Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Cornerbacks on the trading block.

dizzinator53

Does anyone know of any good corners who are on the trading block around the league? With the Springs injury looking like it could finish his season, we might be looking to cut someone loose in order to get a serious cover corner in here. Rumph and Wright have been playing better, but is it enough? I would be especially interested in trading with a team who is looking for a running back.... either the big bruising type or a quick downhill runner. Any thoughts, dreams, ideas as to a solution to the possible loss of Springs?

Nate Clements is really the only guy I can think of who would be able to step in and be the kind of corner we expect to see playing in this defense. He's currently franchise tagged by Buffalo, but I doubt there are many teams out there that would be willing to make a trade like this right now. These big moves are normally made in the offseason.

I wouldn't count on something like this happening. And if it does, it would more than likely involve our first pick next year.

texans.....get ANOTHER miami player............P. Buchanon he does not start, and they need a RB.....

jets need a rb but they have no corners worth looking at............

IMO, Buchanon doesn't fit the profile of a CB that plays in this defense. Williams likes guys who are physical and that can help in run support. Definitely not Buchanon.

IMO, Buchanon doesn't fit the profile of a CB that plays in this defense. Williams likes guys who are physical and that can help in run support. Definitely not Buchanon.

ok....

i was just thinking of guys that have success (nfl or college) in the past in college he was nasty.....and that the texans need a rb BAD.......

chances are we cant keep betts next year anyway, maybe trade him and also recoupe a pick for phillip....

not in the least if springs is done???

not with half of his boys from the U here helping him out?

I know hes from the "U" and maybe he could become better if he did come here but there was a big knock on him when he was with the Raiders. Word was that he was athletic but couldn't cover anyone. Thats why Texans uses him as a ST guy.

Does anyone know of any good corners who are on the trading block around the league? With the Springs injury looking like it could finish his season, we might be looking to cut someone loose in order to get a serious cover corner in here. Rumph and Wright have been playing better, but is it enough? I would be especially interested in trading with a team who is looking for a running back.... either the big bruising type or a quick downhill runner. Any thoughts, dreams, ideas as to a solution to the possible loss of Springs?
I honestly think that the secondary are beginning to "gel" with each other. They really haven't played together that much and it's taking time for them to adjust. Archuletta is a lot slower than I thought he would be so I think they are trying to compensate for him. Over-all, they are improving every week.

Springs will more than likely be IR"d and there probably isn't a "shut down corner" on the trading blocks.

Troy Vincent is going to be released soon from the Bills IR. This would permit him to play for any NFL team besides the Bills for the rest of the year. We could make an offer to him. He is a quality pro who is a great teacher (he stays after practice to help the young guys).

Archived