Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Lloyd even have a catch last night?

JKonaP

Lloyd has this thing where he kinda goes dead legged or dead boddied whenever the he goes to make the catch. It cost him one reception early in the game. I hope that'a not what we'll be getting out of him all year.

Was you watching the game???

You need to look at the bottom of this page and read the last post. Brunell threw to him twice:

One that was overthrown out of bounds as he tried to strech out for it...

The other to where he got speared in the back which was too high... :doh:

Lloyd has this thing where he kinda goes dead legged or dead boddied whenever the he goes to make the catch. It cost him one reception early in the game. I hope that'a not what we'll be getting out of him all year.

Unfortunately, it probably is. Watching him play for the niners, all I can say is that he is extremely averse to contact of any sort, he has a tendency to slow down before a catch so he can dive out, make the catch, and go to ground; which looks good on the highlight reel until you realize that he could have caught the same pass in stride for an additional five yards IF he didn't mind being tackled by a DB (I believe he did this to your team once already in the preseason.) The aversion to contact is also what makes him a very poor run-blocker, and when he played for the niners, it manifested itself in a particular nasty way on a number of occasions when he "tripped" on his own foot or the turf, conveniently going to the ground before a linebacker was about to clobber him, which also happened to be shy of the first-down marker.

- a niner fan

Was[were] you watching the game???

You need to look at the bottom of this page and read the last post. Brunell threw to him twice:

One that was overthrown out of bounds as he tried to strech out for it...

The other to where he got speared in the back which was too high... :doh:

I watched every play except for that kick. I saw the "over thow" where if Lloyd had jumped for the ball he would have had a better chance at catching the ball. He did soem bs where he just reached his hands up while falling to the ground and trying to keep both feet in bounds even though he wasn't that close to the side line. I'm not condemning the dude at all. He's going to be a great player for us..I just didn't like the way he tried to go after that pass.

Archived