Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbells snap count

Skins81

Also Campbell looks TERRIBLE! He looks confused, happy feet, bad passes, etc.

The run was nice but we need to see more out of him than this.

Maybe he's just confused by the offense or the offensive line really is this bad. We should have signed more good OL depth!

a heavy rush does that :doh:

BTW most of these guys will be gone Saturday

Maybe he's just confused by the offense or the offensive line really is this bad. We should have signed more good OL depth!

maybe he just wants to live, i mean cant expect to much when theres already a defender past the line before he gets the ball

This is ridiculous! Jason isn't even getting a chance at all. I'm just going on what I'm hearing on XXX but how in the hell is he supposed to do anything with the way our offensive line is blocking.

What was the need to start Brunell tonight? This would have been a good chance to let him play a little with atleast some of the starters in a real game situation. I don't know Gibbs made it sound like he was going to get a chance to play alot this preseason wich led me to believe he was going to get a look and see what he could do. He hasn't got a chance to prove anything this preseason if you ask me. They must have real doubts about Campbell for some reason.

the backup offensive linemen look as bad as I have seen 'em in a Redskins uniform :doh:

Molinaro you can understand the rust, he is coming back from knee surgery, but the other players just don't seem to be able to win their one on one matchups against similarly slotted backup defenders for the Ravens.

Ndukwe looks slower than Molasses dripping out of a bottle.

The only glaring developmental issue I saw from Campbell was he never looked off the coverage. As soon as the ball was snapped or found he found the guy he wanted, he locked onto them and took forever to get the ball there. I understand its a new offense and all, but he really seems like he is relying on his arm strength too much. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be fine and he didn't get much of a chance running for his life last night, but he has a little more work to do and I think he will be fine. Peace, HTTR!!!

#79 was tipping off the snap count

Was he playing left D-end? Whoever it was, was two full steps faster than our right tackle....

I understand needing to our backups some time, but it's tough for Campbell to get much good practice when he can even make a 3 step drop, plant and throw...

give him a better line instead of 2-3 stringers and 1st team recievers and u just might see a better jc.

Was he playing left D-end? Whoever it was, was two full steps faster than our right tackle....

I understand needing to our backups some time, but it's tough for Campbell to get much good practice when he can even make a 3 step drop, plant and throw...

no our OT #79, He was lifting up a 1/2 beat before every snap, tipping off the defense

#79 was tipping off the snap count

Yep, that was Folau. I was actually surprised he didn't get flagged several times for moving.

I also think that Campbell may be doing something to tip off the defenders because the Ravens were getting great jumps while he was in there. I watched some of the game again this morning and had to TIVO it back and forth on three or four plays to see if they were offside but they weren't. Just great timing. It wasn't as much of an issue when Brunell and Collins were in there. That is something that can be corrected though.

As for the poster who said Campbell was terrible. What were you watching? Happy feet is not running for your life when the defenders are already at you when you get back to your 5th step in your drop. Happy feet is dancing around looking uncomfortable when you have good protection (see Patrick Ramsey last preseason).

I wouldn't say he was terrible but the "happy feet" comment does hold a little water. He made some bad decisions in there, floating a few balls that were almost picked and he needs to learn when to throw the ball away rather than use his feet to try and make something happen. All is correctable though. I've never been sold on Campbell as a starter this year or anytime soon, especially like some are here on ES, but I think he his making improvements and may end up being a solid QB in the years to come. I certainly hope so for what we gave up for him.

Archived