Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nobody is Picking Skins to Make the Super Bowl

UltimateSkins

In all the media predictions I've been through, nobody has picked the Skins to win the Super Bowl. It's always Panthers Seahawks with a Cowboys thrown in here and there. Do you guys believe that some of the so called "experts" would have picked the Skins if they had a stronger showing in the preseason?

I also find it strange how everyone just assumes the Colts are going to win the AFC. They have yet to not choke in the playoffs. Would anyone honestly be surprised if they lost in their first playoff game to Pittsburgh again?

With all these "Experts" stating that preseason means nothing, and than contradicting themselves by stating the Bengals will be in the Superbowl after one great game from C. Palmer. It was a great showing, but one game doesnt prove he will be healthy.

I listen to Sirius, and there are some good and some bad experts there, but for the most part they are going with what they see. If by week 3 we are a differnt team than we showed in preseason, I imagine some will change their song and some wont.

The fact is, Any team in the league could win it all- Just some have better odds. I like our odds but I also see a team like Carolina going very far. I don't really buy into the Miami hype (maybe Im overstating it). I just dont though.

This time last year no one was picking us to make the playoffs. Now we have upgraded to the superbowl? Pretty soon its going to be how can ESPN not have us ranked in the top ten after we win against the Vikings. I don't understand the need for everyone to want the media to love us, who cares. We just need to love ourselves, and by that I mean the redskins.

If we scored in the preseason, maybe we'd be mentioned in the NFC championship game, but thats not how it went down.

In the end, all this crap doesn't matter.

As said...its nothing to lose sleep over.

I like being the under dog...especially when I feel really good about the team. It makes the victories that much sweeter.

I like it- I think we have to be behind our kickers also....They are part of the team too. And probably are more affected by critcism than anyone. Kickers are ussually soft.:)

I agree, we should be talking about how symmetrically perfect Hall's extra points have been this year. They're a thing of beauty.

Archived