Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What will the RB picture look like now?

UpNorth

With Lumsden gone after never even being given a chance, and a 4th preseason loss, what will be the end result of the depth that still remains at RB?

If Portis is ready for week 1, does Cartwright stil make the team? That would mean carrying Portis, Duckett, Rock, and Ladell, plus Sellers and Broughton? Or do one of the FBs go?

I don't think Rock Cartwright is anything special, and with the way the offense has looked, blocking FBs are needed, so who will survive?

With Lumsden gone after never even being given a chance, and a 4th preseason loss, what will be the end result of the depth that still remains at RB?

If Portis is ready for week 1, does Cartwright stil make the team? That would mean carrying Portis, Duckett, Rock, and Ladell, plus Sellers and Broughton? Or do one of the FBs go?

I don't think Rock Cartwright is anything special, and with the way the offense has looked, blocking FBs are needed, so who will survive?

Hold on there North, you cant say that Lumsden wasnt given a chance, because that is something he was given. I am a Lumsden fan, and i read up on him through the offseason, and the compliments he got in the offseason activities and in the beginning of camp. i was pulling for him and defending him against those who would bash him strictly for being Canadian. He hurt his hip... again. He got his chance in the scrimmage,and did half way decent, but after that he hurt his hip and was limited in his touches. That is in no way the fault of the Redskins. If I am not mistaken this is the same injury that caused Seattle to not sign him. If Im the Redskins and see that he has a recent history of hip injury, and he just broke down again here..... couple that with the fact that we have the capacity to obtain a back the caliber of Duckett, Id pull that trigger too, its just a shame that Lumsden couldnt avoid injury. Granted, he didnt recieve many touches in preseason, but if he's injured then you cant expect him to get many touches, why send an injured player on the field to give a poor showing when we have a stable of runningbacks looking for the oppritunity to show coaches what they have to give? It is unfortunate that Lumsden couldnt make the 53 man roster here in Washington, but his decline didnt start until he got injured, and that in no way is the fault of the Redskins. He did get his chance, too bad he got injured while being given his chance.

I guess my living room carpet is safe. Good luck Jesse. I never not liked you because you came from Canada, I just didn't think you had a chance to make the team with too many good RB's on this team.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I remember that! and yes, you were absolutely right. You did call it even before Duckett threads began popping up on this board. Good call on that one.

Why do people say Lumsden didnt get a fair chance? He is NFL camp fodder material at best. He runs too high and lacks the east/west quickness to be a good RB in the NFL. How was he never given a chance when the rb's in front of him are flat out better? They dont owe him a favor.

you are half baked...rock sucks...nemo is a blimp...TJ needs a ticket to a buffet....CP is all world and Ladell is a great backup...but JL makes the practice roster and with this much natural skill...JG makes him into a contributor next year...not a star...a contributor

Nemo can make the practice squad if we cut him. I'm down with that, but I don't really even know why. Why do I like this guy who hasn't shown me much of anything. Must be the name.

I guess that means he has a good chance to be the next "Rock" then! Be honest, who else instantly loved Rock once we heard that we drafted a dude in the 7th round named "Rock"! (Don't get me wrong, he has proved he can cut it in the NFL and I like him now for his play and his heart... but it was definately the name at first.)

Hold on there North, you cant say that Lumsden wasnt given a chance, because that is something he was given. I am a Lumsden fan, and i read up on him through the offseason, and the compliments he got in the offseason activities and in the beginning of camp. i was pulling for him and defending him against those who would bash him strictly for being Canadian. He hurt his hip... again. He got his chance in the scrimmage,and did half way decent, but after that he hurt his hip and was limited in his touches. That is in no way the fault of the Redskins. If I am not mistaken this is the same injury that caused Seattle to not sign him. If Im the Redskins and see that he has a recent history of hip injury, and he just broke down again here..... couple that with the fact that we have the capacity to obtain a back the caliber of Duckett, Id pull that trigger too, its just a shame that Lumsden couldnt avoid injury. Granted, he didnt recieve many touches in preseason, but if he's injured then you cant expect him to get many touches, why send an injured player on the field to give a poor showing when we have a stable of runningbacks looking for the oppritunity to show coaches what they have to give? It is unfortunate that Lumsden couldnt make the 53 man roster here in Washington, but his decline didnt start until he got injured, and that in no way is the fault of the Redskins. He did get his chance, too bad he got injured while being given his chance.

In the preseason games he wasn't man. Not nearly the opportunity other guys were given. Just a bit of inside info, he was told by the offensieve coordinator that he would get a quarter and a half in the game against New England, then they put in Mike Sellers, a FB at tailback before getting Jesse in there.

So he was given a shot in the scrimmage, so what, apparently that means nothing because he was the best RB there by all accounts. After the BS he went through, the fact that he didn't blow up and give someone a shot in the mouth when he got called into the office is a testament to his character, because I know what I'd have done.

Archived