Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Monk

jnova

Sammy Baugh #33 is the only number the Redskins have retired. They do not circulate 81, 28, 9, 7, 44, & I think a couple of others. One year under Spurrier one of the QB's was wearing 9 because it wasn't retired & that's when the whole thing about uncirculated, but not retired numbers came to the forefront.

speaking of Monk, it was nice to see Tom Jackson (another Skins hater) give him props the other night... said he absolutely needs to be in the Hall and made some good arguments why, specifically that when Monk finished his career, he had the most receptions of all time. I hope some of the voters were watching.

Sammy Baugh #33 is the only number the Redskins have retired. They do not circulate 81, 28, 9, 7, 44, & I think a couple of others. One year under Spurrier one of the QB's was wearing 9 because it wasn't retired & that's when the whole thing about uncirculated, but not retired numbers came to the forefront.

At least we didn't sign T.O. I could only imagine the drama that would have unfolded over wearing #81.

Archived