Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drew Brees

BDOG510

Isn't he learning a new offense, new teammates and has a "weak" arm?

And yet he seems to have little trouble with downfield throws. :paranoid:

Sorry..................couldn't resist the cheap and way too easy Brunell shot.

:D

We couldn't have gone after Brees. How can we afford that 60 million dollar contract? Besides, we've invested so much in Campbell, Brees is still a young guy if we had signed him then that would have been a clear signal that we had no plans for JC.

No, we simply were not in the market for a QB this offseason. If we had been, then yes I agree that I hope we would have been all over Brees.

I'm happy that he's found a place where he's wanted and it appears to be a good fit in New Orleans.

You mean LT and Michael Vick? Come on man, everyone knows that one!

Drew Brees came as the pick in the second round that Atlanta had traded to San Diego. San Diego moved down in the first round and picked up Atlanta's second round choice which ended up being Brees.

Have you watched that guy play this year? Why the hell did we not get him? :wtf: :doh: The way NO is playing just goes to show the difference a quality QB makes.

We already had too much invested in Brunell's contract and with picking Campbell in the first round the year before it would be a clear sign that they would have been giving up on Campbell. Plus with his reputation as having a weak arm, the injury he sustained in the last game last year put doubt into a lot of teams minds.

I heard a quote somewhere where it was said that they thought that coming off of the injuries that both had, that Miami thought that Culpepper was a safer choice.

All of that stuff came out after the dolphins already lost out on Brees. The Saints offered a better contract and Brees took it. I think all that stuff came out afterwards because the dolphins were trying to save face. The fact that the dolphins gave up a second rounder for culpepper while the saints signed brees in free agency magnifies what a bad move it was.

Drew Brees came as the pick in the second round that Atlanta had traded to San Diego. San Diego moved down in the first round and picked up Atlanta's second round choice which ended up being Brees.

Actually, San Diego finished the 2000 season 1-15. The result was the received the first pick in every round of the draft. They traded the first pick in the draft to Atlanta (Vick). The first pick in the second round was Brees. Through other trades they still kept the first pick in rounds 5 & 7. ;)

You mean LT and Michael Vick? Come on man, everyone knows that one!

Yes, you are correct!!!:)

Archived