Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stadium Information Needed!!

Duke

I'm going to the Skins/Vikings game but this is going to be my first time ever to FedEx Field.

I'm flying to BWI and going to rent a car. The question is, I don't have a parking pass and need to park the car, where do I park it? I know there is a cash lot but how far is it from the stadium and how much? Is it worth it or should I try to buy a pass out of eBay? I'm going with my wife and a 3 YO daughter so I have to make sure that it's going to be a smooth trip.

Thanks for every helpful and further info. See you there!! :cheers:

The shuttles for the cash parking can be a bit of a hassle, but then again getting out of the Green Lots can be too if you rush out the same time as everyone else.

I think the cash lots were $25 last year and are $30 or $35 this year, but I am not sure but those would be decent ball park numbets.

I would get a parking pass off of Ebay if you can find a decent deal. I noticed some reasonable prices on the Red and Blue lots. These are more desirable than the cash parking because it is reasonable walk. Green lots are the most popular, arguably, the best for tailgating, and closer to the stadium than Red or Blue. Orange and Purple are closest to the stadium and usually are linked to premium tickets. Tailgating in Orange and Purple is bit tame compared to the other lots, but they close in.

If you're bringing your daughter I'd recommend getting a parking pass off of ebay or something. The cash lot sucks and you'll be packed into a bus with way too many people. If you plan to tailgate hard do a red pass otherwise it really doesn't matter. Give yourself plenty of time to get there since you don't know where you're going and fans crossing the road don't care much if you're running late.

The shuttles for the cash parking can be a bit of a hassle, but then again getting out of the Green Lots can be too if you rush out the same time as everyone else.

I think the cash lots were $25 last year and are $30 or $35 this year, but I am not sure but those would be decent ball park numbets.

I would get a parking pass off of Ebay if you can find a decent deal. I noticed some reasonable prices on the Red and Blue lots. These are more desirable than the cash parking because it is reasonable walk. Green lots are the most popular, arguably, the best for tailgating, and closer to the stadium than Red or Blue. Orange and Purple are closest to the stadium and usually are linked to premium tickets. Tailgating in Orange and Purple is bit tame compared to the other lots, but they close in.

Thanks for your input. I will probably settle for a pass now. We have no problem waiting at the end of the game though since we've already booked a hotel.

If you're bringing your daughter I'd recommend getting a parking pass off of ebay or something. The cash lot sucks and you'll be packed into a bus with way too many people. If you plan to tailgate hard do a red pass otherwise it really doesn't matter. Give yourself plenty of time to get there since you don't know where you're going and fans crossing the road don't care much if you're running late.

Yeah, that's what I've heard negatively about the cash lots. I have to skip tailgating this time around since it's going to be a family trip. :)

Thanks bro.

Duke, I'm in the same boat as you. There's some green parking passes on ebay, PM me if you're going to bid on any of them. There's no point in the 2 of us getting into a bidding war.....

EDIT: Here's a link to 10. Prices all over the place

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=Redskins+green+parking+9%2F11&category0=

Duke, I'm in the same boat as you. There's some green parking passes on ebay, PM me if you're going to bid on any of them. There's no point in the 2 of us getting into a bidding war.....

EDIT: Here's a link to 10. Prices all over the place

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=Redskins+green+parking+9%2F11&category0=

check your PM.

The cash lots aren't bad before the game, but after the game the shuttle lines are madness. Everyone heads to the shuttles at the same time after the game and it's general chaos around there. I had to use the cash lots for 2 games last year and both times we ended up walking back to the lot because it was so crazy at the shuttle line. Thankfully I have a green lot pass this year with a friend of mine.

We've taken our son when he was a toddler to a few games. He was definitely either exhausted or asleep by the end. Especially night games.

We ended up buying orange or purple passes off craigs list and it was well worth it to be able to carry him the short walk to our car and let him sleep comfortably in his carseat until we got home.

I'd definitely pick Metro over parking at FedEx Field. There's no point in not taking Metro...Just drive the rental car to Landover Station and catch a shuttle.

How far from the Metro station to FedEx? Is that a long walk? Is the Metro going to be packed as well?

Thanks for your input. I'll think about that too.

How far from the Metro station to FedEx? Is that a long walk? Is the Metro going to be packed as well?

The metro is usually packed but it lets out a just short walk from the stadium.It probably is the best way to go unless your child is real young.If that is the case I would recomend parking pass.

It's only 2 miles if you go from Landover and take the $5 metrobus shuttle.

>One mile if you walk from Morgan Boulevard.

Yes. Metro is packed but it's still 100% worth it over driving on Opening MNF. Traffic up here sucks.

Your best bet is to either drive to Greenbelt then take Metro to Landover and catch the shuttle or drive to Landover station, park and catch the shuttle.

Archived