Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jet's announce Pennington as starter

graffjd

I think I've heard this before. :doh:

One must perform adequately to get an opportunity.

The Jets had it in for him from the beginning. Just because he wasn't "their guy" to begin with. They're going to go with an old beat-up has-been instead of giving the guy a fair chance to start. Same old NFL.

Pennington won't last long. And most of the fans hate him. PR will be in by week 5 or 6. He always played better in the reg season than pre so he might be able to finally get a shot. But geez, if he can't win out as starting QB for the Jets maybe he wasn't as good as some of us (myself included) thought.

The Jets had it in for him from the beginning. Just because he wasn't "their guy" to begin with. They're going to go with an old beat-up has-been instead of giving the guy a fair chance to start. Same old NFL.

Well behind that line, he'll just get more beat up. I'm actually somewhat relieved that Ramsey isn't starting. I think as long as he makes the team, he'll get some game time eventually, because Pennington is going to take a beating and they don't want to throw Clemens to the wolves. I really wish Ramsey was playing for a team with a better line though. I'd hate to see him have to relive the "Chuck 'n duck" days.

It's not Ramsey's arm that gets called into question. It's the part north of the neck. The guy's not a victim. While Pennington hasn't exactly been great, Patrick hasn't done anything to separate himself. You have to deliver a knockout punch to take out the incumbent QB and Patrick hasn't shown that he has progressed since leaving here.

Archived