Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bottom Line: Portis+Duckett= Dominating One, Two Punch

sketch1

This is what I don't understand about us Redskins fans. We love our team, live and die with them, but get on their cases about every single move the coaches make. All I keep hearing is how 'Skins fans are upset about this trade, about how we ditched Betts and Rock, and that we are stupid for trading away our picks. Well listen here, this deal will make us a much better team than we had before. Last I checked, Betts and Rock were getting dominated by third-string D's, stocked full with undrafted rookies and veterans who are now with their 7th team. T.J. has gained more yards, with less carries, against 1st team defenses, than all our running backs combined. This gives a one, two punch that no team has in the NFL. Portis wont have to get all banged up on third and shorts and goaline situations. He can stay healthy longer, and we dont have to worry about our second string backs getting the job done. As for the pick or picks we gave up, think about this. We just got a proven back, who has 31 touchdowns and is only 25 years old. Why pass that up for a third round pick in next year's draft? We don't know the talent that will be available. The coaches know what they are doing, let them do it. Everyone needs to stop getting on their cases because they are doing the right thing. Have faith brothers!!

Simply put Gibba is pissed..he's given everything the players wanted (Short training camp, less 2 a days) but you have to remember Gibbs is dealing with Modern NFL players who if given an inch, most will take a yeard.

Here is the message he has given the whole team. No one in not replacable. Everyon earns there spot. If you don't perfrom i WILL find someon else. Seriosuly he's been pissed for a while. Everyone is talking super bowl and he hates that kind of stuff.

I love Gibbs becasue he like the game of golf...before anyone jumps on me about this read first.

Golf is such a mental game, more mental than physical than any other game on thr planet..Just when you think you got it, it whacks you so hard, you feel like quitting. Gibbs is gonna get these guys ready to play Sept 11, or he's gonna put news guys in who can do it.

Enough of the hype..back to hard work that pays off!

Gibbs wants a win as much as anybody. He would have never come back except for the fact of being tired of seeing his team failing year after year. So for the short time he has been back, what can anybody say but IMPRESSIVE...

He is going to get what he thinks he needs. By getting TJ that says Joe knows we need some help. Good move as far as I see...

Last I checked, Betts and Rock were getting dominated by third-string D's, stocked full with undrafted rookies and veterans who are now with their 7th team.

No, the third string offensive line were getting dominating and not opening up holes. Very few runningbacks could run like that.

No, the third string offensive line were getting dominating and not opening up holes. Very few runningbacks could run like that.

That was very apparent in the last two games. I have watched both of these guys at FedEx when they have their 1st string offensive guys in front. They do quite well!

:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

This is what I don't understand about us Redskins fans. We love our team, live and die with them, but get on their cases about every single move the coaches make. All I keep hearing is how 'Skins fans are upset about this trade, about how we ditched Betts and Rock, and that we are stupid for trading away our picks. Well listen here, this deal will make us a much better team than we had before. Last I checked, Betts and Rock were getting dominated by third-string D's, stocked full with undrafted rookies and veterans who are now with their 7th team. T.J. has gained more yards, with less carries, against 1st team defenses, than all our running backs combined. This gives a one, two punch that no team has in the NFL. Portis wont have to get all banged up on third and shorts and goaline situations. He can stay healthy longer, and we dont have to worry about our second string backs getting the job done. As for the pick or picks we gave up, think about this. We just got a proven back, who has 31 touchdowns and is only 25 years old. Why pass that up for a third round pick in next year's draft? We don't know the talent that will be available. The coaches know what they are doing, let them do it. Everyone needs to stop getting on their cases because they are doing the right thing. Have faith brothers!!

I have been feeling the same way. I wasnt mad at the way the RB's reacted the other day, and I know Byner will have everybody on the same page. I like the pick up! :point2sky :cheers:

I'm rather excited about the move myself. This is the chance to really have an abusive running game. Can you imagine Mike Sellers as a lead blocker? You have two big ass dudes who love to hit and deliver punishment too! Not to mention the potential for play action passes. We have to wait until they are actually on the field, but I see way more positives than negatives.

:cheers:

I don't want to burst anybodies bubble, but really do you care if we trade Betts or Cartwright for a better player that might help the Skins get to the Superbowl. I like Betts, but Players come and go that's the name of the game with free agency. I think Duckett is a power back that will slam it down the defenses throats..and if that means we are scoring, getting first downs and moving the ball I don't care if Betts or Cartwright get traded. If that comes to that decision I imagine everybody will be upset, but I really dont think people will care in the matter if we are winning games.

Archived