Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jon Jansen???

FuriousD

Can Jansen still be considered an elite tackle?

Well, maybe not "elite". He's never been to the probowl, right? But he's long been considered a "top" tackle.

Well, we've been hearing stories all camp of him getting owned by our own lineman and last night he got owned for 2 sacks in the first half. Easy sacks by speed rushers blowing around him.

You know maybe, just maybe Gibbs used a lot of max protect schemes for good reason last year.

Saunders clearly intends more receivers in routes. More options for the QB but is that really what this line needs?

6 sacks last night? 3 in the first half against the first teamers.

I know we are not seeing the final product yet but we have legit concerns with pass protection and more importantly, the health of Brunnel.

And Jansen did not look good last night!

:helmet:

Did Saunders say he was putting the line in more 1-on-1 postitions during the preseason to see what they could do and how they would perform?

Blondie

Yes, and Jansen hasn't done much and he has performed poorly. This is a cause for concern.

There's only so much help they can give Jansen and it didn't exactly reassure me to see Fauria beaten badly last night, as well.

I've tried to black the game from last night out but I remember a sack coming from the right side of the line but it was Christian Fauria 1 on 1 and he lost the battle. The other sack I remember from the right side was a great blitz by Rosevelt Colvin where he waited for both Thomas and Jansen to engage in blocks and then found a path to the QB. Michigan offensive lineman have always been known for their run blocking. Jansen has excelled in pass blocking in the past, I remember he used to always shut down Strahan.

Did Saunders say he was putting the line in more 1-on-1 postitions during the preseason to see what they could do and how they would perform?

Didn't he say these would NOT be the schemes during the season?

Blondie

And how did they do one on one? First teamer gave up 3 last night! What did Saunders learn?

I've tried to black the game from last night out but I remember a sack coming from the right side of the line but it was Christian Fauria 1 on 1 and he lost the battle. The other sack I remember from the right side was a great blitz by Rosevelt Colvin where he waited for both Thomas and Jansen to engage in blocks and then found a path to the QB. Michigan offensive lineman have always been known for their run blocking. Jansen has excelled in pass blocking in the past, I remember he used to always shut down Strahan.

Jansen gave up 2. Both to the outside by wheeling around him. Fauria gave up another.

3 more by the backups in the second half, I believe.

They are fine, Jansen is a warrior. Samuels is damn good...etc. Every lineman has thier nemesis or guy they line up across that seems to have thier number...but other than that..our Starters are very solid...I really don't have any concern there. other than depth.

Archived