. A lot.

Hall is no longer money inside the 40.

Says who? He's been 100% for the past three years

When the game is on the line, it's at least nice to have a shot at a 50yder, not to mention all the decent field position we gain with a decent kickoff.

As said above, Novak's kickoffs weren't any better than Hall's last year, and we have no idea if he can kick a 50 yarder in the NFL, since so far he hasn't been asked to.

Fact is, Novak is one big, fat, unknown right now.

Jason

Archived