Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would the Redskins be better with Brett Favre as our starting QB?

nneece

I know this is a crazy hypothetical. But I think it drives home a point.

Would the Redskins be a better team with Brett Favre as our starting QB? Hear me out, lots of sports commentators (Colin Cowherd the most vocal) and fans are calling for Brett Favre to retire for the good of that franchise. They are saying that his best days are behind him and he has become a liability. However Brett, unlike Mark Brunell, can still throw the ball even if he sometimes makes ill advised throws. Lets look at the stats from week 2:

Mark Brunell: 67.7 overall QB rating, 54 Comp %, 197 Yards, 0 TD, 1 INT

Brett Favre: 70 overall QB rating, 56 Comp %, 340 Yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

The numbers are pretty similiar except Brett threw for 3 TD's and a lot more yards. You could argue that Brett would be more effective in Washington because he would have more weapons, Greenbay has a lot of issues beyond Brett Favre. Now the fact that I can even make this argument and it not be a totally half-baked idea should concern Brunell homers, Joe Gibbs, anyone saying that we should stick with Brunell. On one side we have a 37 year old, HOF QB who has probably played past his prime as a starter. On the other side we have a 36 year old, non HOF QB who has definitely played past his prime as a starter. Which would you want?

I would imagine Brett is a better QB ....It would be a matter of when Brett could catch up if we did go after him....we are two games into the season.....new offense to Brett as well as everyone else....The only reason why I would see the skins going after Brett would be to improve this team "now/today/this season" ....not sure if Brett would or could make a difference for this season so I would say nah...let him retire

umm.....HELL YEA!!! Favre is a gunslinger and take a lot of chances. THat means he WOULD THROW THE BALL DOWNFIELD. Yes he would probably average 1-2 INTS a game but he would also average 250 yards and 2-3 TDs a game too. I'd be willing to live with a couple mistakes AS LONG AS HE TRIES TO THROW THE DAMN BALL 10 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD!!!

Guest sith lord

I was discussing this very issue last night with a friend and I think we would be better with Farve than we are with Brunell. I'm in no way a big fan of Farve and he is holding the Packers back, but he still has a arm and will try to make plays unlike Brunell who can only throw to RB's and out of bounds.

jbooma that you?

Farve is a turnover machine, Gibbs wouldn't want him

:laugh:

I did not start this one but Bubba 350 yards 3 tds and 1 pick last week with inferior weapons, but wait he is bad :doh:

If Farve were are QB we would be Superbowl Bound, the reason is the other team would respect him more then anything else and would open the game up for all of our weapons.

To think differently then it is clear you do not understand football and how good he is.

Unlike GB he wouldn't have to force anything here with the talent we have.

Let's just see:

Brett Favre:

Future Hall of Famer

8 Time Pro-Bowler

Super Bowl Winner (XXXI)

NFL MVP Winner 3 times ('95, '96, '97) - NFL record

Numerous NFL Passing records

Mark Brunell:

Was once a back-up to Brett Favre...

OK... verdict? Duh!

Favre has more talent in his small left toe than Brunell has in his entire body.

Archived