Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs' remarks about Mark Brunell

Zguy28

What would you expect Gibbs to say..."This guy is horrible and I wish we never got him"?

Whats with all the animosity towards Brunell???? I think hes a good quarterback. i mean he threw 23 TDs last year and Moss was double and triple covered most of the year. People will change their tune when hes thrown 30 TDs by seasons end.

what animosity? where do u people come from? some skins fans just dont think brunell is good as people make him out to be whether its gibbs or not. whats your problem?

I just think Brunell can take this team in 2 directions..if he is good..he is real good..but old and bad or injured..could be a long season..2 backups...not impressive at all..I know alot of you on this board are big on Campbell...but he looks lost in many ways..he looks no where as polished as Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler and this is their 1st year

Good Gravy, were you watching a different Campbell. He looked composed to me and has a great arm. If or when Brunell misses some games, Campbell will do fine.

Hopefully he will shake off the woeful pre-season. If you recall he had a very decent pre-season last year...I did not see that at all this year. Just an observation. I certainly do not put a lot of stock in pre-season but you know, a few accurate passes, some range, does help.

One thing Gibbs said is a real good point about this: the offense didn't really get a lot of snaps. That's because we couldn't generate that many first downs with that part of the staff. I actually felt better about our first team with the last drive they had against the ratbirds. They actually looked like they were putting something together until Cooley had the dropsies.

Jason

Coach Gibbs' word is the law. He says the team has confidence in him, then as a loyal fanbase, we must follow our leader and support Brunell. We must show confidence in him and root for him. Why? Because Coach Joe Gibbs said so. Simple fact, guys.

What insight. What clarity.

Clearly, as a long time, die-hard Skins fan, you have your finger directly on the pulse of the burgundy and gold faithful.

The funny part about this topic is that people think that this discussion does'nt go on with other teams. Every team in the league has QB controversey of some sorts.. Either they want the backup to play or they want a trade for one of the so called " elite QB's in the league. Well the elite QBs would be on these teams ... Indy, New England, Cincy, Pitt, Sea, Philly,Atlanta, and carolina . Only 2 of these teams have been super bowl Champions recently. All are playoff teams but so were the Redskins, so why question Brunell?

Reasons:

Because people and the media are idiots.

It's the reason people will feed pegions but shoot eagles...

Peyton Manning had'nt won shh.... :cuss:

But he gets more props than Brady.

Brady had to win 3 championships to get recognized like Manning

My points:

#1. Just because you're a great QB doesn't mean you will get to, or win the superbowl.

#2. Almost every team's fans in the league want a different QB

Fans are never satisfied...

#3. If Brunell hadn't led us to the playoffs last year, we wouldn't be talking about him right now cause he'd be history!

But we are talking...

So that should tell you idiots something!

Brunell is what Brunell is on any given Sunday. He was fairly consistent last year except for a small stretch in there.

Pretty accurate. He had a stretch where he played pretty well from the last 4 minutes of the Dallas game through about the next 3 or 4 games. Before and after he was extremely mediocre. But as long as we dont ask to much of him, maintain a strong running game and play great defense we should be ok.

The funny part about this topic is that people think that this discussion does'nt go on with other teams. Every team in the league has QB controversey of some sorts.. Either they want the backup to play or they want a trade for one of the so called " elite QB's in the league. Well the elite QBs would be on these teams ... Indy, New England, Cincy, Pitt, Sea, Philly,Atlanta, and carolina . Only 2 of these teams have been super bowl Champions recently. All are playoff teams but so were the Redskins, so why question Brunell?

Reasons:

Because people and the media are idiots.

It's the reason people will feed pegions but shoot eagles...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Man, you summed it up perfectly, imo. That was hilarious.

I guess it's better than, "He's super smart" or "He fights his guts out for us", but Brunell HIMSELF has to win his trust back from ME. Until proven otherwise, Portis's injury will decide if we make the playoffs or not in my opinion. If Portis is not 100% soon, I do not think Brunell is capable of taking this team on his shoulders and leading us to the playoffs the way Portis did last year.

Gee Mr TaylorQuickPick, I hope MB doesn't lose too much sleep this weekend worrying about winning the trust back from you.

Probably won't; since he seems to have the trust of the one guy on the whole planet really counts. And who, by the way, is about as good as anyone when it comes to evaluating QBs. You see, Joe Gibbs actually has a track record; a very good one. In fact a HOF one. ;)

Pointless to try and reason with some of the chumps that have posted on this thread. Get your forks and knives ready fellas cuz' ya' got a heaping helpin' of crow about to be served up real soon. My advice: drink an 8 oz. glass of Kool-aid once in a while and stop chugging piss and vinegar on a daily basis. Your ignorance is becoming. Thanks OM and the rest of the people, who trust the greatest coach in football, for recognizing that you deal with the hand you're dealt, and you play it to the best of your ability. I'd say we've got a pretty good hand.

HTTR!

Pointless to try and reason with some of the chumps that have posted on this thread. Get your forks and knives ready fellas cuz' ya' got a heaping helpin' of crow about to be served up real soon. My advice: drink an 8 oz. glass of Kool-aid once in a while and stop chugging piss and vinegar on a daily basis. Your ignorance is becoming. Thanks OM and the rest of the people, who trust the greatest coach in football, for recognizing that you deal with the hand you're dealt, and you play it to the best of your ability. I'd say we've got a pretty good hand.

HTTR!

Now tell us how you really feel!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived