Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PER WTEM Ikechuwu Ndukwe Waived...NOW REDSKINS.com COnfirms

StevieInferior

Doesn't matter, he was a starter in this league, and now he's our backup. Thats what I call depth.

Depends on how you look at it. It's not the greatest pick-up if he was waived by a team and OL that gave up more sacks than any other in the league. :doh: Never know though, maybe he's better than I am hoping for.

28804.jpg

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=28804

Pro Career

2004: Played in 14 games, starting 13 at right tackle…inactive for two games…helped offense set club records in first downs (300), total yards (5,128), rushing yards (1,882), passing yards (3,246), completion percentage (60.7), touchdowns (37) and points (309)…made Texans debut in season opener against San Diego (9/12).

2003: Started all 16 games at right tackle for the Dolphins…helped RB Ricky Williams rush for 1,372 yards and nine TDs…aided 187-yard rushing effort in win at Jets (9/14)…part of line that didn’t allow a sack in overtime win over Baltimore (11/16)…helped offense engineer two fourth-quarter TD drives in 24-23 triumph over Washington (11/23)…helped QB Jay Fiedler throw three TD passes without getting sacked in Thanksgiving Day win at Dallas (11/27)…aided offense that rushed for 177 yards against Philadelphia (12/15).

2002: Started all 16 games at right tackle…helped Williams lead the NFL in rushing with 1,853 yards and the Dolphins record their highest single-season rushing total in 19 years (2,502 yards)…missed just 19 offensive snaps, all in season-opening win over Detroit (9/8)…earned offensive game ball after win over Jets (9/22) in which club rushed for 211 yards…also earned offensive game ball after win over San Diego (11/24)…team rushed for 222 yards in that contest.

2001: Started 15 games at right tackle…inactive at Jets (10/14) with left knee sprain…marked first (and still only) career game missed…took part in every offensive snap in 12 games…part of line that allowed just 27 sacks, second-fewest in the conference…also started wild card playoff loss to Baltimore (1/13).

2000: Started all 16 games and two playoff contests as a rookie…became the first Dolphins offensive lineman to start all 16 games as a rookie since fellow tackle Richmond Webb in 1990…helped offense rush for 1,894 yards and allow just 28 sacks…made NFL debut in 23-0 win over Seattle (9/3)…earned NFL Co-Rookie of the Month (along with Redskins OT Chris Samuels) for October after helping Dolphins average 154.3 rushing yards over four games…marked only second time an offensive line had garnered the honor (Seahawks OT Walter Jones, Oct. 1997)…only missed one quarter of action, that at Buffalo (12/3) when he left with a calf injury

Love the pickup. This guy has extensive STARTING experience and will provide insurance should Jansen or Samuels go down. Molinaro and Ndukwe have ZERO starts combined and very little playing experience whatsoever. To me this was a glaring hole that needed to be addressed ASAP.

This is a great move. He brings experience and all to a team that needs it. He was with Norv in Miami and was pretty successful there running the same offense we run here. I see this as a very smart move by the FO! We need expereince in our depth.

:doh: Wasn't David Carr sacked a record number of times the past two years.

:laugh: yea but you can't pin that on one guy. I've never seen him play so I don't know what he brings to the table but any depth at this point is a good thing, if Buges didn't like him they wouldn't have brought him in IMO

The Folau release was surprising, but I like the Wade signing, if anything just cause I have heard his name mentioned more often. The Dolphins o-line with Ricky Williams was also really good, and he was a starter there. He will be a backup for us hopefully. It is strange though that none of our young prospects panned out. Tyson Walter and Mike Pucillo won out, along with Molinaro. I was pulling for Jasper Harvey and Ndukwe.

Archived