Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget blaming Gibbs.....Snyder still paying for letting Marty go

scottlo34

I will still trace the biggest mistake that Snyder made of all of his gaffes, was the presumptuous handling of giving Marty the boot for Spurrier. Chargers look like the real deal and that would have been us if Danny Boy didn't get all caught up with the ole' ball coach. Hell, we could have spared Gibbs coming back and going through all of this for the last three years if Marty had stayed. Analyze all the mistakes and blunders that you want but Marty is looking good these days and we are not. That is the bottom line...........

There was more to the Shottenheimer deal than just Spurrier comming available. There was also the fact that Danny gave Marty full control over personnel decisions. It led to the disaster at QB with him thinking George would be his man and not having a backup in case it didn't work. Also, getting rid of Larry Centers was a big mistake. He also picked 50/50 in the draft.

In the end, Marty had too much control and didn't want to give it up.

I think at the time, a lot of teams would have given their right nut to have had Spurrier.

Jason

Don't forget that Marty has a GM in San Diego and here he was his own

GM. The fight over control is what led to his departure.

The same tensions exist in San Diego. It gets overlooked more because the Chargers are winning, but both sides have acknowledged that relations between Marty and the management are rocky.

No! Dan is not paying for letting Marty go...

What he is paying for is the way he handled Norv Turner... and, the disgraceful way he let him go!

The Skins are still suffering from that aftermath. No decent coach wants to come and work here. Coach Gibbs loves the Redskins, and hence he is here ...

But, don't forget Bill Parcells, Dan Reeves, and a number of others spurned Snyder.

This just doesn't go to the coaches. Many free agents don't want to play here ... other than those strictly in for the money.

You may not like Norv ... but, we wasn't to be blamed for all of the Skins problems. They were competitive, and he had a lousy QB and much worse defensive talent.

He maynot be Head Coach material - But, he is a good offensive coordinator!

There was more to the Shottenheimer deal than just Spurrier comming available. There was also the fact that Danny gave Marty full control over personnel decisions. It led to the disaster at QB with him thinking George would be his man and not having a backup in case it didn't work. Also, getting rid of Larry Centers was a big mistake. He also picked 50/50 in the draft.

In the end, Marty had too much control and didn't want to give it up.

I think at the time, a lot of teams would have given their right nut to have had Spurrier.

Jason

I'm pretty sure Marty didn't bring in George. I thought Marty was a Brad Johnson fan, God knows he fits his system perfectly.

This team hasnt been worth a Dime since Snyder bought it! An NFL team is as only good as the front office will allow it to be. How many more coaches will be hired and fired? Why WHYYYY make another coaching change (Saunders) after last years team showed some promise with Gibbs play calling? I know lets hire another so called guru and struggle another year. Look at all the defensive corrdinators this team went through for a few years. No CONSISTANCY for the past 15 years or so a coach here a coach there. I am no coach dont claim to be but look at alot of your teams same staff yaer after year. Take for instance the Chargers, Eagles, Denver, New England same staff for at least 5 years. Well mybe not New England but the corrdinators were there for a while. What I a getting at is maybe Snyder and Gibbs trying to achieve that I dont know. But this is what this team needs consistancy within the coaching staff

Archived