Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curry Burns

Ricky Ervins

I looked him up on CBS Sportsline. He's not even listed. Who is this guy Burns? How long has he been a pro? and where did he go to school?

Signed S Curry Burns. Placed S Pierson Prioleau on injured reserve.

I saw one replay of Prioleau's injury. I still don't understand how it happened.

# 29 Curry Burns

Position: DB

Height: 6-0

Weight: 203

Born: 02/12/1981

College: Louisville

NFL Experience: 2

Career Stats | Game Logs: 01 02 03 04 05 06 | Situational Stats | Team Roster

Defensive Stats

Year Team G Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def

2003 Houston Texans 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

2004 New York Giants 8 23 19.0 4 0 1 12 12.0 12 0 0

2005 New York Giants 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0

TOTAL 9 23 19.0 4 0 1 12 12.0 12 0 0

We should have signed Lance Schulters. Kids a baller, he is a free agent despite a good year with the dolphins last season, and a few pro bowl appearances.

but dont you think schulters would want to start? weve already got arch and taylor which leaves no room for him and creates problems with him complaining about a lack of playing time.

They must like SOMETHING about the guy if they kept him on the PS last season.

Redskins place Prioleau on IR, sign Burns

September 13, 2006

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- The Washington Redskins placed safety Pierson Prioleau on injured reserve Wednesday and signed safety Curry Burns.

Prioleau tore the ACL in his right knee on the opening kickoff of Monday night's loss to Minnesota. He will have surgery in about two weeks and is out for the season.

Burns, from Louisville, spent last year on the Redskins practice squad and was in training camp this year. He was among the last round of cuts on Sept. 2.

I wouldn't mind seeing the kid Battle come back. He seemed like a huge corner, and made a few good plays. I think he would be better than Wright holding up WR's every other play... Burns knows the system from preseason which made him a quick fix answer. Hopefully he can sure up the nickel spot a little more.

Archived