Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders Comments on comcast sportnight

Lavarleap56

In regards to playing starters longer for ravens game:

"There is a procedure that we are following and we have a plan that started in OTAS to develop in a timely fashion what we would like to devolp in a offensive unit. Certanily we would have liked for Santana to catch that ball on the three yard line, we would of liked for someone to have made a first down when we didnt make a first down"

"When you use tactics and schemes to camoflauge some deficencies in pre-seaseon it doesnt get yoou any better. You know the last team here that went undefeated in pre-season was in 2002 they averaged 37 points a game and they ended up 7-9 that year, that was steve spurriers first year. The last team here that went 0-4 in the pre-season... in 1982 and the 32 games after that there record was 28-4"

" I would like to look at the idea that pre-season might not sometimes eqate to success during the season if you have a plan and a procedure in what you do"

So everyone chill out and wait till september 11th to draw conclusions about this team!!!

"There is a procedure that we are following and we have a plan that started in OTAS to develop in a timely fashion what we would like to devolp in a offensive unit. Certanily we would have liked for Santana to catch that ball on the three yard line, we would of liked for someone to have made a first down when we didnt make a first down"

"When you use tactics and schemes to camoflauge some deficencies in pre-seaseon it doesnt get yoou any better. You know the last team here that went undefeated in pre-season was in 2002 they averaged 37 points a game and they ended up 7-9 that year, that was steve spurriers first year. The last team here that went 0-4 in the pre-season... in 1982 and the 32 games after that there record was 28-4"

" I would like to look at the idea that pre-season might not sometimes eqate to success during the season if you have a plan and a procedure in what you do"

So everyone chill out and wait till september 11th to draw conclusions about this team!!!

Is there a link that says what he said.

not a link.. was a interview on t.v. had to run the tivo back and forth but this is the exact quotes

Well if someone writes a artcle about what he said and then you get one.Or if anyone can find a link can you please post it.I need that artcle for some forums.So i can shut some Cowgirls up.

I literally laugh at the people on this site who go nuts over the preseason. I barely watch the preseason. It's boaring god awful football. The only reason I went to the last preseason game was to see the view of my new season tickets and to tailgate. I cant believe how much people put into the preseason. A preseason game is only a shell of a real football game. There's no momentum factor because no one cares, you're seeing a dummied down version of the offense and the defense already knows their good and are just playing not to be hurt. A football game with the intent of evaluations is like watching grass grow. If the Skins lose when the object is to win, then you get worried. People who act all scared over the preseason really dont know alot about football.

you're seeing a dummied down version of the offense.

Yep the colts lost all their preseason games and peyton looked horrible but they went on to win 12 straight....newsflash? peyton looked great? oh ok so the starters on the colts played good but they lost every preseason game but won 12 straight.

Newsflash....

Every player on the Redskins played BAD.

But it's only preseason who cares? :doh:

The preseason has two kinds of significance:

1) it's often the cause of injuries that greatly affect a team's prospects for the year; and

2) it sorts out who gets what position on the depth chart with regards to contested positions (something we don't have much of this year).

Other than that, it has next to no meaning whatsoever.

Not that I disagree with him necessarily, but using that 2002 statistic shows how insecure/defensive he's getting about this. There's no need to cherry-pick random years of preseasons past... just say we aren't executing, that we need to do much better, and leave it at that. Enough of the excuse-making regarding our performance.

Funny Doc Walker and Riggo find some concern in their play. But hey they only played for Gibbs and know how he does preseason. What do they know?

Funny... Doc Walker and Riggo have radio shows where their job is to be objective to create a buzz. The truth is no one cares about the preseason. no matter what anyone in the media says, the players do not care. You dont get amped for a preseason game, theres no atmosphere, and thats what football is all about.

The preseason has two kinds of significance:

1) it's often the cause of injuries that greatly affect a team's prospects for the year; and

2) it sorts out who gets what position on the depth chart with regards to contested positions (something we don't have much of this year).

Other than that, it has next to no meaning whatsoever.

I will go out on a limb and say the preseason since Snyder bought the team has been pretty close to how we play in the regular season.

But hey, what do I know?

Yep the colts lost all their preseason games and peyton looked horrible but they went on to win 12 straight....newsflash? peyton looked great? oh ok so the starters on the colts played good but they lost every preseason game but won 12 straight.

Newsflash....

Every player on the Redskins played BAD.

But it's only preseason who cares? :doh:

Huh? Anyways, you can harp on the preseason all you want to. Wake me up when the season starts.

Funny... Doc Walker and Riggo have radio shows where their job is to be objective to create a buzz. The truth is no one cares about the preseason. no matter what anyone in the media says, the players do not care. You dont get amped for a preseason game, theres no atmosphere, and thats what football is all about.

You don't care that the offense looks absolutely incompetent. It is reminiscent of the last 1.5 years when Brunell was incompetent as a qb as was our offense? I mean last year was a great year for the team, but half of the year was offensively offensive. It's looking like much of the same.

I'll add you to my eat crow list ;):D

Exactly!

Funny, seems to Coach Saunders didn't mention anything about being unconcerned, he simply said that " I would like to look at the idea that pre-season might not sometimes eqate to success during the season if you have a plan and a procedure in what you do"

And hey, he only coaches for Joe Gibbs.

You don't care that the offense looks absolutely incompetent. It is reminiscent of the last 1.5 years when Brunell was incompetent as a qb as was our offense? I mean last year was a great year for the team, but half of the year was offensively offensive. It's looking like much of the same.

I'll add you to my eat crow list ;):D

Honest to god I dont care. Saunders is just calling plays to see which player can do what going head up right now. We've barely seen any motions, pre-snap shifts, nor have we seen any audibles. We havent tried to confuse the defense once. Thats the point of offense to confuse the defense. Right now he wants to see which guys are tough, however in the NFL everyone is tough so if there is no element of surprise the offense is going to get stuffed 9 out of 10 times. Thats what we are seeing.

Archived