Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenny Wright vs Ade Jimoh

Taylor 21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, we are looking for a solid Nickle back. Who would you guys go with as of right now? I know we havent seen much of Kenny Wright, but the times I have seen him, he did poorly one game, then did great another, and then did poorly again. Jimoh has been known for getting burnt, but last season he did pretty well in the games he played. Like the Broncos game. He did good. So who would you guys go with as of right now for the Nickle back Spot? My Vote goes Ade Jimoh as of right now. If Wright will show me something on a constant basis then maybe my vote will change.

Ade has improved greatly over the past couple of seasons and on what little I've seen of Wright, he seems to be more like Ade was a few years ago. That could be attributed to getting used to Williams' defense but a few of his mistakes, ( whoops. How did he get back there), can't be. That said, things could change when he gets used to the Williams defense. Right now, lean a littltowards Ade, but with a close eye on Wright, ( probably why he was brought in).

Hmmmmm, lets think about this for second....

Jimoh - Has been burned MANY times on a consistent basis. Has a had a few good plays here and there.

Wright - Was the #2 CB of the #7 ranked defense in the league last year (Jaguars) and has plenty of starting expierence.

Perhaps so, but he has been less than stellar in preseason...

The fact that Jimoh is winning by 21 votes speaks to the downgrade in intelligence this board has experienced since the merger. Are you friggin' KIDDING me?? I love Jimoh, and will defend him to the death to keep him on the roster, but Kenny Wright is clearly a level above him.

The fact that Jimoh is winning by 21 votes speaks to the downgrade in intelligence this board has experienced since the merger. Are you friggin' KIDDING me?? I love Jimoh, and will defend him to the death to keep him on the roster, but Kenny Wright is clearly a level above him.

I voted for Wright. One of the 4 votes. LOL

He def. has the starter experience and i think he is more than qualified for the nickle corner position. Jimoh excels of special teams but thats about it.

No. It speaks to the fact we have a more diverse opinion around here. Knock it off with that kind of stuff jrock. You should know better.

Perhaps so, but he has been less than stellar in preseason...

by contrast the team itself has looked really crisp. But onto the thread, Wright will be fine, Jimoh did not get burnt often last year, and yes Walt Harris was toasted often. The thing I worry about in the secondary is Arch covering TE's like Watson, and the slew in the NFCE. We may need to have Taylor do his job against the better TE's that we will be facing.

The questions was "Who would you guys go with as of right now?" If we are voting for right now it would have to be Jimoh. He has played in this defense with Williams since Williams has been here and has improved each year. Wright just got here and looks lost out there.

by contrast the team itself has looked really crisp. But onto the thread, Wright will be fine, Jimoh did not get burnt often last year, and yes Walt Harris was toasted often. The thing I worry about in the secondary is Arch covering TE's like Watson, and the slew in the NFCE. We may need to have Taylor do his job against the better TE's that we will be facing.

The team is what it is when Wright is constantly turned around and getting burned on TD passes.

I know CBs are supposed to have a forget things quick mentality but fans normally dont. I still remember when Jimoh was getting burned repeatedly and all of us calling for his heads 2 years ago. The guy hasnt improved enough to be a capable nickel corner in this league. Our CBs should be Springs, Rogers, Wright, Rumph with taylor, archuleta, prileau and antuan edwards.

I dont know where walt harris is now but i knew from the start he wouldnt work out here. He is a cover 2 cb so if he has to cover anybody one on one hell get burned.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I have to go along with those of you who say Jimoh is showing some improvement. Kenny was called a few times for some bad plays/penalties against the Pats. It will be interesting to see how he performs against the Ravens for his last chance at making the team.

Archived