Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYC Skins fans: Season Opener @ Mercury Bar (Merged)

LaRou

Hey, all:

We had a great turnout last week at Mercury Bar and they treated us very well. They have tons of TVs and provided sound for the game. They have a great beer selection and food, and a few (cheap) specials.

They WILL be showing the Skins-Pats game on Saturday (8/26) @ 8PM. However, I haven't been able to reach the general manager about getting sound. So I can't promise sound for the game...it's on a Saturday night and they have a lot of clientel coming in at 9-10pm. But I will continue trying him to convince him.

In the meantime, if you'd like to give them your 2 cents about the sound idea, you can let them know by phone.

Mercury Bar - EASTSIDE

493 Third Ave.

New York, N.Y. 10016

212-683-2645

http://mercurybarnyc.com/

You can also get updates and check out my page on myspace...

http://www.myspace.com/nyc_skins_fans

HTTR!

Rou

Does this mean that ZLT might actually be making an appearance this season!!! :)

Hah! We'll see. I just setup a slingbox in NoVA, but I might make the trip down, particularly if I can convince my friend Matt to come down from CT.

...edit...

I'm not referring to 50GutCheck, for clarification. Someone completely different (as opposed to only partially different).

I will definitely be there (with my Portis jersey) and I know of more people who are coming.

But, remember, it's August and preseason. So a lot of people are out of town, on vacation, etc.

By the way, I would start an on-line meeting website (e.g., meetup.com) that allows people to rsvp. But I don't want to spend money on it. If anyone knows of a free site, let me know.

:cheers:

Another lifelong skins Fan and I have secured a new Washington Redskins Headquarters in NYC for this season. The Mercury Bar (on the Eastside - 3rd Ave b/w 33rd and 34th St) will now host Redskins games. Every week the Skins game will be shown exclusively on 8 TVs, including 2 big screens. There will be drink and food specials every gameday. (For those who joined us last year, you likely know that SoHo bar has since been shuttered.) We're looking for a big turnout beginning Week 1 (7:00pm Monday, Sept. 11) and breaking out the Bandwagon for an outstanding season.

Spread the word to any other Skins fans you know in New York. See you in a few weeks! - Barney

Hail to the Redskins!

Mercury Bar (Eastside)

493 Third Avenue (between 33rd and 34th Streets)

(212) 683-2645

http://www.mercurybarnyc.com/eastside/media/mercurybar.html

To whom it may concern,

Having not seen this thread and being an avid Skins fan that lives in NYC, i went through the trouble of finding a Skins bar too...and succeeded w/a really good venue. I don't want to knock another place or someone's efforts, however, I think Mercury bar (slightly north 33rd on 3rd) might be a better venue to watch the games. That being said, our agreement doesn't start until Opening day, 9/11 against the Vikings. I also posted the venue earlier today on Meetup.com to discover that Dorrian's on the UES is doing a similar thing. My thought is that NYC is a pretty big city and having options is not a bad thing. Feel free to join us at Mercury Bar this season...and i think i'm headed down to the madhatter this sunday...i mean, its for the skins! My original post is below:

We have secured a new Washington Redskins Headquarters in NYC for this season. The Mercury Bar (on the Eastside - 3rd Ave b/w 33rd and 34th St) will now host Redskins games. Every week the Skins game will be shown exclusively on 8 TVs, including 2 big screens. There will be drink and food specials every gameday. (For those who joined us last year, you likely know that SoHo bar has since been shuttered.) We're looking for a big turnout beginning Week 1 (7:00pm Monday, Sept. 11) and breaking out the Bandwagon for an outstanding season.

Spread the word to any other Skins fans you know in New York. See you in a few weeks!

Hail to the Redskins!

Mercury Bar (Eastside)

493 Third Avenue (between 33rd and 34th Streets)

(212) 683-2645

http://www.mercurybarnyc.com/eastside/media/mercurybar.html

Archived