Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Salsibury quote on TO -- Sean Taylor

SavageForce21

I don't know for sure whether TO gets scared or plays different against us/Taylor than he does against anyone else. I do know, in contrast, that Glenn does.

What I also know, however, is that no team since the beginning of 2004 has played TO more physically than we have. Nobody.

I don't know for sure whether TO gets scared or plays different against us/Taylor than he does against anyone else. I do know, in contrast, that Glenn does.

What I also know, however, is that no team since the beginning of 2004 has played TO more physically than we have. Nobody.

Your physicality against TO has earned the Skins a 1-7 record against him. Congrats???

I think Sean Taylor is a great player. He is no doubt one of the top safeties in the league but I think you skins fans are going through what Cowboy fans did a couple years ago with Roy. You get so excited and hyped up by the big hits that you lose sight of the big picture.

Yes, ST's hit on Reggie Williams was a great pop but it came right as Taylor was giving up a TD. Patrick Crayton who has been laughed at in this thread, tossed ST aside like a rag doll right before he caught a TD on him in Week 2.

Big hits are great but they aren't everything.

Did anyone watch NFL replay tonight man. On the play where Daniels and Wright combined for a interception on a tip ST ran up just before the snap to Wright. H pushed him in the sideline direction and you could see him lean his head over to Wright and yell something in his ear. I have a feeling that ST had a lot to do with that play being made and if so, it was a huge play. Basically what I'm saying is even though ST hasn't been getting the numbers he's really growing into his talent nicely and turning into a dominant PRO.

thats a good catch, i do remember noticing that as well. and now that you speak of it, it was on that play, wasn't it. Thats what he needs to do more of if he is to become the best in the game today. He needs to not only play his position like he does, but he needs to be the captain of the secondary as well.

Better go back and watch that game again, dude...I saw at least 2 times where TO dropped a catch because he had his eyes on ST and not the ball...THAT is the difference ST makes...players do FEAR him, and rightly so! :cool:

Uh-huh. Sure you did.

LOL you guys are funny. ST have been beat for at least 6 TD's no one is scared of him. Is he a big hitter? Hell yeah. Does he make folks scared. Nope not at all.

Really, I think that you should actually talk to the WR in the NFL. He's one of the most feared players in the league. :doh:

How would you like to be the quarterback who made the decision to throw in ST's zone?? I bet he thinks, Oh hell, the receiver is going to kill me for this! Truthfully, the blueprint to stop a high profile receiver is to have a spy on him, like ST, and eventually the receiver gives up after a few pops. Alligator arms?????

Maybe Sean Taylor can break a finger on his other hand when we play them next. :)

Oh no, then TO will miss another ZERO games with that injury too :rolleyes:

And I think it's been confirmed that TO broke the finger on the "chop block" he was flagged on and I don't think ST was involved in that play.

Oh no, then TO will miss another ZERO games with that injury too :rolleyes:

And I think it's been confirmed that TO broke the finger on the "chop block" he was flagged on and I don't think ST was involved in that play.

Of course! There we have it...finally, we know the real etiology of TO's broken digit. After all, why wouldn't an offensive player want to credit the opposing defender's physical play as the cause of the injury?

Come on. Isn't that a little naive? I'm alright with cowboy trolls coming on this website. It's entertaining to make fun of their flaws in logic and general lack of common sense. But this is like tee-ball.

Watch the last few meetings between these teams. A trend is emerging. Terrell Owens typically does not have good games against the Redskins. Now watch the replays. Sean Taylor routinely goes after Owens. Roughing him up on running plays. Knocking him down instead of going for the pick. When Owens feels he has the physical edge on a DB, it's very apparent in his body language. The converse is true, as well. He knows Taylor can dominate him physically. It's nothing to be ashamed of--I cannot think of an NFL WR to whom that statement doesn't apply. But to deny it? That's a little ridiculous.

Your physicality against TO has earned the Skins a 1-7 record against him. Congrats???

:laugh:

You must have forgotten it's a team sport, while we're talking about matchups.

All I know is that at the start of the Cowboys-Skins game TO had 206 reasons to be happy, and afterwards he only had 205.

Salisbury was talking to John Clayton on ESPN just now, and they were talking about TO this weekend. Salisbury said that if the Eagles can intimidate TO like Sean Taylor did he wouldn't be a factor.

HELL YEEA!!

When? He didn't intimidate TO this year. The only person I've seen him intimidate this year is Joe Gibbs by going for the hit instead of the tackle costing the Redskins dearly.

Of course! There we have it...finally, we know the real etiology of TO's broken digit. After all, why wouldn't an offensive player want to credit the opposing defender's physical play as the cause of the injury?

If it makes you all feel better to pretend it was Sean Taylor's "physical play" that finally wore down TO's finger until it snapped, then go for it. Whatever makes you happy. I'm just telling you it's been widely reported and backed up with videotaped evidence that it was the chop block where the injury occurred.

Watch the last few meetings between these teams. A trend is emerging. Terrell Owens typically does not have good games against the Redskins. Now watch the replays. Sean Taylor routinely goes after Owens. Roughing him up on running plays. Knocking him down instead of going for the pick. When Owens feels he has the physical edge on a DB, it's very apparent in his body language. The converse is true, as well. He knows Taylor can dominate him physically. It's nothing to be ashamed of--I cannot think of an NFL WR to whom that statement doesn't apply. But to deny it? That's a little ridiculous.

It looks like you ALMOST have it figured out. You're just not quite there.

TO doesn't have good games against the Skins yet his teams are 7-1 in those matchups. Could it be that the attention paid to Terrel opens things up for the rest of the offense?? Hmmm...

Maybe while ST is chasing after TO and knocking him down and roughing him up, the other receivers are running free down the middle of the field... like Terry Glenn on the long TD catch or the long PI call. While TO might not have 8 catches for 165 yards and 3 TD's in these games, he draws double teams and draws attention from players like ST and opens up the field for the rest of the team. That's the impact he makes and that's one of the reasons he's 7-1 against the Skins.

It's fun to watch your star player flying all over the field and laying down vicious hits and roughing up the competition. I get that. It's great to watch. The problem arises when you're celebrating a huge hit he laid on a receiver on a TD reception. That's not a positive play regardless of how neat it looked. Or when you claim he physically intimidated an opponent's receivers while those receivers are catching TD pass after TD pass against his unit.

It's fun to watch your star player flying all over the field and laying down vicious hits and roughing up the competition. I get that. It's great to watch. The problem arises when you're celebrating a huge hit he laid on a receiver on a TD reception. That's not a positive play regardless of how neat it looked. Or when you claim he physically intimidated an opponent's receivers while those receivers are catching TD pass after TD pass against his unit.

So then you admit Roy Williams' "physicality" is a non factor in games as well? If so, please relay your sentiments back to your fellow brokebackers. No more Roy talk.

GC

Didn't TO break his hand at the start of that game? Yea Sean Taylor sure is an owner. I'd really be scared of his hits, after the whistle is called. That seems to be all he is good at. Or hey....I'm definately scared of his legendary spit in the face.

So then you admit Roy Williams' "physicality" is a non factor in games as well? If so, please relay your sentiments back to your fellow brokebackers. No more Roy talk.

GC

I think there are definitely big similarities between the two. Most Cowboy fans were so blinded by Roy's big hits that they overlooked his mistakes in coverage. He'd give up a TD or long pass and all people talked about was that crushing hit earlier in the game.

They're both great players. ST is much better in coverage and Roy is better in the box.

If it makes you all feel better to pretend it was Sean Taylor's "physical play" that finally wore down TO's finger until it snapped, then go for it. Whatever makes you happy. I'm just telling you it's been widely reported and backed up with videotaped evidence that it was the chop block where the injury occurred.

It looks like you ALMOST have it figured out. You're just not quite there.

TO doesn't have good games against the Skins yet his teams are 7-1 in those matchups. Could it be that the attention paid to Terrel opens things up for the rest of the offense?? Hmmm...

Maybe while ST is chasing after TO and knocking him down and roughing him up, the other receivers are running free down the middle of the field... like Terry Glenn on the long TD catch or the long PI call. While TO might not have 8 catches for 165 yards and 3 TD's in these games, he draws double teams and draws attention from players like ST and opens up the field for the rest of the team. That's the impact he makes and that's one of the reasons he's 7-1 against the Skins.

bigdave, your progression is terrible. First of all, you missed the first point entirely. Whether or not Taylor himself was directly responsible for the fracture was almost immaterial. I was pointing out your naivete in believing TO's statement on record. This is the same douchebag who claimed he was misquoted in his own book.

And then, you refute my observations with hypotheticals? "Well, maybe this is happening, or maybe that's the reason". That's honestly the stupidest tactic I've ever heard. If you want people to take your arguments seriously, then frame them in the context of substance. "On the play that started at 4:23 into the 3rd quarter, Washington was in a Cover 1, and Taylor shades help toward Owens' side, leaving the post open on the backside". I'm not saying this as an extremeskins.com opinioneer, I'm making a suggestion as a human being--dude, people will think you are borderline retarded.

Anyway, everyone knows that truly great receivers shed double (and triple and quadruple) teams, to still make plays. Moss almost always had 2-3 defenders eyeing him last season, yet somehow he still managed to make plays when it counted. Now, Owens is a great receiver. So if he consistently cannot break down our double teams, what possible other reason could there be for his lack of performance? Expressly in light of our deficit at cornerback?

Archived