Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Springs

argentina_redskins

We will be able to win next win without him or without any of our starters. But if we wanna have a chance of making the playoffs we will need him 100% after the bye week.

Today the team SUCKED as a whole. Everybody sucked.... it was horrible ... we just need this team to pull itself together, get an easy win at home on Sunday and try to go for the upset against Indy ... but if we played like we did today we'll be looking at a 7-9, 8-8 seasno ...

HTTR ... step up our game!!:logo::logo::logo::logo:

Look we came out flat as all hell today, against a division oppenet well rested desperately needing a win, I don't get how everyone is forgetting how we demolished the Jags D. That was not a fluke. Today performance was a fluke. We have a shot at Indy, although we will be dogs, their D is atrocious.

We will need SS back tho for a LEGIT shot.

I hope we do get back Shawn Springs 110% healthy ASAP. We sure could really use him especially after the Redskins' pass defense gave up big yardage completions to the Giants in their loss today.

the sad part about this is that the front seven was getting pressure for the second straight game, but we still couldn't stop them on 3rd and long. You mean to tell me that the secondary is that bad? I suppose so. :doh:

At this point, it doesn't seem to be so much that Shawn Springs is missing as it seems to be bad secondary coaching. Missed tackles, big cushions, and lining up 10 yards off the WR on 3rd and 1?!!!!! Jeez, why not just lay down and give them the first down? The coaches should be held accountable for the lack of technique out there.

Rumph didn't look too bad, neither did right. Unfortunately our boy ST got burned twice for big yardage. I love ST and I love the monster hits, but for the love of God wrap up when you make a tackle.

The only DB making tackles consistently IS Sean Taylor. How much is the guy supposed to do? At some point, the rest of his teammates have to step up and act like they care.

The only DB making tackles consistently IS Sean Taylor. How much is the guy supposed to do? At some point, the rest of his teammates have to step up and act like they care.

Don't get me wrong ST makes tackles but he was burned twice today and on two different occasions I saw him throw himself at Tiki and again at one of the receivers just to have them spin off and get more yards. You have to wrap up.

naw broa, they all looked bad today especially Wright.

They looked bad, yes. But is it technique or whats being coached. How much cushion do we have to give a receiver anyway? We gave their receivers way too much respect today. Way to much.

Don't get me wrong ST makes tackles but he was burned twice today and on two different occasions I saw him throw himself at Tiki and again at one of the receivers just to have them spin off and get more yards. You have to wrap up.

They looked bad, yes. But is it technique or whats being coached. How much cushion do we have to give a receiver anyway? We gave their receivers way too much respect today. Way to much.

That's true. This seems to be a problem throughout the whole secondary. What happened to tackling in the NFL? I see a lot of this. It's time the DB's stop acting so scared of the WR's and start playing them tight. At least if they get beat, they will have played the guy hard and maybe have slowed him up enough to break up the play.

I saw ST miss those tackles, but I wish we could clone a few more of him and replace the rest of the secondary. He seems to make a lot more tackles than he misses. I wish more guys would play with his fire.

SS is an important cog, but one man does not make this big of a difference. When he does return to play, he will have been out for a month. What will his contributions be as a result are in queston. More was expected from Rogers at this point, even though he is so young.

I saw ST miss those tackles, but I wish we could clone a few more of him and replace the rest of the secondary. He seems to make a lot more tackles than he misses. I wish more guys would play with his fire.

I will agree with you 100%. If our entire backfield was ST clones we'd rule the football world. It's just last year we seldom missed tackles. Even when we played bad we made the tackles. Play after play we have guys running through us.

I will say this though, in ST's defense Tiki is one difficult MoFo to tackle. :D

the sad part about this is that the front seven was getting pressure for the second straight game, but we still couldn't stop them on 3rd and long. You mean to tell me that the secondary is that bad? I suppose so. :doh:

Yes, our secondary is that bad. Why was Sean Taylor covering their no.1 receiver? Isn't that the db's job?

It's just last year we seldom missed tackles. Even when we played bad we made the tackles. Play after play we have guys running through us.

Yep. That's been more frustrating than anything. How do you forget how to tackle? That should be the question posed at Redskins Park this week.

Yep. That's been more frustrating than anything. How do you forget how to tackle? That should be the question posed at Redskins Park this week.

Gotta get back to basics. It appears we're so caught up in schemes we've forgotten fundamentals and simple execution. Our defense isn't that different from last year except for SS being out. We made do last year with Jimoh and Harris. I don't think that they are so much better than Rumph and Wright; not to the point of us going from good to bad.

You know Shawn Springs is hearing things like this everyday. He's really trying to come back, but I hope he doesn't come back before he's ready based on all of this. I'd rather have him completely healthy for the stretch.

Archived