Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Smith

StuckinIA

I was curious how he actually did today.

I did not get to watch the game but I did here his name mentioned quite often and the crowds chants of "Bruuuuuuuuuce" most of the game thanks to the Geo forum:notworthy

It also sounded like he was actually contributing on run defense.

Is this true or did the radio paint a false picture if his play?

Both Wynn and Smith had very solid games.Bruce was all over the place, one time chasing down Brooks from one side of the field to the other. He never gave up on a play. Wynn was a monster for the most part when they ran at him.... :cheers:

The whole defensive line really played well. We had good penetration and solid, though certainly not spectacular pass rush. Smith, I think, had the best game on the line of all of them, followed by Big Daddy.

Smith was doing some things he's not done for a few years it seemed. He even looked fast again on a few plays. It was nice to see. I think Smith gets a bit of an unfair bashing, so, when he plays so well it's a good validation of thinking he's still a pretty good player.

Thanks guys:cheers:

The impression I have gotten from B. Smith's play is that he is excited by the ML gameplan. Plus he knows his career is rapidly winding down and he needs to step up to make a difference.

I was extremely happy to not have to hear about large rushing plays occurring where he should have been.

One good game isn't going to save his as$. LJ had more good plays in 3 minutes than Bruce had in the whole season thusfar. Did you see Bruce when he got a sack? He looked like he just discovered a cure for cancer.

I just don't understand why you don't start LJ; a younger more motivated Bruce Smith. At least you know that he's trying to stop the run.

Archived