Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis fined???

roulette

Searched for this, but didn't see it:

Click link for rest of article

At the bottom of this article I saw this:

The NFL hit Portis in the wallet. After Cartwright's 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown Sept. 17 against Dallas, Portis raced 50 yards to congratulate Cartwright. Portis, who was inactive for that game, was notified last week that he has been fined $5,000 by the league.

Any idea what he got fined for? I don't think simply congratulating Rock is a violation.

Wow he got fined for that? Its a freaking team game. He was happy for his teammate. This is getting rediculious. This just in, NFL fines Mark Brunell for pumping fist in the air after throwing OT TD to Moss because only one person can celebrate. They should be happy there are teams that are still about the team and not the individual (see Lions Roy Williams).

Yah the league is getting stupid with these fines. I can't think of anyone who doesn't want to see the players have a little fun after they score a touchdown. Hell, even when Owens imitated Moss' first down 'dance' I thought it was funny. Let the players have a little fun.

The only dancing I'm against is when a player on defense makes a tackle and then gets up and freaks out. Like it's hard to make a tackle. Take note of Mr. Sean Taylor. He STICKS people and goes back to the huddle without a word. I love it. that's the way it should be played.

CP shouldn't have gotten fined for that.

Why is everyone so concerned with CP's $5K fine. He's the one that has to write the check. It doesn't effect us one bit. The only way it effects us, is if he got 15 yards on the play for coming out of the coaches box (which has been a rule since the league has been in existance). Who cares. Not my money. Geez.

Archived