Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Jekyll and Hyde offense...

Spaceman Spiff

...is freaking killing me.

I don't get it. And there's no real reason for it.

I'm going to go ahead and accept the fact that the defense will take another slide this year like it did last year. Arch was a mistake, you don't get a safety because they can blitz. If they can blitz its an added bonus, but the definition of a safety isn't a ****ing blitzer. But I digress...

After dismantling the Texans and shredding the Jacksonville defense, there's no reason why we shouldn't have done the same to a crappy Giants defense today.

And I can't figure it out. Brunell looked alright today. He still has an arm, he gunned a few intermediate balls into some receivers today. Portis didn't show up that much. The O-line was average....

I just don't get it. We were completely flat today and it was piss poor pathetic.

You'd think that a HOF coach would instill some consistencey into this team, but it looks like you never know what you're gonna get with this offense.

At least we can go to sleep tonight knowing full well that the defense will be burned deep, almost at will. At least that's consistent.

So where'd we go wrong today? Why didn't we show up? Where's the same team and the same intensity that carried us for the last 5 weeks of the season last year?

Because this year, it's different. We can't afford to come from behind like we did last year, because this time around the conference is better. And eventually, the come-from-behind-magic will run out.

I just don't get why one week we get a 400 yard offense and then the next week we get a 150 yard effort against a defense thats significantly weaker.

It is the sign of mediocrity.

Hey man, I'll be your shoulder, come on, don't be scared, go with the flow.

All homo-eroticisms aside. I agree. There's no reason the team should've played that way today. Everything seemed to be in place. The way I see it, the main offender was time of possession. That's it. We couldn't capitalize when we did have the ball, which seemed like, never. Playcalling was suspect and apparently noone can get open.

Take into consideration that the game was on the road. That doesn't help. And the Giants are coming off a bye-week.

Those things have to be factored in.

As I heard Boomer Esiason say earlier this week... on the road.. you have to win with defense because the offense will find a way to screw things up.

Hey man, I'll be your shoulder, come on, don't be scared, go with the flow.

All homo-eroticisms aside. I agree. There's no reason the team should've played that way today. Everything seemed to be in place. The way I see it, the main offender was time of possession. That's it. We couldn't capitalize when we did have the ball, which seemed like, never. Playcalling was suspect and apparently noone can get open.

Yeah, but we never asserted ourselves.

If someone punches us in the mouth first, we may or may not put up a fight. We never fought back today. We were just like a boxer up on the ropes with his guard up, praying the bell will ring before the beating gets too bad.

It's been posted many times here. 2001 Chiefs. A mediocre team with a brand new offense under...............Al Saunders. It will be an up and down year (I'm predicting .500), and the offense probably won't start clicking til yr. 2 (it did in Kansas City). We'll see if the team has the patience to wait that long.

no team is going to hang up 500 yards every week :(

Our offense goes when the OL plays well, when we get dominated nothing happens

The defense KILLED us, no pressure, soft pass coverage... too many converted 3rd downs :doh:

Bubba, I know the offense won't ring up 500 yards every week.

But when we've come off games where we've rolled up 400 yards...one of those games against a defense who is significantly better than the Giants...I don't see how we can't NOT score at LEAST a touchdown.

The Giants defense didn't terrorize us today, we just didn't show up. It's that simple guys, come on.

Bubba, I know the offense won't ring up 500 yards every week.

But when we've come off games where we've rolled up 400 yards...one of those games against a defense who is significantly better than the Giants...I don't see how we can't NOT score at LEAST a touchdown.

The Giants defense didn't terrorize us today, we just didn't show up. It's that simple guys, come on.

The Giants dominated the line of scrimmage both sides.... killed us

we can't run, we don't have time to setup the pass when the OL gets beat

...is freaking killing me.

I don't get it. And there's no real reason for it.

I'm going to go ahead and accept the fact that the defense will take another slide this year like it did last year. Arch was a mistake, you don't get a safety because they can blitz. If they can blitz its an added bonus, but the definition of a safety isn't a ****ing blitzer. But I digress...

After dismantling the Texans and shredding the Jacksonville defense, there's no reason why we shouldn't have done the same to a crappy Giants defense today.

And I can't figure it out. Brunell looked alright today. He still has an arm, he gunned a few intermediate balls into some receivers today. Portis didn't show up that much. The O-line was average....

I just don't get it. We were completely flat today and it was piss poor pathetic.

You'd think that a HOF coach would instill some consistencey into this team, but it looks like you never know what you're gonna get with this offense.

At least we can go to sleep tonight knowing full well that the defense will be burned deep, almost at will. At least that's consistent.

So where'd we go wrong today? Why didn't we show up? Where's the same team and the same intensity that carried us for the last 5 weeks of the season last year?

Because this year, it's different. We can't afford to come from behind like we did last year, because this time around the conference is better. And eventually, the come-from-behind-magic will run out.

I just don't get why one week we get a 400 yard offense and then the next week we get a 150 yard effort against a defense thats significantly weaker.

It is the sign of mediocrity.

Dude, I hear you, but this isnt Madden 07. Its not like Joe Gibbs can say "hey, Ill add +10 to everyones awarness and +5 to the olines pass blocking skills. Why? Cause Im a hall of fame head coach!!" The players either get it or they dont.

Im still going with my orediction that it will take AT LEAST unitll week 6 before the offensive personel "Gets it" with this offense, and thats being generous because they are in the same "system."

This has the potential to be a long season. As one poster said, no pass rush OR no coverage. That is NOT Good, NOT GOOD.

This first half of the season, I expect a losing record. The second half we should have a winning record. The question is whether the D will be dominant by that time or will will be in shootouts every game.

I am patient with the offense right now. Offense is very precise so Im willing to wait for that. But to me Defense is attitude, and with the exception of Sean Taylor, I dont see that killer instinct from any player on D.

And if what Moose say at halftime is correct, when he said that Gregg Williams told him he didnt want to blitz because he was essentially "AFRAID" because of his corner play, then that to me is chicken ****.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. Our sword is the blitz, damit blitz. If they burn you, blitz again. But to not blitz AND GET BURNED ANYWAY is absurd.

I am NOT patient with the defense because the same CORE group has been in this system for 2-3 years now. Wynn, Griffin, Sal, Marcus, Taylor, Rogers, Daniels, Holdman, Marshall. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, if your ENTIRE defense is based off of ONE Position or Player (Springs) That is a GLARING FLAW IN YOUR SYSTEM.

Gregg Williams needs to get his head on straight and stop thinking that you dont need talent to win and this level. We have essentially 2 back up corners and a back up linebackers playing right now. These players are not starter material at all.

But Gregg Williams thinks he is the ****. I love Greg Williams, but somethimes I think he is WAY to overconfident. And to make matters worse, he sneaks out the back door to avoid interviews! Take the critisim like a man. What ever happened to integrity, character. Joe Gibbs has it, why dont you show it Gregg?

I love the Redskins with all my energy. Im known at work as the most diehard fan of any team people have ever seen. I just need to vent this crap before I go to work tommorow and write someone for being 1 minute late because Im still pissed. That would not be fair. Thank you!

Hail skins

It wasn't horrible, our lines have gotten beat worse, like the Dallas game.

Again, we didnt assert ourselves. We rolled right over for them.

compare last weeks OL play and this weeks

remember the Giants had 2 sacks before today..... they tripled that total today

we couldn't run like we needed to..... this offense goes as the OL goes..... plain and simple

Dude, I hear you, but this isnt Madden 07. Its not like Joe Gibbs can say "hey, Ill add +10 to everyones awarness and +5 to the olines pass blocking skills. Why? Cause Im a hall of fame head coach!!" The players either get it or they dont.

Yeah, but with this team it's all or nothing. Nothings consistent from game to game.

Again, we shredded Jax, we shouldn't have had a problem with the Giants. Jax's front four is better than the Giants.

Maybe I'm just disappointed that I feel like we got the rug pulled out from under us because of our success of the last two weeks.

Yeah, but with this team it's all or nothing. Nothings consistent from game to game.

Again, we shredded Jax, we shouldn't have had a problem with the Giants. Jax's front four is better than the Giants.

Yeah, but with Divisional games, stats and numbers mean crap. You can look at numbers when the Redskins are going agaisnt the Rams or the 9ers or the colts, but against the Cowboys, Giants or Eagles, its about attitude and just beatin the other guy in the face for 60 minutes.

Yeah, but with Divisional games, stats and numbers mean crap. You can look at numbers when the Redskins are going agaisnt the Rams or the 9ers or the colts, but against the Cowboys, Giants or Eagles, its about attitude and just beatin the other guy in the face for 60 minutes.

I agree to a certain extent...which brings me to one of my previous points, we just rolled over for the Giants. We didn't do anything to take the game in our hands.

no team is going to hang up 500 yards every week :(

Our offense goes when the OL plays well, when we get dominated nothing happens

The defense KILLED us, no pressure, soft pass coverage... too many converted 3rd downs :doh:

The part that concerns me is that we seem unable to win games against defenses that are able to generate any kind of pressure. It just totally flusters our offense. We haven't even faced the top defensive line in our division yet!

Eli on the other hand took 8 sacks against Philly, and still led the Giants to a win. 8 sacks! We couldn't get him once.

I would go so far as to say that that was the worst weve looked since Gibbs took over. Last years 36-0 debacle at least had a REASON. The owner dying and the Giants playing like crazy. There was NO Logical reason for the crap this sunday.

Yes...along with our 4-2 (3-0 in conference) record and total dismantling of San Francisco we were ripe to be picked off last year.

But at 2-2 and an 0-2 conference record, we had no excuses to be complacent this time.

I agree that Janson had some problem protecting, but what is up with Brunell's dropbacks. Most QBs know that tackles are suppose to drive the ends wide. And with that thinking once a QB takes drop and his reads aren't available, he is suppose to step up in the pocket(b/c likely the pressure will be coming wide), which will buy you more time, if the pocket hasn't collapse yet. But Brunell tends to hang back there until someone comes open or will trtyy escaping by turning around and going around the ends being block.(If you think I'm wrong watch the next) Also, as one poster said, our defense problem maybe Greg Williams overconfidence. His belief that he can making any street-walker an starting nfl player. I may be alone in this thinking but our defense starts w/ the d-line play. And I am one of the few that disagree with the way Williams pick our D-line personnell. I think we need more speed rushers. We need at least two. Don't give me that Washington can blitz if we need another speed rusher. We two bookends that cause havoc in the backfield. Please lets draft a good Defensive-End or a Corner.

Archived