Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980 - just cannot stand to listen anymore

HSW

"Could it possibly be that Collins has years of experience with this offense, and that Campbell is still learning it ?... Nah.. that would make to much sense."

could it be that Collins has little to no potential as an NFL QB? Come to think of it...how does 27 completions over 6-7 years rise to the level of "experience"? sense is as sense does.......to paraphrase the Gump school of football commentary

"Could it possibly be that Collins has years of experience with this offense, and that Campbell is still learning it ?... Nah.. that would make to much sense."

could it be that Collins has little to no potential as an NFL QB? Come to think of it...how does 27 completions over 6-7 years rise to the level of "experience"? sense is as sense does.......to paraphrase the Gump school of football commentary

He still is more familiar with the system than Jason is, which I can understand.

980's disgusting opinion that Gibbs thinks Jason can't handle the mental aspect because he is black is outrageous...

I actually got sick when I listened to Czaban yesterday on the radio (980). He said the reason that Campbell didn't go in immediately if Brunell went down is because Gibbs and the rest of the staff thought because he was black that he couldn't handle the brainwork of the 700 page playbook. I forgot to mention it yesterday, but it made me furious!!

Czabe is not only a putz, he is a moron

he is talking about Joe Gibbs, the OC in Tampa when Doug Williams was the first black QB takingin the first round, He was also the HC who started said Doug Williams in the Suber Bowl for the Redskins... also a first for black Quarterbacks, and he traded picks to move up to get Jason Campbell

Yeah Joe has concerns over a black QB's capabilities and ability to learn the position :rolleyes:

what a doofus

Their competition is Redskins radio. From Czabe on down there are a lot of bitter apples over ther. 980 is on its last leg. They are Washington's sports channel yet they broadcast Oriole's games, don't have a Redskins show or direct connection to the franchise anymore, and their biggest hitter is John Thompson, that although I'll always love what he did for local sports while he was coaching, is about as talented on the radio as Nicole Ritchie is to being overweight.

If ya dont like it then tune to something else.

I have said this before and I will say it again, I like the B-Mitch and John Thompson show. They keep it real and dont sugar coat anything. If I wanted something sugar coated then, then I would eat a glazed donut! But I really dont even like glazed. Just give the PLAIN donut, just like I like the PLAIN facts.

Some people can take harsh criticism and some cant. I like the balance. Right now (The past 4 weeks)...The Skins played like :crap: so I dont expect to hear a lot of positive things comming from the media or commentators. Everybody from B-Mitch, to Doc Walker, to Charles Mann gives us the blues. Once we start winning though, the tune will change.

I am not too crazy about Triple X Espn, b/c I dont really like the lineup. And Riggo gets listened to sparingly b/c he just cant compete with the JT show to me.

So again.....There are plenty of other radio stations to choose from if you dont like it...so tune into one of those.

That comment about Jason's race is absolutely absurd. Do they not realize that Joe Gibbs purposely sought and signed Doug Williams and made him the starting QB? This same "black" Quarterback led us to a huge Super Bowl win. Maybe that guy is kin to the one that asked Doug Williams "how long have you been a black quarterback?".

MC

Everybody from B-Mitch, to Doc Walker, to Charles Mann gives us the blues. Once we start winning though, the tune will change.

I think that right there is part of the problem.

These guys just love to pile and pile and pile some more, then when the sky doesn't fall and we have a good run (like last year) they act as if they knew all-along that the 'Skins would be ok.

Flip, flop, flip, flop.

I don't want my fellow fans or the media to be on the bandwagon, even if many of them aren't DC natives. 980 should change it's motto from "the voice of the fans" to "the voice of the contrarians."

If ya dont like it then tune to something else.

I have said this before and I will say it again, I like the B-Mitch and John Thompson show. They keep it real and dont sugar coat anything. If I wanted something sugar coated then, then I would eat a glazed donut! But I really dont even like glazed. Just give the PLAIN donut, just like I like the PLAIN facts.

Some people can take harsh criticism and some cant. I like the balance. Right now (The past 4 weeks)...The Skins played like :crap: so I dont expect to hear a lot of positive things comming from the media or commentators. Everybody from B-Mitch, to Doc Walker, to Charles Mann gives us the blues. Once we start winning though, the tune will change.

I am not too crazy about Triple X Espn, b/c I dont really like the lineup. And Riggo gets listened to sparingly b/c he just cant compete with the JT show to me.

So again.....There are plenty of other radio stations to choose from if you dont like it...so tune into one of those.

If you don't like the thread then read another one.

Brian Mitchell has gone way over the line. He acts and sounds like he doesn't care for the Redskins anymore. And does not show any resect for Joe Gibbs at all. Very disapointed in Brian Mitchell. He has the Jilted Lover routine down perfect. :mad:

Doc Walker is the only person on 980 I care to hear from. :applause:

Agreed! I don't listen to any other shows accept the John Thompson show now. Al is annoying, but I can deal with him. BMitch is the absolute WORST! The ESPN shows from morning to afternoon are horrible......... :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I can't stand 980, Czabe is almost unlistenable as far as i'm concerned, and B-Mitch seems like he has a personal vendetta to satisfy. B-Mitch comes across negative and resentful, almost like he's actively seeking out flaws to report on. As for Charles Mann, great player, but all he does is turn everything back to himself and how great he is. Lastly, the Jason Campbell comments are totally unacceptable.

Triple X is still growing, so I don't expect Riggo to be the only local full length show forever. I enjoy listning to him. The first couple weeks were pretty bad, but he's getting better and getting more comfortable. I don't think he sugarcoats things; rather, he simply isn't an alarmist.

980, in trying to distance itself from Triple X, has gone too far to the other side, almost becoming an enemy station on the local airwaves. I think they either need to scale back or risk losing all their listeners. I like JT and all, but I wouldn't shed a tear if 980 closed it's doors.

I was hoping someone would call him up and confront him about the issue, but no one ever did. He shouldn't be able to get away with crap like that...

Actually, a couple of the first callers they took after he started spewing that crap added a bit of, "Czabe, you are WAY off base with the race thing," comments to whatever they had to say.

What really pissed me off about it was that AFTER a couple of people said that, then he changed it up a bit and said that he wasn't actually SAYING that race was really DRIVING Gibbs' decision to only start Campbell in that situation...but that "it just looks bad".

How on earth can you be that blatantly ignorant and say something so stupid? Earth to Czabe :poke: ...how can it LOOK bad if nobody but your dumb butt sees it that way? I understand these media types like to stir up stuff and rouse the public into a frenzy...but there's a difference between provoking an existing argument and CREATING something insane! That's just irresponsible.

why would Gibbs have drafted Campbell in the first place if he didn't think a black quarterback could handle his offense? :laugh:

this is really a red herring thrown out there by the 980 crew because they don't have access to the team anymore and are trying to manufacture news.

WTEM-980 masquarades itself as THE Washington sports station, yet they don't carry either Redskins or Nationals games.

I'm glad to see that several of you were also upset by the racist comments coming from Brian Mitchell and Steve Szaban! In an effort to prove how unbiased they are with Redskins coverage they've become biased in the other direction. I haven't heard either of these racists give one fact to support their conclusion of racism leading the Redskins to consider both QBs the back-up.

1. Gibbs got into the hall of fame with three different QBs going to 4 different Superbowls. He had both black and white QBs, running backs, and just about every other position. He simply played the players with the most heart and brains! How else could he have been the first coach with a black QB to win the Superbowl?

2. Campbell has talents that Collins doesn't but needs to practice specific plays before being asked to lead the team in a real game. The 2nd string QB doesn't get practice snaps. Collins has been around enough plays to come in on the fly. Campbell is smart enough but not EXPERIENCED enough!

3. This QB arrangement allows both QBs to keep their confidence up and remain ready for game day.

I wish 980 would stop calling themselves the voice of the fan and say what they really are which is the voice of the bitter remains of 980. :notworthy

Archived