Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYC Skins fans: Season Opener @ Mercury Bar (Merged)

LaRou

It is definitely going to be Mercury Bar for the regular season as well. In fact, we're expecting a pretty big crowd gathering there this season, particularly starting with the season opener on Monday, Sept 11.

Tomorrow will find a bunch of us there as well for the pre-season game against the Jets. Between the fans my friends and I have talked to and those that Rou has organized and contacted, there will be a big midtown contingent.

We're happy with Mercury Bar as a great venue (lots of seating, TVs and big screens, quality sound, booze, food, etc.) and a solid location. The owner is very much on-board and has been enthusiastic with ideas for throughout the season.

So we'll hope to see you tomorrow night and throughout the season. Hail to the Redskins!

Mercury Bar (Eastside)

493 Third Avenue (between 33rd and 34th Streets)

(212) 683-2645

http://www.mercurybarnyc.com/eastside/media/mercurybar.html

There was a good gathering for Saturday's pre-season game at Mercury Bar (on 3rd Avenue). We came away with a solid feeling about this place as our venue for the season. It is a great setup and they did an excellent job with the dedicated sound and screens. We were told that they'll have a few more elements in place before the opener against the Vikings, but this is proving to be a great find for Redskins fans in NYC. I'm looking forward to packing the place this regular season.

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

We had a great turnout last week (vs. Jets) at Mercury Bar and they treated us very well. They have tons of TVs and provided sound for the game. They have a great beer selection and food, and a few (cheap) specials.

They WILL be showing the Skins-Pats game on Saturday (8/26) @ 8PM. However, I haven't been able to reach the general manager about getting sound. So I can't promise sound for the game...it's on a Saturday night and they have a lot of clientel coming in at 9-10pm. But I will continue trying him to convince him.

In the meantime, if you'd like to give them your 2 cents about the sound idea, you can let them know by phone.

Mercury Bar - EASTSIDE

493 Third Ave.

New York, N.Y. 10016

212-683-2645

http://mercurybarnyc.com/

You can also get updates and check out my page on myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/nyc_skins_fans

HTTR! :logo:

• 2 weeks later...

We have secured a new Washington Redskins Headquarters in NYC for this season. The Mercury Bar (on the Eastside - 3rd Ave b/w 33rd and 34th St) will now host Redskins games. Every week the Skins game will be shown exclusively on 8 TVs, including 2 big screens. There will be drink and food specials every gameday. (For those who joined us last year, you likely know that SoHo bar has since been shuttered.) We're looking for a big turnout beginning Week 1 (7:00pm Monday, Sept. 11) and breaking out the Bandwagon for an outstanding season.

Spread the word to any other Skins fans you know in New York City.

PM me for more details.

HTTR!

Mercury Bar (Eastside)

493 Third Avenue (between 33rd and 34th Streets)

(212) 683-2645

http://www.mercurybarnyc.com

I am a local Washingtonian and a Die Hard Redskins Fan all my life... But, I work here in Stamford, CT during the week (Mon - Thurs). So, I am usually home for the Redskins game. This Monday night will be the first time away from home watching my beloved team. Can any of you guys tell me if it would be worth it for me to take a train to Grand Central sporting my authentic Portis jersey?? Maybe I will consider going down... Thanks!

Not sure how far Stamford is...but the bar is one subway stop from Grand Central, it's an early (7pm) game, it's our season opener, and you'll be seeing the game with a bunch of other die-hard Skins fans...so, yeah, it's worth it. :cheers:

Freak...this a much better deal than Q. You would've freaked out (no pun intended) if you had seen The Falls. It'll be a bar full of Skins fans. It's like being at home.

Alright, we are all geared up for the season opener and plan to be at Mercury Bar (Eastside) this coming Monday, Sept 11. The bar has everything we need in place and we're looking forward to making our mark there all season. I'm all sorts of excited to get this regular season going, and I'll look forward to seeing a lot of fans there starting next Monday. Go Skins!

MERCURY BAR (Eastside)

493 3rd Ave (between 33rd and 34th Streets)

(212) 683-2645

I'll definitely be at Mercury Bar this Monday as well for the season opener. I'm thrilled to be getting this regular season underway, and it seems like we'll have a force of fans at this spot.

For the back bar, they only remove the center tables on Thursday-Saturday evenings. So if you saw the layout they had in pre-season (the game against the Jets), you'll find much more seating back there on Sundays/Monday. They promised us to be well equipped for the Redskins season and look forward to supporting the Bugundy & Gold!

See you guys on Monday. Hail to the Redskins!

Archived