Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First REDSKINS game yesterday..my thoughts!

Novus

POSITIVES:

- Awesome game. Couldn't ask for a better one, especially this being my first.

- Great tail-gate atmosphere. My group didn't have any type of parking pass when we got to the stadium, but were able to get into one of the red lots for $30. Not sure if the guy at the front of the lot was just being nice, or this is something that happens all the time?

- Everyone was just having a blast and we didn't have problems. Just drinkin, eatin, and talking with other SKINS fans.

- FEDEx field really is a great stadium. Probably the only negative that stuck out was the mini-jumbo tron.

NEGATIVE:

- Well, I was able to check out those "obstructed" view seats, and the "obstruction" isn't the problem. It's how far back you are. If they would take out maybe the last 5 rows, those seats would be fine. Being that far back underneath the 300-level seats makes you feel like you're not even apart of the crowd, if that makes sense.

Luckily, my seats were right after the 300-level cover started in section 229, so I still felt like I was apart of the stadium's "bowl."

THE REALLY BAD:

What is up with some of these people that come to the games? My friend and I were told to SIT DOWN at least 4 times by some idiots behind us ON THE OPENING KICK OFF! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Maybe I'm just used to college games, where everyone actually cares about who wins and homefield advantage? But, it's the opening kickoff people. AT LEAST stand for that. We eventually moved down to some empty seats to get away from some of those people, but were still told a few other times to sit down during 3rd down conversions or other big plays. Now, not everyone was like that, but the few morons really pissed me off. It's not unreasonable to stand up during big defensive plays. In fact, it should be freakin' mandatory. ugh, whatever.

And, what's up with some of the crowd leaving once regulation ended? There's still OVERTIME!!!. Are you really that worried about beating traffic? Oh, well. They missed a heck of a catch by Moss.

I still had a blast, though.

Other than those small problems, it was an amazing day, and amazing game. Go SKINS!

I've heard, or read, rather, many complaints about being told to sit down. Personally, I'd say kick 'em in the nads and take their tickets and give them to someone that cares abou the game and the team. Just, my opinion though. :-)

I've heard, or read, rather, many complaints about being told to sit down. Personally, I'd say kick 'em in the nads and take their tickets and give them to someone that cares abou the game and the team. Just, my opinion though. :-)

And a damned fine opinion it is! :gaintsuck

we buy tickets, not seats. we should be able to stand up whenever we want. for me, that's the whole game. if you want to watch sitting down, i say spend it on the couch.... your team needs your noise when you're at the game...

yeah, a buddy of mine (Troy_Fakeman to be exact) and I were told repeatedly to sit down at the Jets game a few years back.

When Ramsey scrambled for that crucial 1st down, we were jumping and yelling and people behind us were b!tch!ng and moaning.

It's pretty sad. I wish I was old enough to have gone to some games at RFK. I've only seen video of the bouncing bleachers, but it looked like my kinda joint.

We have tix for the Carolina game this year, so if your around the 50 about 4-5 rows back in the upper bowl, PLEASE don't complain if we stand for the ENTIRE game. We will look at you, laugh, and continue STANDING and CHEERING for the REDSKINS.

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

POSITIVES:

- Awesome game. Couldn't ask for a better one, especially this being my first.

- Great tail-gate atmosphere. My group didn't have any type of parking pass when we got to the stadium, but were able to get into one of the red lots for $30. Not sure if the guy at the front of the lot was just being nice, or this is something that happens all the time?

- Everyone was just having a blast and we didn't have problems. Just drinkin, eatin, and talking with other SKINS fans.

- FEDEx field really is a great stadium. Probably the only negative that stuck out was the mini-jumbo tron.

NEGATIVE:

- Well, I was able to check out those "obstructed" view seats, and the "obstruction" isn't the problem. It's how far back you are. If they would take out maybe the last 5 rows, those seats would be fine. Being that far back underneath the 300-level seats makes you feel like you're not even apart of the crowd, if that makes sense.

Luckily, my seats were right after the 300-level cover started in section 229, so I still felt like I was apart of the stadium's "bowl."

THE REALLY BAD:

What is up with some of these people that come to the games? My friend and I were told to SIT DOWN at least 4 times by some idiots behind us ON THE OPENING KICK OFF! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Maybe I'm just used to college games, where everyone actually cares about who wins and homefield advantage? But, it's the opening kickoff people. AT LEAST stand for that. We eventually moved down to some empty seats to get away from some of those people, but were still told a few other times to sit down during 3rd down conversions or other big plays. Now, not everyone was like that, but the few morons really pissed me off. It's not unreasonable to stand up during big defensive plays. In fact, it should be freakin' mandatory. ugh, whatever. QUOTE: You will find this type of attitude wherever you go in life, ignore it and go on with your life. !!!

And, what's up with some of the crowd leaving once regulation ended? There's still OVERTIME!!!. Are you really that worried about beating traffic? Oh, well. They missed a heck of a catch by Moss.

I still had a blast, though.

Other than those small problems, it was an amazing day, and amazing game. Go SKINS!

we buy tickets, not seats. we should be able to stand up whenever we want. for me, that's the whole game. if you want to watch sitting down, i say spend it on the couch.... your team needs your noise when you're at the game...

You do buy tickets for SEATS. They are printed on your tickets.

I love standing up on certain plays like the kickoff ,goalline stand, 3rd down 4th down, but fnot every down. I have never told anyone to sit down in front of me but usually people start yelling for people to sit down when idiots stand up for the entire quarter. I tend to stand uo when I want to but after a few minutes if most of the people around me and behind me are sitting I do too. It is just being polite enough to know that others paided money to be and watch the game to.

You do buy tickets for SEATS. They are printed on your tickets.

I love standing up on certain plays like the kickoff ,goalline stand, 3rd down 4th down, but fnot every down. I have never told anyone to sit down in front of me but usually people start yelling for people to sit down when idiots stand up for the entire quarter. I tend to stand uo when I want to but after a few minutes if most of the people around me and behind me are sitting I do too. It is just being polite enough to know that others paided money to be and watch the game to.

he's right. It's called common courtesy.

Oh, and I'm not agreeing with the guy that told you to sit down during opening kickoff or anything, and when something exciting happens or a big third down comes up or something, I'll be one of the first guys standing up and yelling. But you also have to keep the people around you in mind.

What some of you guys don't think about is that a lot of these fans CAN'T stand for an entire game. If you have a kid with you, they have no chance in hell of seeing over you. And 'standing' has nothing to do with screaming your head off. It does nothing to help your team. Period.

I have no problem with guys standing up at key points...I've done it a lot of times out of sheer excitement. But you should try and think about the above and use some common sense. If I bring my 10 year old all the way up to a game, and he can't see a thing because you feel standing the entire game makes you a good fan, I'm probably going to be one of those ***holes asking you to sit down :)

Yea, I definitely understand someone not wanting to stand the entire game. That gets quite tiring. And, it's probably a little bit excessive.

But, opening kick-offs, most big 3rd downs, 4th downs....those are definitely times when you should be standing up. And, in some cases, it can change the outcome of a play if the crowd is loud enough. I've seen it happen with false starts on multiple occasions.

It just really got under my skin when I stood up for the opening kick-off to my first ever REDSKIN game, and was told to sit down. But, ya move on....and, in my case...move seats. :cool:

I have made it very clear to the people behind me, this is my 3rd season so i've gotten to know a lot of them and they know me pretty well because i'm that crazy idiot on my feet. They realize how important the 12th man is and when i get up and scream they are right behind me screamin (at the game, not at me) as well. I love the people in my section because no matter what they are loud and they dont tell me to sit down anymore because i've proven to them that i'm not gonna do it. On 3rd down, EVERYONE gets up around me. When we are on offense, i'm sitting, when we are on defense, i'm stompin and screamin as well as everyone in my section. Not to be a jerk but anybody lookin to buy tickets, if you're lookin at section 221, it's an awesome atmosphere but dont complain about the people on thier feet. you wanna scream? root for the skins.

Archived