Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Easiest $200 I ever made.......no not that way.

AsburySkinsFan

Ok, so this Tickle Me Elmo thing has gotten really stupid right, fights at Target and Wal-Mart, just silly.

My wife and I stopped into KOHL's the other day looking for a jacket for my son. When we looked up on a shelf in the toy section and what do we see, but three Tickle Me Elmo TMX toys, just sitting there. No one else around, no one else even moving that direction. Well needless to say, I plucked them off the shelf and into my handy dandy basket, and immediately went to the check out. KOHL's was also having a sale on their toys Buy-one get one 1/2 off. So now I've got a little over $100 invested on 3 Elmos.

I listed all 3 on ebay Monday night starting at 9:30 and then every 15 minutes thereafter. They sold last night; one sold for $86, the next sold for $91, and the last sold for $99. Each of them have $15 additional for shipping so that brings the total to:

$101, $106, $114=$321!!!!

Here are my listing numbers for you doubters:

Thank you Elmo, thank you very very much!

This little guy is really starting to grow on me

elmo.jpg

HAIL ELMO!!!

LOL... Great idea.

My wife bought a Snoopy Sport mobile off of ebay when our son was born, she paid 50 bucks because she couldn't find them anywhere. That was actually a good price, they have sold for as much as 150. I guess they are hard to find or something.

Well, we found them at a local store for 18.99, so we bought 10 of them (4 on one visit, 6 on a later visit).

Listed them on ebay and they have sold on average for about 87 bucks each, the highest has sold for 107 and the lowest for about 70.

I guess its the people onlines fault though also for not getting off their fat asses and looking themselves...

hmm after I just posted about my gf may have bid on them...I think she may be insulted and kick your butt....

It's not always about getting off their butt, douche....

...it's about some people have better things to do then stand in line at a wal mart at 5 am and wait for them to be unpacked from a frickin box.

Have another cup of coffee before you make a stupid post ;)

hmm after I just posted about my gf may have bid on them...I think she may be insulted and kick your butt....

It's not always about getting off their butt, douche....

...it's about some people have better things to do then stand in line at a wal mart at 5 am and wait for them to be unpacked from a frickin box.

Have another cup of coffee before you make a stupid post ;)

douche?

Not every statement applies to each and every person, but take it personally why don't you ;)..

Sorry if your Girl Friend who hasn't read this gets offended through.. nevermind I think a beer fell from the sky on you! Man UP!

douche?

Not every statement applies to each and every person, but take it personally why don't you ;)..

Sorry if your Girl Friend who hasn't read this gets offended through.. nevermind I think a beer fell from the sky on you! Man UP!

lol oh sure try and distract me by mentioning beer...

:laugh:

YAY BEER!!! :cheers:

Yeah way to go scrooge, buy something you don't need to sell them at a 300% profit to those that do...

I guess its the people onlines fault though also for not getting off their fat asses and looking themselves...

He didn't set the price, it was an auction.

Yeah way to go scrooge, buy something you don't need to sell them at a 300% profit to those that do...

does anyone really NEED one of these? It's not like he bought up the worlds supply of bread and put it on E-bay. It's a toy. I see no problem with him capitalizing on people's stupidity.

does anyone really NEED one of these? It's not like he bought up the worlds supply of bread and put it on E-bay. It's a toy. I see no problem with him capitalizing on people's stupidity.

I've sold bread many times over at Ebay Ethopia.... I just hate waiting for the money orders... no one over there uses pay pal... :paranoid:

Yep, it was an auction pure and simple, I didn't set the price, the buyers did. They could have very easily went unsold, but people think they NEED these things.

Also, I didn't stand in line and wait, I simply looked up and there they were no line, no fuss, no hassle.

I did think about hanging on to them until the demand went up, but I honestly didn't want to take the chance of the price falling, bird in the hand better than two in the bush and all that.

As for being a scrooge, LOL, that's just funny. Those things sell retail for $39.99, I wonder how much profit Wal-Mart, Target and all the others stores are making off those toys. I wonder how much the manufacturer is making. I simply took advantage of the economic principle of supply and demand. And its not like I set the price on them, remember the buyers were free to stop bidding at any time. Ebay is a complete free market no price setting here.

Here's my philosophy on this matter: If someone wants to voluntarily pay almost 300% mark up on a toy, then who am I to stand in their way? Heck, those 3 tickle me elmos just bought me two suits from S&K.

well according to a couple people who posted here...you need to get up off your fat butt, and find it for yourself, an are obviously a loser :doh:

makes me remember why I hate people :silly:

No if I find them great if I don't great no big deal. I am not going to pay outrageous prices nor deal with fights and lines. I refuse to do that! :silly:

Both nieces are only 2 so if I find them great if I don't they will not know the difference!

No if I find them great if I don't great no big deal. I am not going to pay outrageous prices nor deal with fights and lines. I refuse to do that! :silly:

Both nieces are only 2 so if I find them great if I don't they will not know the difference!

:laugh: hey I didn't say it, others did...

...but you are a loser for not coming out with us on the 14th ;)

Exactly, I've got a 4 1/2 year old son, and a 1 1/2 year old daughter, they'd like to have an Elmo. But, heck I'll wait 'til they go on sale and get one then, they won't ever know the difference and its not like they will have less fun with it in January. Personally, I'm waiting for the Playstation 3 to come out, and then I'm gonna go buy a PS2 for $100 and get all those good games out of the bargain box at Walmart. Frankly, the idea of newest means best is over-rated.

My wife even asked if we were gonna keep one, and I simply said, "Why? If we sell them then we can use the profit to buy another one later." I'm with you Huly, I'm not fighting in lines or going out at midnight to pick one up at Wally World. As a matter of fact there were only about 3 people who even saw that we had them, and 2 of them were cashiers. But, far be it from me to keep someone from giving me money, becasue they have it in their mind that they HAVE to have one of these things. I can't wait to get my new suits, after a 90 pound weight loss over the last year I NEED suits that FIT.

HAIL ELMO!

He will get over it!

When he is at the bar in town by himself next week he will know why! :laugh: :silly:

lol....nah they like my cheery personality :silly:

but when you're getting phone calls at 1 am while you're sitting at the gate you'll know why ;)

That's part of my thinking.

When did it suddenly start that there were "Must-Have" toys? I was born in 1974 and grew up in the "good times" of the 1980's and I cannot remember a single "Must Have" toy before the Cabbage Patch Kids (which I thought were absolute garbage).

Why is it that there are now all these "Must Have" toys every year that parents will fight over or pay well over retail value for? Is it all marketing or are parents just getting less intelligent?

Archived