Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Want to feel better? Watch the players' and coaches' reactions on redskins.com

freakofthesouth

I hate to start a new thread mods, but I do feel this is necessary.

Like the majority of the board, last night, and earlier today, I was fuming at the team, and Mark Brunell in particular...I was calling for his head, just like the rest of you.

Then I navigated to redskins.com, and watched the team reaction on the 'in the locker room' video just after the game. And after watching Gibbs' reaction and comments, I was reminded of what a hall of fame head coach does- he establishes accountability. Every single player that was interviewed immediately said it was their fault, and it started w/ them. And they said it w/ conviction.

Next, I noticed a calm, zen-like state of mind from our fearless leader; and if I could sense that in an interview, then our players are most likely really feeling that...

And we can try to dissect the problems and setbacks like good fans should- but Gibbs is not downplaying it when he says that there could be thousands of reasons why this team isn't productive. I'm sure if he thought it was Brunell, he would not hesitate to make that move.

I'm not even gonna go into the reality of what this coach has already done since his return. I won't concede and excuse by disclosing the facts that we have a brand new system; a sidelined-icon of a running back that was supposed to ease the transition to our new offense in the early games.

Just go and watch these videos, and see how much these players and coaches want to win. As I'm sure that we can all agree, our team needs us now more than ever...and we have recent evidence that we can, indeed, turn everything around. And for the Cowboys? We'll be happy to host them by the time November rolls around.

I agree with that. I just got finished watching those videos and I felt the same way. But.....I still do nat think MB can get it done.

You might be right man...but in all likelihood, it is more than just Brunell. And it could be a terrible situation if there are multiple problems and we try to throw our QB of the future directly into the mix.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was taking a little break from all the negativity and as I just finished telling my gloating cowboy fan brother, Gibbs won 3 superbowls and I trust him. This team is towing the line and this will pay off, IMO. I am with them good, bad, and ugly. I mean this for everyone who plays on this team.... HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

As far as I'm concerned, all we need is one win right now. We shouldnt even begin to think about what happens later down the road. We should only think about one team : Houston. Joe Gibbs has extra motivation to get his players up to play this game because both teams are 0-2. If we come out and look good, thatll be the start of our roll, trust me. We just need this game.

7-game losing streak? :laugh: So much stupidity on the internet sometimes...

Uh! Yeah, it is a 7 game losing streak... Preseason games do count if you haven't established that you can win with this team (injuries and all), this coaching staff, and this playbook. Had we shown something in Preseason, then we'd have more hope for a turn-around. Right now, there is nothing positive to draw from this season other than another quality offseason inspired by Daniel Snyder spending.

Also, next week we play an AFC team away from home. You know how many games we've won against AFC teams in this 2nd stint of Joe Gibbs? 0... We're 0-8. We've lost to: Cleveland, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Denver, KC, Oakland, San Diego. You'd think we would pull this game out, but the smart money has to be on the Texans.

There is good reason for pessimism.

Let's face it... Even the Texans have looked a lot better in their two defeats than we have in ours'. Hopefully, we won't lose. Imagine if we do. It's not such a stretch when you put it in context, but the Redskins and Joe Gibbs have to find a way to change the context and start a new streak.

No surprise to me that the players react this way. You could long before this season they were buying into the Coach Gibbs way of football, ( though the videos are good to reaffirm this). Unlike us, these guys actually do depend on this whole pro football thing for a living and because they are pro athletes, want to win much more so than we do. The key here, as pointed out, is what they are saying and how they are saying it. We saw this right before the 5 game streak. This could be a good sign.

I know we don't really count pre-season games but the fact is, we did play and we did lose.

Yes, and the most of the players that played the majority of those games are no longer on the team. If you count practices then perhaps we would be 0- 14? :doh:

Uh! Yeah, it is a 7 game losing streak... Preseason games do count if you haven't established that you can win with this team (injuries and all), this coaching staff, and this playbook. Had we shown something in Preseason, then we'd have more hope for a turn-around. Right now, there is nothing positive to draw from this season other than another quality offseason inspired by Daniel Snyder spending.

:doh: See my comments above. I am not saying that we have done great or anything. But you simply cannot count Pre-season games. If a record was broken during a pre-season game, does it count?

Uh! Yeah, it is a 7 game losing streak... Preseason games do count if you haven't established that you can win with this team (injuries and all), this coaching staff, and this playbook.

As much as your Eeyore complex would like for preseason games to count, they don't. Sorry. And I even double-checked the official NFL rules to make sure there is no exception for when a team hasn't "established that you can win." :laugh:

But thanks for injecting some much needed levity into these dark days. :laugh:

The team is playing at an elite level right now. We're up by 14 points heading into halftime. Sometimes you have to have a couple of medicore games in order to get things flowing.

We are playing possibly the worst team in the league, and they still can't throw downfield. Believe me,I'm happy, but doesn't give you confidence going against real defenses. Brunnell looks very jittery in the pocket, even when he has time.

Archived