Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

980 - just cannot stand to listen anymore

HSW

I don't know about anybody else but I can only stand to

listen to 980 for about 2 min before their constant whinning

about how bad the skins are makes me change. This is all

the way from the morning to the afternoon shows.

WTF is going on over there?

they are simply taking an angle that you don't want to agree with or acknowledge. it's the same reason i refuse to watch foxnews. but sometimes you have to to get a different view so you don't blind yourself.

Naw, I don't mind a different point of view...just do not want

to hear about it non-stop over and over again. Especially

from a "local" sports show. If I want skins bashing I can

go to just about any cable or national network show.

I hate most of the shows, but I do prefer the ones with local coverage. I like Czabe, Riggins, John Thompson in that order. Redskins Lunch is OK but not great...they do tend to be the show that breaks new developments at Redskins park. I dislike Mike & Mike, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd and a few others.

I just can't stand the Riggins show. As great a football player as he was, he's an awful radio host. Like I want to hear him talking about the birthday party he took his family to over the weekend.

I totally agree! I would never have thought I would be switching

from the John Thompson show to the Riggins show...well I actually

only switch when Al Cokin is talking a lot. Doc and Coach are

still great.

I hate most of the shows, but I do prefer the ones with local coverage. I like Czabe, Riggins, John Thompson in that order. Redskins Lunch is OK but not great...they do tend to be the show that breaks new developments at Redskins park. I dislike Mike & Mike, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd and a few others.

I think the Riggins show probably has the best game breaking news

by far. Their access is just unbeatable. That is his one saving

grace. Mike & Mike used to be a lot better but they have

basically turned their show into the "Cold Pizza" of the airwaves.

I will not listen to Dan Patrick eithor.

I actually got sick when I listened to Czaban yesterday on the radio (980). He said the reason that Campbell didn't go in immediately if Brunell went down is because Gibbs and the rest of the staff thought because he was black that he couldn't handle the brainwork of the 700 page playbook. I forgot to mention it yesterday, but it made me furious!!

Brian Mitchell has gone way over the line. He acts and sounds like he doesn't care for the Redskins anymore. And does not show any resect for Joe Gibbs at all. Very disapointed in Brian Mitchell. He has the Jilted Lover routine down perfect. :mad:

Doc Walker is the only person on 980 I care to hear from. :applause:

Brian Mitchell has gone way over the line. He acts and sounds like he doesn't care for the Redskins anymore. And does not show any resect for Joe Gibbs at all. Very disapointed in Brian Mitchell. He has the Jilted Lover routine down perfect. :mad:

Doc Walker is the only person on 980 I care to hear from. :applause:

I totally agree about Brian Mitchell. He talks bad about everyone from

Snyder down to the players...he needs to wake up and realize who

his customer base is!:doh:

I actually got sick when I listened to Czaban yesterday on the radio (980). He said the reason that Campbell didn't go in immediately if Brunell went down is because Gibbs and the rest of the staff thought because he was black that he couldn't handle the brainwork of the 700 page playbook. I forgot to mention it yesterday, but it made me furious!!

Yeah, I heard that while driving into work. He kept saying how

Jason Campbell should be upset because it was a racial issue.

He always does stupid things like that. He will say stupid

stuff to piss off black people and then say that everyone is

too "PC". Then he will turn around and say the skins

are racist...:doh:

Yeah, I heard that while driving into work. He kept saying how

Jason Campbell should be upset because it was a racial issue.

He always does stupid things like that. He will say stupid

stuff to piss off black people and then say that everyone is

too "PC". Then he will turn around and say the skins

are racist...:doh:

I was hoping someone would call him up and confront him about the issue, but no one ever did. He shouldn't be able to get away with crap like that...

I'm fine with critical views of the team. There are always multiple ways to view a set of facts and reach an informed opinion.

My problem with 980---or most any sportstalk radio, for that matter---is that precious little of what one hears seems to based on anything beyond generating buzz. They misrepresent, misreport or fully omit facts, don't try to provide context, and often seem to have an agenda. In 980's case, at present that agenda looks like trying to fill the "anti" niche insofar as the Skins. Likely in direct reaction to Red Zebra.

It's all about stirring people to call the station. And that's too bad. I've held out hope for many years that at some point someone would develop a thinking-man's version of sportstalk radio. Maybe someday. :)

Yeah he was saying that Skins do not want to have J. Campbell as a game-day backup because J. Campbell is black... :doh: I mean, surely that has nothing to do with this being Campbell's second year in the league... or Gibbs wanting more time to tune a gameplan for him... or allowing Campbell to mentally prepare himself for a game... :doh:

Good to hear I'm not the only one disgusted by such stupidity.

I was hoping someone would call him up and confront him about the issue, but no one ever did. He shouldn't be able to get away with crap like that...

Wow, I'm awfully surprised he didn't get in a lot of trouble for that one. That's just entirely ridiculous to say, what an idiot.

Yeah he was saying that Skins do not want to have J. Campbell as a game-day backup because J. Campbell is black... :doh: I mean, surely that has nothing to do with this being Campbell's second year in the league... or Gibbs wanting more time to tune a gameplan for him... or allowing Campbell to mentally prepare himself for a game... :doh:

Good to hear I'm not the only one disgusted by such stupidity.

Could it possibly be that Collins has years of experience with this offense, and that Campbell is still learning it ?... Nah.. that would make to much sense :doh:

Pez, don't you know that black people can't comprehend anything? C'mon man! I mean your post was over 20 (I had to get a white person to do the word count for me, I can't count past eleventeen) words and I almost got lost because I couldn't comprehend it all. I mean you saw at Training Camp where they had Jason Campbell playing with building blocks, and legos, right? I just hope that Al Saunders playbook comes in an "I Can Read" format (much like the Cat in the Hat), because otherwise I fear for my black brother out there on the field.

Czaban is a certified dumbass.

Pez, don't you know that black people can't comprehend anything? C'mon man! I mean your post was over 20 (I had to get a white person to do the word count for me, I can't count past eleventeen) words and I almost got lost because I couldn't comprehend it all. I mean you saw at Training Camp where they had Jason Campbell playing with building blocks, and legos, right? I just hope that Al Saunders playbook comes in an "I Can Read" format (much like the Cat in the Hat), because otherwise I fear for my black brother out there on the field.

Nice Joe :laugh:

See Jason Run...

jason_cambell.jpg

See Jason Pass...

PH2006051300791.jpg

Pass, Jason Pass !!

241127.jpg

"they are simply taking an angle that you don't want to agree with or acknowledge. it's the same reason i refuse to watch foxnews. but sometimes you have to to get a different view so you don't blind yourself."

good point. same reason I abhor the Washington Post, NY Times, CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN and any spokesperson for the Democratic party! One has to go out on his/her own & engage to really learn what is going on and how things work.

Archived